Twilight Valley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Under the Milky Way Tonight

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Under the Milky Way Tonight - Page 2 Empty Re: Under the Milky Way Tonight

Post by West Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:36 pm

-4 Stamina, -2 Dexterity
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kai Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:39 pm

Niles buckles slightly at the sudden unexpected strain to his body.
"Damnit I should have given you credit" he mutters as he tries to regain balance.
Kai
Kai

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:50 pm

That was my favorite gun, you fuck.

West pulls out his Five-SeveN and moved between the moments of eternity, blending his Supernal craft with his mundane expertise. With the opening Ankh had given them, it was the perfect time.

With a double tap that dropped Short, he swung his pistol over to Niles...

Spoiler:

Last edited by West on Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Kai Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:55 pm

Niles, barely able to stand on his two feet after being enervated by Frost, holds up his hand as a yield gesture.
"Fair enough. I haven't said this many times in my life, but I can't do this. It's over. Tell that fucker Undrichmann you guys have postponed the inevitable." he collapses to his knee. "Please don't let them die. He is my son." he looks to Ankh expectantly pointing towards 'Shorthand'.
Kai
Kai

Back to top Go down

Post by Kai Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:04 pm

Kai looks around and then looks at West's destroyed pistol.
"Damn. I even enjoyed the memories that thing had."
Kai
Kai

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:07 pm

"That was my favorite gun, you fuck," West said out loud, before reversing the Five-SeveN and clubbing Niles on the back of his head, despite Niles' protests about yielding.

He gave Kai a defensive look and then nodded at his words. He remembered.

"Nice job," he said, giving Ankh a warm smile. He actually felt the urge to kiss her, but that seemed oddly morbid, with a man dying.

Not to mention Kai was standing there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kai Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:16 pm

Kai looked around
"wow, glad I could help. Le plus ca change and all that. So what do we do with him?"
Kai
Kai

Back to top Go down

Post by West Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:28 pm

Active Spells: Pulse of the Living World, Aura Perception, Organic Resilience, Doppelganger

Ankh casts a spell to put Niles into a coma.

(Using Mind 3 + Life 3 improvised coma spell)

03-30 21:26:29 Ankh rolls 7 dice to Life+Gnosis+HS-5 7 successes
9,2,9,8,10, 5,10,1,10,9

She then moves to Shorthand casting Healing Heart.

03-30 21:18:07 Ankh rolls 14 dice to Comp+Medicine+Life 7 successes
4,6,8,4,7, 5,4,10,10,1, 1,8,10,5,6, 6,10,9

Then places him in a coam as well.

03-30 21:27:29 Ankh rolls 9 dice to Life+Gnosis+HS-3 4 successes
7,5,3,3,9, 8,9,7,10,2

She then moves to Longhand and casts.

03-30 21:19:41 Ankh rolls 14 dice to Comp+Medicine+Life 7 successes
9,10,4,8,8, 1,4,9,10,6, 9,2,3,1,4, 3

Ending with another coma spell.

03-30 21:28:18 Ankh rolls 8 dice to Life+Gnosis+HS=4 2 successes
7,6,6,10,5, 4,7,1,8

She finally turns to West. "They are all in comas and should not be a problem for a while."
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:52 pm

West looks at Kai incredulously. "Why haven't you been doing that? We've been hitting people for years for no reason?"

Grinning to let him know he was kidding, he continued, "OK, I'll be right back. Something tells me we're in a Demesne." After a few minutes, West returns, holding a small, glowing orb. "We'll take this and the clock for evidence."

Looking at Ankh, he asked, "You ok? I know that went down awfully fast. You did great, though."

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by West Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:03 pm

Active Spells: Pulse of the Living World, Aura Perception, Organic Resilience, Doppelganger

Ankh looks down at the three men sleeping and nods. "Yeah, I'm good. Are you two ok? I mean, no one is hurt right?" She moves over to West and begins to examine him, looking for signs of blood. Then, she moves to Kai and does the same.
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:23 pm

"I'm good," West replied. "I think Tick Tock Jr. tried to wrap me in Geas, but that was it. Other than this," he said, toeing a pile of metal flakes and dust.

"I'll have to tell you about the things that gun made it through with me, sometime," he added.

Closing his eyes for a few seconds, West opened them. "You know what's funny? We must have gotten that right pretty quickly. I haven't touched the Time stream."

Back to top Go down

Post by West Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:31 pm

Ankh quirks an eyebrow. "I am not following. What are you talking about "touched the Time stream"?"
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:39 pm

West gave her a puzzled look. Had she forgotten Brenda and Avalon? "You know... I didn't have to... rewind. He could do it, too," he looked at Niles.

He shrugged. "I just figured we'd each do it a few times. I didn't... not even once. Means we got it right."

Back to top Go down

Post by West Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:44 pm

Ankh frowns, looking at Niles. "That doesn't mean he didn't do it. You know, that just creeps me out that you guys can do shit like that. How will I ever know if you've done it to me or not?"
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:07 am

"I wouldn't do that to you, unless you had been hurt," West said as he knelt down to touch the remains of his Sig.

FateSpinners. Soul. The German. Hephaestus. Kaa. Madeleine. What is it we say? Do Not Have Preferences.

West sighed.

"As if I just keep using do-overs until I get one of our wonderful arguments or amazing silences," he said softly.

Back to top Go down

Post by West Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:13 am

Ankh sighs, looking around. "I could be doing other amazing things with you if you didn't argue so much."

She walked over to Shorty, checking his pulse to make sure he was stable and then did the same with Longhand and Niles. "All right, I think it's back-up time. I am getting tired. I need to release these spells soon."
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:14 am

West stood up, with a look of curiosity, embarrassment, and a touch of the speculative expression he wore when evaluating a scenario. It quickly faded as he nodded to her request for back-up.

"Kai, can you call the Magister? See what he wants us to do?" West asked as he took off his blazer and begun wrapping the clock and it's parts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kai Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:18 am

Kai whistles innocently as he motions to West so he can look at the soulstone.
"I'm going to guess it's his" looking down at Niles "but to the winner go the spoils. At least we will be able to stave off paradox in our humble abode now, if the consillium doesn't order it to be given to them."

In the basement area, you also find what looks to be an almost completed Doomsday clock, several books written in some form of shorthand and scribbled notes, and a door that opens to a brick wall.

((Making assumptions here))
West does the postcog that he originally came here for, and as he would expect, the event of the mage escaping has been completely erased from the records of time.

A final decision is made to turn the tick-tock man over to Undrichmann, to have the Consillium hold him accountable for his actions.
Kai
Kai

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2