Twilight Valley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Party at the Rage (open)

+7
DaevaDude
Fractured
jmiland1
Darksider42
Kelreth
Rosyn
Premsyl
11 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Party at the Rage (open) - Page 3 Empty Re: Party at the Rage (open)

Post by Kelreth Thu May 28, 2009 1:50 pm

Falx looks at his brother and smiles. "Ya it can be nice, we didn't realize we both liked the same art until we got back here. That was a pleasant surprise."
Kelreth
Kelreth

Back to top Go down

Post by tsameti Thu May 28, 2009 2:46 pm

Ruby spins on her heel like a whipcrack, her focused eyes scouring the crowd as if she was the Google Earth satellite. She finds no suspects.

"Somebody grabbed my butt..." Ruby can barely believe that someone would behave so inappropriately at a Consilium function. "But I declare, if I ever do find that cretin of a man, I will turn his clothes into bubblegum!*"

At the bar she orders a Long Island, sipping on it delicately while trying to spot to see if she knows anyone. Unfortunately, she does recognize quite a few others, all of whom appear pretty much smashed at this point.

"Armstrong!" Probably safe to say hi to her...?
___
*A curse that becomes progressively more horrific the more body hair you have.
tsameti
tsameti

Back to top Go down

Post by jmiland1 Thu May 28, 2009 3:15 pm

Joshua orders a soda, and nurses it slow while watching the contest narrow down its contestants. The smile left his face pretty quick and now he ponders what had happened. He'd tried to be nice! He'd tried being social (never mind that calling someone a ridiculous-looking retard wasn't the best social maneuver). But Armstrong thought he was being mean, and Zero told him to "hate the game"--whatever that meant--so now he was back at Square One. He'd had some idea that doing this might work in his favor later; people would see that the Sentinel was a real human, not some sort of magic robot. But it seemed to have backfired. Now his mouth was dry and his head hurt.
Oh god his head hurt.
There's a familiar voice at the bar, and Joshua turns to see a woman dressed kind of like Sophia from the Golden Girls, but without the old-lady makeup and wig. It takes him a moment to recognize her. "Ruby, hello," he says, and lifts his soda in salutation. His eyes are red and bleary. "Long time, no see. Be very careful," he says, gesturing to Armstrong, "Don't break her concentration, she has to focus very hard. She's... computing... the... volume?.... of the drinks." His speech is clear but there are significant pauses between each word, as though he's trying to keep his train of thought on the tracks.
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Post by roadnottaken Thu May 28, 2009 3:50 pm

Animus seems to shrink into himself, clearly thrown off-balance by the question. "What? No. It's not that I avoid leadership; in the past, yes, but not now. I know I need to improve, and I will."

Animus takes a shaky breath, not entirely comfortable with what the outburst might have revealed. "Maybe. I don't know. I just want whatever I do to be something that matters." Am I just holding onto what I've known?
roadnottaken
roadnottaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 28, 2009 4:48 pm

rration Plus~~

Armstrong takes a shot to catch up, giving Zilker and Zero a defiant stare she slams the shot glass down. Now that she's caught up, the math teacher-cum-Captain Morgan picks up another, and quickly shoots it. "SCIENCE! IT DOES THINGS BITCHES!" she yells to everyone, as she sways.

Zilker rubs the bridge of his nose, as if he can't believe Armstrong and Zero are still standing. It's actually because he can't believe Armstrong and Zero are still standing. He picks up another shot, tilts his head back, and upends it. And keeps going back, crashing on the floor.

"Oh dear," Andrade says, getting up and catching Jammer's attention. Making their way over to the fallen Epopt, Jammer picks him up and follows Andrade through a door marked PRIVATE.

With just two still standing, Zero picks up the tenth shot, drinks it, shakily puts it down, and quickly does another. Dropping the glass, the drunken Stormtrooper sags over bar.

Seeing victory in her grasp, Armstrong take her two, rapidly shooting them in succession, and promptly falls on her ass. It sounds as if she's calculating friction coefficients as she tries to stand.

Zero blearily looks over, and stumbles over. Grabbing her under the arms he tries to help her up. "Damn girl you heavy," anyone nearby can hear him mutter.

A second Stormtrooper appears and grabs her other arm, helping her stand. The second Zero gives a drunken wink to Josh, and holds up 3 fingers with a shit-eating grin.

All three disappear.

(( Roll 3 rolls of Wits+Occult to reveal spoiler. First roll is -4, 2nd is -6, 3rd is -4 ))
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited by West on Thu May 28, 2009 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Thu May 28, 2009 4:57 pm

Starling jumps off the bar and follows Andrade and Jammer out as they carry Zilker off. He can be heard saying, "Hot damn, didn't think you'd take it that far."

Viktor makes his way off the dance floor and picks up a refill and looks at all the shot glasses. "Did I miss the party?"
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Thu May 28, 2009 5:25 pm

Valkyrie pusses away the universe eating shot glass in front of her and heads outside, where the night seems so much cooler. She calls up a taxi cab, and while she waits she fires off two text messages.
Benjamin
Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by Premsyl Thu May 28, 2009 5:32 pm

As the shots contest is coming to an end Ollie props Ryan's drunken form up on a barstool, watching him for a second to ensure that he wasn't going to topple right over. "Sit tight, bro. I'll be back."

He walks past the shenanigans with Zero and the eye-patch lady, laughing at them all while thanking his better judgment for not going for the gold in the contest. He notices the bald chick having a good old time and he waves and smiles at her before looking around for Valkyrie. He nearly has to step over Zilker's prone form before Jammer comes to the rescue..

He's about to give up on trying to find the short chick in the crowd when he feels his phone buzz in his pocket and he gets Val's text message. He answers back, then shuts his phone. Walking back over to where Ryan was still precariously perched where Ollie had left him. "You ready to get the hell out of here, bro?"
Premsyl
Premsyl

Back to top Go down

Post by roadnottaken Thu May 28, 2009 5:42 pm

Andrade's movement draws Animus' attention back to the bar scene, but he can only watch as the two storm troopers disappear with Armstrong. He walks over to Joshua and Ruby, still a bit stunned by what happened. "What was he thinking, pulling a stunt like that?"
roadnottaken
roadnottaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelreth Thu May 28, 2009 5:58 pm

Falx looks over where the magical shenanigans just happened. An eyebrow raised at such a displease he only smiles. (internal dialoge) ~And I thought obrimos's were known for doing horribly vulgar things in public...hahaha~
Kelreth
Kelreth

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosyn Thu May 28, 2009 6:30 pm

Teegan waves back at the skater guy that keeps giving her funny looks and again asks herself, what is his deal?! As she looks around at what's left of the crowd she decides its time to leave also. and I thought the soldiers were crazy.. Recalling similar nights of drinking off-duty during her time in the service. She produces a practically antique, partly broken, cell phone from one of her pockets and dials a cab. Hopefully she can get a ride from Orphan to her truck in the morning.
Rosyn
Rosyn

Back to top Go down

Post by tsameti Thu May 28, 2009 6:35 pm

"Joshua!" Ruby exclaims excitedly. "How are you, I haven't seen you in ages. I've heard so many awful things happening in town these days, I'm glad you're alright."

On closer inspection, her excitement dims slightly. Joshua always seemed like a nice boy to be sure, especially considering he's an Arrow, but this isn't exactly the most flattering composure for him.

"Have you been having fun?" She asks, stifling a grimace and taking a pull on her straw. Goodness she feels out of place.
tsameti
tsameti

Back to top Go down

Post by DaevaDude Thu May 28, 2009 6:45 pm

Orphan is stunned by the stunt he'd just seen Zero pull. He hadn't been fond of the reaming he and Valkyrie had gotten from Andrade, so unless every single person in this place was either Awakened or an allied Sleepwalker - something he found hard to imagine - he couldn't imagine what Zero was in for. Sure, 98% of the people present were drunk, high or both, and Zilker was out so he hadn't witnessed it, but still...

Val had taken off, and he could see Teegan getting ready to go. He thought about staying to try to meet a few more people, but decided instead to do some shopping before heading back to the Circle of Creation.

"Hey, good meeting you, man," he says to Falx, clapping him on the shoulder. "I'm going to take off here, but I thought I'd ask if you needed any help getting your brother out to whatever you're driving."
DaevaDude
DaevaDude

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelreth Thu May 28, 2009 6:48 pm

Falx glances over at his bro. "I should be able to get him to his truck, im driving it, though thanks for offering."
Kelreth
Kelreth

Back to top Go down

Post by Fractured Thu May 28, 2009 6:49 pm

Tug is at the bar, enthusiastically trying to teach some of the patrons the UCLA fight song and laughing like a madman at their attempts to understand his slurring.

I wonder if I should try to sober up again. Nah.

"No, no, no, thash all wrong. It's Fight, fight, du-duh, fight!..."
Fractured
Fractured

Back to top Go down

Post by Darksider42 Thu May 28, 2009 7:35 pm

Ryan tried to give Ollie a nod, though the world seemed to spin dangerously as he did. From his perspective anyway. "This...Place is tooo loud." He managed to get out before his forehead colided with the bar. "Ow..."
Darksider42
Darksider42

Back to top Go down

Post by Premsyl Thu May 28, 2009 9:14 pm

"Alright, tough guy. Let's get you home."

Ollie somehow manages to get Ryan back onto his feet and out of the club, getting his skateboard from the doorman and piling Ryan into a taxi cab. He jumps in next to him and tells the driver to head to Sac U, deciding to wait until they get back to Ryan's to try sobering him up a lttle bit.
Premsyl
Premsyl

Back to top Go down

Post by DaevaDude Thu May 28, 2009 11:39 pm

Kelreth wrote:Falx glances over at his bro. "I should be able to get him to his truck, im driving it, though thanks for offering."

"Fair 'nuff. You two take it easy, and I'll see you tomorrow." Orphan glances at Tug's antics at the bar and chuckles. "I look forward to meeting him when he's not trashed."

He waves and heads out.
DaevaDude
DaevaDude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 29, 2009 1:19 am

(( This thread will close Friday at midnight, so that I can Sticky Ghoster's Funeral ))

Back to top Go down

Post by Premsyl Fri May 29, 2009 1:30 am

Hollins had enjoyed the party though he hadn't participated as much as he'd just sat and watched the fun. He'd gotten some impressions on the types of Workers living in town, at least when it came to how they behaved when they were out having fun. It was good that they could stop and enjoy themselves, and he particularly relished the costumed one's obvious flexing of his will. Such fun, from time to time, was a thing to be encouraged.

He leaves the Rage, tipping his hat and bidding farewells to not one person in particular. He climbs into a black cadillac and drives away, while his snake slithers into Hollins' jacket to get closer to the warmth of the man's body.
Premsyl
Premsyl

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelreth Fri May 29, 2009 2:04 am

Falx walks over to his bro at the bar. "Dude its time to go. It's getting late, we got things to do tomorrow and I need your help to get your drunk ass to the car."
Kelreth
Kelreth

Back to top Go down

Post by jmiland1 Fri May 29, 2009 4:19 am

"Not particularly," Joshua says to Ruby. "I think I thought that doing this might... I dunno," he finishes. "I don't think I will be doing this again. Ever." He shakes his head, then stops with a pained look on his face. "Ever."
He looks back at where Zero and Armstrong were. "I think he's got a death wish," he says, apparently in answer to Animus. "Or maybe he just doesn't care. Gonna get us all killed if that's the case."
Subject change! Best not to think of Zero, or Armstrong, or what they were probably doing right now. Joshua turns back to Ruby (too fast, it would seem by his wincing). "Yeah, I haven't seen you around. Where you been? Mapping out those ley lines like you said?" He's not slurring at all, but his speech still keeps a deliberate pace.
He pats a vacant bar stool next to him. "And what did Andrade have to say?"
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Post by Fractured Fri May 29, 2009 10:39 am

"..du duh du Fight Fight Fight! Hmm?" Tug turns away from the bar and looks at Falx. "Yeah, ok." He casts a forlorn gaze across the club, then sighs and tries to right himself once more before leaving.

Spoiler:

He was still kinda drunk, but at least he wasn't seeing double anymore. "Better. Let's go. You drive." He flips his brother the keys and heads for the exit.
Fractured
Fractured

Back to top Go down

Post by roadnottaken Fri May 29, 2009 11:14 am

Animus looks uncomfortable when Joshua brings up Andrade. "She wanted to talk about my place within the Ladder. I don't know what will come out of it, but we didn't get very far before Zilker fell over." He chuckles slightly at the thought of the Epopt getting himself falling-down drunk, but turns serious again almost immediately. "Do you want some help with that, Josh?"
roadnottaken
roadnottaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelreth Fri May 29, 2009 12:58 pm

Falx catches the keys and they go out to Tug's truck. They head back to their sanctum.
Kelreth
Kelreth

Back to top Go down

Post by jmiland1 Fri May 29, 2009 2:51 pm

"You can do that, can't you?" Joshua says, remembering Animus' facility with healing. "Please, yes, please. Thank you. You'll never need to do this again."
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Post by tsameti Fri May 29, 2009 4:20 pm

"Well, I've been helping a little." Ruby answers reservedly. "Mostly I've been trying to actually work on my sculpture a bit again. I'm working with bronze and plastic and neon tubing. It's a bigger project than I'm used to so I'm pretty much swamped!"

"Um, I guess everyone's leaving. It's late, maybe I should go too. Joshua, do you and Animus play tennis? A friend and I want to play doubles but we're trying to find partners. It would be a lot of fun! Just... think about it, OK?"
Ruby smiles and gives her friends a quick, cheerful hug and gathers up her things.

She leaves behind her half finished Long Island, and through sheer force of will maintains the illusion of sobriety as she passes through the door and hails a cab.

Maybe it was an OK night after all.
tsameti
tsameti

Back to top Go down

Post by roadnottaken Fri May 29, 2009 4:39 pm

"I think we should head out as well."

With a brief moment of concentration and a few whispered words, Animus forms an Imago to help clear the alcohol from Josh's system. "Feel better now?"

Spoiler:
roadnottaken
roadnottaken

Back to top Go down

Post by jmiland1 Fri May 29, 2009 10:33 pm

Joshua closes his eyes, and a placid expression comes over his face. "Oh, gods, yes," he says. "So much better. Thank you." He finishes his soda, leaves some cash to pay, and gets out his keys. "Let's go home and get some sleep. Busy days ahead."
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3