Twilight Valley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

C & FC's F1 Thread

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

C & FC's F1 Thread Empty C & FC's F1 Thread

Post by Forn Clakes Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:06 pm

Don't be scared, the 2009 Formula 1 Grand Prix season starts in a few hours and I'll be up watching it at approx 6am over here.

I will also be online at the same time just to bore the pants off anyone who gives a rat's ass geek

See you soon!

~FC.
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

C & FC's F1 Thread Empty Re: C & FC's F1 Thread

Post by Guest Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:16 pm

You and C are two peas in a pod.

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:23 pm

LOL! Yeah, but anyone can join us.

~FC.
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:38 pm

HOOOORAY!!!!

OK -- we're going to have Char and her Fiance over tomorrow morning, but we're going to watch EVERYTHING together: the practice, the qualifying and then the race. And then I'll jump on here and laugh about how slow Lewis and Heikki went!!! LOL

Also, as is the new tradition in my house, we'll be making Kimi Bread, to honor Mr. Raikkonen and the Ferrari team, and to bring them luck. Plus, that's really the only way we can get Matt out of bed that early... ha ha

I CAN'T WAIT!!! We're probably not even going to sleep tonight!!!!

GO KIMI! GO FERRARI!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:59 am

Ok, I'm awake, have a cuppa to hand and ready to go. Lets get racing people!

~FC.
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:23 pm

Ok, don't want to spoil it for anyone yet but such a good start to the season. Bring on Malaysia next weekend.

~FC.
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:34 am

OK, we just finished watching practice, qualifying and the race....

WTF?!

Button/Barrichello 1/2?

And two retirements for Ferrari? That's the definition of a "good start"?? Oh boy, we're going to have words this season!!! LOL

Bring on Malaysia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:58 am

Did you also see that Trulli lost his podium position due to the safety car infringement? Gave that up to Lewis (BLAH!)

And you know the Kubica/Vettel crash? "Vettel" is the one getting penalized! How incredibly unfair is that? Kubica totally came down on him in that turn and Vettel had no where to go... that just sucked. And if Kimi couldn't win, I was really hoping for Vettel, he's my next favorite Smile

He was fined $50,000 US (for continuing to drive the damaged car LOL) AND a 10 spot grid penalty for Malaysia... Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:04 am

Poor old Nakajima; I don't think I've ever seen him finish a race Laughing

~FC.
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:54 am

I know... Sad

And what was up with Nico's hair? And that thing growing on Felipe's face?? Yikes!!

The back wings on the cars were so aesthetically disappointing too... just so small for the rest of the car, visually. And the cars seems so squirrley with the lack of down force. It seemed sort of like that last year too though in Australia -- I think the first race of the year everybody is trying to get used to all the new specs. Then things start to mellow out.

I was disappointed they put the 18,000 rpm rev limiters on the engines... Lame! It's not a huge difference, but there just seems to be a little "whine" missing, you know?

Still got me going though!! LOL

Only 5 more days 'til practice!

Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:04 pm

Yeah, I agree. Still, even though I'm not a fan of Button, I couldn't help but feel a little proud, especially given that a couple of months ago, h was practically out of a job.

Poor, poor Ferrari Sad Saying that, they didn't have a great start last year. Must be the Melbourne Blues all round.

~FC.
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:37 pm

Melbourne is CURSED! It is DEAD TO ME. LOL

And as for Button -- sure -- that's nice, your national pride and all. But you have to keep in mind, his team are.... CHEATERS!!!!!!!

Diffusers, my butt!!

Unbelievable!!!!!!!! :😁:

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:40 pm

:holds hands in defence: Oh, once again, I agree.

Still, at least they stayed on the track :Ducks for cover:

~FC.
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:48 pm

Hey nothing wrong with Melbourne......just because were not as big as Orlando or Tampa doesn't mean its dead....

Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:50 pm

Hush, you. I recall you once put your locatioin down as Melboring!

~FC.
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:54 pm

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:54 pm

LOL!

~FC.
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:07 pm

Dred! Did you just bust out the little "Devil" on us! Holy Cow!!! ;-)

All I have to say about staying on the track is, at least my boy can admit it when he makes a mistake, although this is starting to sound a lot like "Ground Hog Day" and I'm already getting scared...

Kimi Raikkonen: "When I ended up in the wall it was my mistake. A shame as, given what happened later, I could have finished second. We lost valuable points but we will try and make up for it starting right away in Malaysia.

::sigh:: I love that the reason for his DNF was listed as "Differential"... THAT cracks me up. Like, the differential totally ATE IT when he lost control into the wall?? :😁:

But I'm wearing my lucky Ferrari shirt today. So that should help a little. And Malaysia usually works out for the lads in red... Smile

Did you see they were using their light release system in the pits? I was half thinking they'd ban them from using that considering all the "issues" last season. But, what the hell. They "are" Ferrari after all! Are any of the other teams copying it yet? I didn't notice...

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:11 pm

No, I didn't notice. Most of the teams I saw were using the lollypops I think. I am surprised that Ferrari were back to the light release system especially after what happened at Singapore. Poor Massa took the fuel hose with him!

~FC.
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:20 pm

AND ran over one of the crew. Kimi did too, but in a separate race. It happened several times last season, didn't it? But that contraption earns them a tenth of a second in a lap time (or something like that), so it's well worth the human sacrifice... :😁:

I get the Ferrari press emailed to me several times a day, and you would just die laughing at how they spun some of those stories. They almost had the guys claiming they'd jumped in the way purposefully and that it was their own fault they got run over and hurt... Kind of like when Kimi's steering failed at Monza, and he stood in front of the Press and claimed it was all his fault that he 'threw" his F1 car violently into the tire barrier for no apparent reason. The guys on Speed (Sarcasm) Channel had a field day with that... LOL

Ferrari is a very tight ship, man. You don't say anything disloyal or they take you outback and shoot you!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:24 pm

Shocked Really? Well, the stuff you know.

~FC.
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:42 pm

Well, sure. They're just like the Mob, only worse. At least, that's what I hear... ha ha

So, what's the word on the street from your side of the pond regarding this American team for 2010? We think it's completely lame, BTW... That would be like saying, "hey, let's put together a team that's all Canadian, just so we can have Canadian drivers in the GPs, and who cares that they can't drive and weren't competitive enough to get seats with any other teams, because, gosh darn it, they're Canadians!!"

Americans can be so incredibly self-centered and ridiculous. An American sponsored team would be fine, if they hired the best drivers they could, not just exclusively American drivers. They will always lose with sub-par drivers and it will make us look more like jackasses than we already do... Sad

And God help me if they sign Danica Patrick. I will slit my throat.

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:58 am

What, what? An all American team? I haven't heard this yet...

Off to investigate...

~FC.
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:01 pm

OMFG! Hamilton's been disqualified from Melbourne's race!

Can anything else happen this week?

~FC.
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:21 pm

No WAY!!!!!! What happened??????????? OMG!!! OMG!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:24 pm

Something about him overtaking Trulli when the safety car came out after the Vettel incident. However, it has been ruled that Hamilton should have stayed in fourth and given up third place. He has been disqualified for it even though on the team radio he questions whether he should drop back or stay and got no reply!

~FC.
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:32 pm

I know -- I'm trying to read it right now. It' s as confusing as heck. And it seems he not only got disqualified for his podium, but the constructor points as well!! Holy Crap!! All I can tell is he slowed up for Trulli to pass, and Trulli did pass him, but Hamilton's telemetry says there was nothing wrong with his car? And Trulli claims he thought there was something wrong with him, that's why he passed? Because Trulli came off the track with cold tires and lost the 3rd spot, because, what the hell was Hamilton suppose to do? Stop on the track and wait for him to get back on???

Oh, the FIA has it SO bad for McLaren... I mean, I love Ferrari, but even I can see they get it, well, in a bad way... LOL

It never seems fair...

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:37 pm

I'm all up for fairness but I know what you mean about Mclaren being screwed over.

Oh well, still a cracking start to the season.

~FC.
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:41 pm

Cracking!! I just love to hear you talk. We all got a big kick out you having a "cuppa" while you watched the race!!

LOL Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:43 pm

Well, the race was showing at 7am over here. I got up at 5am to watch the build up. I needed tea. I love tea. geek

~FC.
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:57 pm

I love tea too. My favorite...

But aren't you sort of required to love tea. Sort of a contractual agreement or something??? LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:59 pm

Some would say that I drink too much, 15 cups per day on average.

~FC.
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:02 pm

Holy Schnizzle!! 15 cuppas?? Goodness.

Char and I want to know the significance of Forn Clakes (Corn Flakes??) comes from??

We're sitting here wondering...

Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:46 pm

The issue, as explained by my husband. Finally I sort of start to understand it:

Not sure of the details, but it sounds like he deliberately slowed up and let Jarno Trulli pass him under the safety car. When the stewards asked Hamilton and the team manager David Ryan about it, they said there was no intent to let that happen. But the FIA produced the tapes of the cockpit conversation which I guess clearly shows Hamilton and Ryan engaged in that exact conversation. So it looks like Trulli was tricked into that pass under the SC.

I think because Trulli had an “off” that was minor during the SC event, and Hamilton passed him. The rules say you can pass under the SC if a car leaves the track. But some are saying that it might have been a gray area kind of pass, so McLaren engaged in some trickery they know would get Trulli sanctioned.
---------

That's racing! ;-)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:46 pm

I still read it as something WAY different

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:56 pm

Really? What do you read it as?? Oh great racing guru...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:35 am

All I have to say about staying on the track is, at least my boy can admit it when he makes a mistake, although this is starting to sound a lot like "Ground Hog Day" and I'm already getting scared...

Quote:
Kimi Raikkonen: "When I ended up in the wall it was my mistake. A shame as, given what happened later, I could have finished second. We lost valuable points but we will try and make up for it starting right away in Malaysia.

Wow...were you really able to understand a word of him saying this...or did you just get the quote from online! Razz
J/k...I know you LOVE him!

Sorry I'm late on this conversation but.......I VOTE FOR BUTTON! GO BUTTON! They didn't cheat....they just used their brains and figured out how to make one "fit" within the rules. Don't be jealous that they are the smart ones! Just wait till Malaysia...they will ALL have it!

I also must admit....never a fan until Chrisiaen and her hubby brought us in. Now we are highly awaiting our next race. Yea!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:18 am

See everybody??? All the COOL kids are doing it... Formula 1 is where it's at!

And no. I didn't translate the patented "Kimi Mumble®️" -- that was straight from the Ferrari press machine. He has "people" for that... LOL

Brawn GP are TOO cheaters!!! Differentials on the tail lights are NOT in the spirit of the rules. Cheater Cheater Pumpkin Eater.

The FIA will take care of those boys, and Ferrari will reclaim their rightful place AT THE TOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:39 am

So...Not to thread hop...But Forn Clakes?

We should be happy that some British guy won the first race-thingy right? It popped up on my yahoo news....

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:40 am

Just heard on the news that Hamilton may be disqualified from the entire Championship and has been fined for speeding in the pit lane during qualifying.

*sigh*

Oh well, still can't wait til Sunday @ Malaysia.

The whole 'Forn Clakes' thing? Nothing major really, when I was a kid my older brother used to play alot of AD&D and one of his NPCs was called Forn Clakes. When he got me into it, I was always looking frward to meeting this near mythical figure but never did Sad So, its a homage to my youth, really.

And, yes, he did get it from 'Corn Flakes'. He was lazy with names and yes, I am a thief.

~FC.
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:07 am

A thief, perhaps. But not a CHEATER!!!!!

LOL

Differentials in the tail lights... Bah!

(That's a very sweet story. I don't suppose he's still playing now??)

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:21 am

No. We still get together and play Exalted, this time with me as the ST Twisted Evil

I'm staying neutral on the Brawn GP situation. Fair's fair.
~FC.
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:34 pm

Less than twelve hours to Malaysia whoop!

Whoop-Whoop!

~FC.
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:17 pm

I LOVE the track at Kuala Lumpur. In fact, I love the tracks that are "proper" tracks, not cities converted to tracks. I know I'll catch all sorts of crap for this, but Monaco drives me nuts. What's the point? It's pathetic to watch those magnificent machines forced to go around a go-kart track at those speeds. Demeaning. Heresy!!

The weather might be a bit dodgy, huh! Afternoon monsoons always make for exciting Qualifying!!! Can't WAIT!!!!!!!!

Who's your money on, now that ol' Hamilton is in disgrace... LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:19 pm

I'm with you, C, in regard to Monaco: find it as boring as watching paint dry.

Dunno about the result mind, I reckon Ferrari may take it.

~FC.
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:29 pm

Yessssssssss....

Another comes over to the Prancing Horse dark side...

Bwa ha ha ha ha!

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:30 pm

Nothing wrong with a bit of prancing. I do it daily.

~FC.
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:46 pm

THAT'S my boy!

Ferrari Tifosi must stick together...

Now, just remember. No spoilers. We can't watch ANYTHING until after we end our TT game on Sunday night around 8pm pacific. So I'll post as soon as I can talk.

Enjoy Smile

GO KIMI! GO FERRARI!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:49 pm

My lips are sealed. Just remeber, I will be drinking copious amounts of tea while yelling such words as 'bloody hell', 'cracking', c'ome on Lewis you tit', and the obliquitory, 'fancy another cuppa?'

Very Happy

~FC.
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:31 am

Soooooo.....What do you think of that?

Intriguing.

~FC.
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes