Twilight Valley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

At the Rage (Everyone)

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

At the Rage (Everyone) Empty At the Rage (Everyone)

Post by Kai Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:43 pm

Kai stepped out of the cab. He was looking for a night cap, even if it did usually involve nothing but a few vodka tonics and people watching. Maybe more than a few...

He walked up to the door, fully expecting not to have to show his ID.

Anyone who still thinks I look under 21 is smoking crack
Kai
Kai

Back to top Go down

At the Rage (Everyone) Empty Re: At the Rage (Everyone)

Post by Guest Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:28 pm

~~Narration~~

Kai gets in, only given a glance because of his odd attire. Quite a few comments are made in the line as well as some snickering. Jammer glances up briefly as his Ward is breached, studies Kai, and then turns his attention back to his turntables. The dance floor is a crush of bodies, and the bartender efficiently fills the orders of those at the bar.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kai Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:34 pm

Kai looks back at the people snickering smiles, and arches an eyebrow
yeah. I dare you to say something to my face...please
Kai walks up to the bar.
"Get used to me. Vodka tonic." He slides a 20 across the bar. "That's yours. Keep them coming please"
Kai
Kai

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:52 pm

~~Narration~~

The bartender wordlessly nods, mixes the drink, and slides it over. The sounds of vinyl being scratched transition into the next song(s). ZZ Top's "Sharp Dressed Man" and Devo's cover of "Secret Agent Man" are masterfully mixed and scratched together.

Jammer's got skills.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kai Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:09 pm

Kai smiles to himself and nods at the DJ booth. After noticing the Atlantean scribbles on the wall
Spoiler:
he turns to the bartender and says "The DJ has an interesting mix. How do I go about getting a word with him?"
Kai
Kai

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:31 am

~~Narration~~

"Who, Jammer?" the bartender yells as he continues to serve. "Yeah, you should have heard him when he went through his 'Screwing' phase. He doesn't do requests," he said, taking another look at Kai. A hint of a smile slowly forms as he takes in the suit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kai Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:55 am

Kai smiles
"Fair enough. Don't worry, apparently I don't have to make requests to be played to. Actually, my request is more a matter of employment. If its not him I speak with, is there a manager around?"
Kai
Kai

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:11 am

~~Narration~~

"A job?" the bartender replies incredulously. "Doing what?" he asks, getting ready to say something more, but then reminding himself that Kai is a customer. He waves at Jammer and points to Kai. Jammer looks at Kai, nods, and turns the tables over to another guy in the booth.

The music continues, but with a little less expertise and smooth transitions -- and nothing daring like mixing 60 & 90 bpm tracks. If you had to guess, this is the regular DJ.

Jammer, Apostate

Jammer makes his way over to the bar, and picks up the Manhattan the bartender has made and set on the bar for him. As he approaches, Kai can feel his Unseen Senses tingle. He takes a drink and looks at Kai.

"What's up, Secret Asian Man?" he asks.

Last edited by West on Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:24 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Kai Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:15 am

Kai smiles.
"I like the decor. Just wish we could enjoy it under less stressful times. I'm Kai." Kai extends his hand out to shake.
Kai
Kai

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:24 am

Jammer, Apostate

"Jammer," he says, shaking Kai's hand. "So what brings one of Sac's new badasses to the Rage... again?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Kai Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:35 am

Kai nods, impressed
"Astute, and a good DJ. It's good to meet you. I was actually just looking for a nightcap after a rough day, but since I'm here, will you be attending the impending meeting?"
Kai
Kai

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:54 am

Jammer, Apostate

Jammer gives Kai an amused look. "Is that a nice suggestion? Or an actual question?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Kai Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:58 am

"It's an actual question. I'm not the one handing out orders" Kai takes a sip of his vodka. "I'm actually looking for employment. You think I dress up like this for no good reason?"
Kai
Kai

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:03 am

Jammer, Apostate

"I heard sometimes you dress up like a big-assed Jawa," Jammer says with a laugh. "Of course I'm going. Word is that big changes are coming." He gives a shrug. "I just hope the other 'freelancers' are smart enough to show up. Figure this is a big roundup to see who's who -- and whoever isn't there, isn't friendly."

He looks at Kai expectantly, seeing if he's the quid pro quo sort.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kai Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:10 am

Kai lets out a hearty laugh, probably harder than he should
"You'll have to forgive me, but that's the funniest shit I've heard all day. Is that what they say about my religious garb. That's funny!" Kai takes a moment to compose himself "It's been a stressful day" finally regaining composure.
"I'm not sure what's in store on the whole, but I think Undrichmann was preparing someone to take over for the" Kai pauses for a second "for my order, and I know for sure there will be a huge change in the structure of the group formally headed by Niles. As for the others, I have no idea. I have heard your name, you are 'freelance' right? You plan on staying that way?"
Kai
Kai

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:13 am

Jammer, Apostate

"Hell yeah," he replies, and then waves his arm in an encompassing gesture. "This is happiness man. Why the fuck would trade this for anything?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Kai Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:30 am

Kai nods
"Absolutely. Sometimes I wish I would have made different choices, Kai has a brief look of pondering cross his face " but here I am asking for employment at one of Sacramento's hot spots"
Kai
Kai

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:35 am

Jammer, Apostate

"Phrym said you worked at Avalon?" he replied with a questioning look.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kai Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:08 am

"I do, but I would also like to work at least a couple nights a week at a club I have more in common with the clientele, and related to that, I think I would enjoy meeting the people who frequent this place a little more." Though Kai did kind of miss meeting Whats-her-name. Damnit, why couldn't he remember her name?
Kai
Kai

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:21 am

Jammer, Apostate

"Man," Jammer said, "I don't think so. What you're going to do is make my people uptight as hell. A lot of them come here to 'get away', if you catch my drift. Besides," he shrugs, "I don't think you're going to find what you're looking for by bouncing at a different club every night."

Back to top Go down

Post by tsameti Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:31 am

Gwenivelle shows up to The Rage with Bourbon and some kid from her Lit class.

And the dumbass gets bumped at the door for sporting the worst fake since Coldplay's hype of their 2008 release.

"Fuck him. Can't even remember his name." Bourbon says. "Little witchie, it's time to get emulsified. Shots?"

"Fuuuuuuuck, I can't. Boss man'll chew me out if I show up tomorrow under the creeping grey. I can have two beers, maybe."

"Suck a lolcat Gwenny, I'm gonna get drunk. I'll make sure to get something floral for you."

"I hope you slip and die bitch..." Jimmy ventures towards that waitress he's trying to get with, and Gwenivelle has to shout above the noise of the club. "Get me a goddamned 7 and 7!"

She spots Jammer at the far end of the bar and figures she ought to say hello. Gwenny squeezes over and starts in mock surprise, "look who's still spinning tracks here! Thought someone would have fired you after my last review..." She plants a one arm half hug on Jammer. She figures that it's a very French thing to to. (It's not) "Who is this? Your lawyer?" she laughs.
tsameti
tsameti

Back to top Go down

Post by Kai Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:25 am

Kai nods at Jammer.
"Thats too bad. Keep me in mind." Kai flags the bartender to order another Vodka tonic. Nothing left to do now but drink, in a suit, among people who had no respect for real style.

Kai arches an eyebrow at Gwen
"Kai, Lawyer Extraordinaire"

Last edited by Kai on Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kai
Kai

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:39 am

Jammer, Apostate

"That's right, girl," Jammer said with a laugh, "I hired him to sue you. Just because I don't spin Tammy Wynette and Winona Judd doesn't mean there's no skill." He proceeds to finish introductions, "Kai, this is Gwen. Gwenny, we were talking about the big get-together coming up -- you gonna do a review of that?"

Back to top Go down

Post by tsameti Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:11 pm

"Oh, you are BAD. You are baaaad." Gwenny rolls her eyes so far back into her head they nearly get stuck. "Besides, you know I've always been more of a Glen Campbell sort of girl"

"Kai, yeah hey, Gwenivelle. Are we talking about that Foam Party you're doing, or are we talking about the meeting?"
tsameti
tsameti

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:49 pm

Jammer looks at Kai. "Why is it white girls see a dark skinned man and immediately scream 'foam party!'?"

He laughs, and adds, "Sheeeeit, what I want is to find someone who can change the foam to whipped cream! But -yeah- we were talking about the meeting."

At the Rage (Everyone) Jammerbanner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kai Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:53 pm

"At least she didn't look at me and ask where her cat was." Kai smiled to himself. "Yeah, I think I'm in a holding pattern until the meeting happens. Hadn't had much in the way of orders passed down to me other than the one we just handled. I'm curious to see what has the Mysts all riled up.
Gwen, who are you with?"
Kai
Kai

Back to top Go down

Post by tsameti Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:08 pm

"Yea, we're screaming alright. Screams of fear, the only emotion those dank-ass dreds get from a woman." She retorts. "Besides, you know you love those parties... It's the only bath you get these days."

"I think I'm technically with the 'Nihilists', which is the worst fucking name imaginable. Ugh, the meeting is going to be such a shitstorm. I'm on the job for like two weeks and the head honcho goes Norman Bates and wigs out. I think we're getting someone new, hopefully someone who isn't insane."
tsameti
tsameti

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:10 pm

"So, what?" Jammer asks looking interested. "Nihilist Niles wigged out?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Kai Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:17 pm

Kai takes a sip of his drink.
Great, a fucking Guardian
He does his best to keep a nonchalant face "That's what I heard"
Let's see how this plays into Vex's schemes.
Kai
Kai

Back to top Go down

Post by tsameti Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:18 pm

"I don't know much about it. That's all I heard. I mean, he was never around anyway so I didn't really know the guy. You should see how brinked Vex looks these days. Like she got hit by a Mac truck, swear to god."
tsameti
tsameti

Back to top Go down

Post by tsameti Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:49 pm

"What about you Suit? Who's got you on a leash? Or are you the kind of man that holds it?"
tsameti
tsameti

Back to top Go down

Post by Kai Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:11 pm

Kai smiled at Gwen.
You should ask Niles who pulls our strings, and then talk to Vex about an apprenticeship.

"Suit? I have to remember next time i come here I need to dress much more casual. As for my strings, its more of a bit and bridle actually. Undrichmann points, I go."
Kai
Kai

Back to top Go down

Post by tsameti Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:09 pm

Gwenivelle shoots Jammer a confused look.

"Isn't that the guy in charge? Huh. So you're in administration, or whatever? I do not envy you."

"Can't imagine the bullshit that's going down at the top, what's it been like three different Cabals that have gone under in as many months?"
tsameti
tsameti

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:48 pm

"Fuckin' wack," Jammer agrees. "The librarians seem to be only ones that aren't playing musical chairs," he adds.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kai Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:26 pm

Kai takes another sip of his vodka tonic and orders another, trying to suppress a visible annoyance. She was right, this was crap. Why did he always get called into a shitstorm? Because you never heard Hey Kai, hey West, things are great in Hawaii, we need you to make sure its really that great.

"It's a harsh climate here right now. I hope the reemergence of the consillium helps it."
Kai
Kai

Back to top Go down

Post by tsameti Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:47 pm

"Oh don't jinx it Jammer," Gwenny flicks her hand in the air to chase off bad vibes.

"Yea, well I've got to go chase my drink down. We'll be here a while, so I'll see you in a bit."

"Nice to meet you suits."
tsameti
tsameti

Back to top Go down

Post by Kai Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:59 pm

"Be seeing you soon emo" Kai couldn't help himself. He was getting tired of being addressed as 'suit'.
Kai
Kai

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:59 pm

Jammer shrugs at the exchange. Pentacle politics were just not his bag. "She's a mean guitar," he comments. "Anyway, feel free to hang out, but try not to scare the kids."

Back to top Go down

Post by Kai Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:06 pm

Kai nods to Jammer. "No problems. Next time I'll be sure and dress down a bit. I think I may call it a night. Gotta prepare for the upcoming event. It was good to meet you Jammer."
Kai slams down his vodka tonic, and slams one more down after the bartender hands him another. He pays for the tab, and heads out the door.
Kai
Kai

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:23 pm

~RIP-TIDE~

Rip follows Ollie's directions and pulls into the parkinglot and then discovers....its a Club.

Ummm you want to bring a gunshot man to a club?...... Ok I know I am new to all this but how does this not get seen as odd to anyone if we walk in holding up a guy with blood all over him and looking mighty pale?

glances back at Doc. to see if he looks how Rip THINKS he should look

Back to top Go down

Post by something random Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:47 am

The spell I cast just after I got shot should have helped a lot but I don't have a mirror to cheek but your right a change of clothes at least is essential.

something random

Back to top Go down

Post by Premsyl Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:48 pm

Ollie takes a look at the Doc, cringing when he sees a gunshot's worth of blood splattered all over the man's shirt.

"We can see if Jammer's got a shirt or whatever, or we can ride around to a Wal-Mart or someplace. I dunno, what do you guys think?"
Premsyl
Premsyl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:27 pm

~RIP-TIDE~

Looking at the blood but no wound....Rip tries not to gawk

I haven't found a place so living out of the Pearl, I got some shirts and what not....if you don't mind a surfer shirt you can take your pick......

Rip Parks and heads to the back to find a shirt. 'What in the world did Jammer get me into'

Last edited by Dredloke on Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by something random Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:26 pm

"Any shirt you give me will be better than this one"

something random

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:53 pm

~RIP-TIDE~

Flipping through the stuff he pulls out his bag and pulls out some button up floral print surfer shirt.

Here ya go try this one.

Rip tosses it to him

Back to top Go down

Post by something random Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:14 pm

Doctor Roberts tries it on.
"thanks"

something random

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:58 pm

Jammer fires up a joint, thinking about what he's just heard, and wondering why Arrows keep showing up at his club. They were going to scare the Apostates.

Back to top Go down

Post by Premsyl Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:03 pm

Ollie jumps out of the car, and heads inside the club. He walks up to the bar, looking around. He asks for Jammer when he doesn't notice him right off the bat.
Premsyl
Premsyl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:09 pm

Jammer sees Ollie and heads over. He fairly reeks of marijuana. "What's up, pimp?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:13 pm

~RIP-TIDE~

Closing up the bag and then the back of Pearl he slowly makes his way back to the open driver side door

No problem man, anything I can do to help ya know.....

he watched the door for Ollie and what was expected of them next

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next