Twilight Valley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meeting of the Minds

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Meeting of the Minds Empty Meeting of the Minds

Post by Lexi Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:55 pm

Erika kept her daggers as close to her wrists as possible as she stepped into the bookstore, sighing as she realized it was only the workers there tonight. She quickly ushered them off for the rest of the night; she had business to attend to. It would still be some time before these masses of unfinished shelves and counters and various other fixtures the cathedral was being fitted with, would be ready.

She pulled together whatever seating she could, after the workers had gone, and waited.
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Meeting of the Minds Empty Re: Meeting of the Minds

Post by shouldabeenadog Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:04 pm

Mrs. Scotts arrives, and notices that no one else has.

"If you want the priscus spot, fine; I just want to keep my job. However, if you feel that your new seneschal duties might limit your capacity as priscus, please allow me to ascend. If I support you, then you will succeed. If you support me, then I will suceed. That way we have no worry over cousins like Ace mucking things up royally."
shouldabeenadog
shouldabeenadog

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:06 pm

"Agreed. The main question is, do you know anyone that could serve as the Whip, without furthering their own agenda, first?" Erika leans up against the table she's set up, watching the door for others.
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:10 pm

Jayant arives at the bookstore, recognising two of its occupants from the emergency Court when he first arrived yet never having the pleasure of meeting them.

Removing his hat as he enters, Jayant stands at a respectable distance and waits, his obediance to duty kicking in once more.
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by West Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:42 pm

Bella enters the bookstore looking a bit confused. She did not know why this meeting had been called, but it seemed as if something had happened. Something bad.

Her wounds had healed from the night of penance, but her emotions were still a mess. The last time she had allowed herself to feel anything for a man, someone like Elle had come and stole him away with her seductive bearing. She was terrified that would happen again with Nicolo.

Forcing the thoghts out of her mind, she tried to focus on the task atr hand. Finding out what the hell was going on.

She greets Erika and Miss Scotts with a smile but gives Jayant a curious look.

Meeting of the Minds Bellabanner

Ishani enters the meeting looking a bit lost, but she gives everyone a tentative smile and looks around for a seat.

Meeting of the Minds Ishanibanner2

Zen comes in the door looking depressed and very upset. She doesn't really acknowledge anyone as she enters.

Meeting of the Minds Zenbanner
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:49 pm

Ace arrives a moment later, making a beeline for Zen.

"Zen... You okay?" he breathes, he nods to the others.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:01 pm

Erika looks to Mrs. Scotts 'That's all but two..' and shakes her head, still watching the door. "If everyone will take a seat, we'll get started shortly, and everything will be explained."
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by shouldabeenadog Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:17 pm

"Eva Carino and Charuntrah Sastra remain. I sent texts to both of them, thankfully the harpies provide such details on a regular basis. And to answer your earlier question Erika, I see your wisdom, for none that I can think of. Consider the former option done."

"Mr. Nagaraj, after this meeting I have a business deal for you." She sits down, and stares at the door. She seems calm and collected.
shouldabeenadog
shouldabeenadog

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:29 pm

Eva rushes in, looking dark and depressed as usual, pale still from the horrible feeling that passed over the city.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:52 pm

Erika taps her foot, still watching the door. "We'll start in about ten minutes. Does anyone know where Char is?"
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by shouldabeenadog Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:57 pm

Mrs. Scotts stops herself before giving the answer on everyone's minds. Instead she focuses on the new arrivals.
She calls them in order of arrival "Mr. Nagraj, Miss Zen, Miss Carino. I am Mrs. Scotts, Whip of the clan. Thank you all for responding so promptly to my message. If you have any other means of contacting you, I would greatly appreciate having them, so that we avoid any similar.." She looks to the door "incidents."
shouldabeenadog
shouldabeenadog

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:00 pm

Char scampers through the door slightly out of breath. She had been in the middle of something when she had received the text.

"Please excuse me for being so late." She bows her head graciously to the rest of her clan mates and finds somewhere to stand.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:04 pm

"Very good then." She walks back behind the table, and looks out across the group, "As some of you have already heard, the City has had an upheaval. Prince Frederick, Harpy Karsh, Hound Davis, and unfortunately, our Priscus Icarus, have been destroyed by an enemy unknown to us at this time."

She watches the faces in the crowd, and then continues on, "Shadow has taken on the mantle of leadership, and has appointed myself as Seneschal. In the more immediate nature, before we can allow ourselves to mourn, there is an important matter that must be dealt with."

She turns to Mrs. Scotts and waits.
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by shouldabeenadog Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:10 pm

Mrs. Scotts is calm, but her voice is more somber, and lacking some of the primness that it has had in the past.
"With the death of Icrarus, we are without a Priscus. It is imperative that we leave this meeting with a Priscus who would lead our clan out of these horrid times. One who already holds much power in the city, enough to insulate us from whatever forces are aligned. It is because of this that I nominate Erika Brady to be our Priscus. She has demonstrated strength of moral character and a proper mekeht understanding, as evidenced by her recent actions, most notably in dealing with those who killed one of our own, the late Hierophant Emma. I urge those who support me to support me in this regard as well, and let us have a Priscus who has our full support."
shouldabeenadog
shouldabeenadog

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:13 pm

Ace rises.

"I nominate Ishani. She is an absolutely fantastic Sherrif, and has the ear of the Prince as well to speak in the best interest of our clan. She near single handedly took down Gabriel Marcus, and is on no one's shit list. Everyone likes her, she's fair, and damn good at her job." he then sits.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:27 pm

Char didn't know Erica very well, but she did somewhat know and respect Mrs. Scotts to a degree. Scotts did keep her informed...though was not so accommodating when it came to spiraling into dust. On the other hand, Ishani was the Sheriff, though she hardly gave Char the time of night. She will probably turn out to be the new Prince anyway. But…that could make her clan pretty darn influential in the city. Hmmm....

Char looks around to see if anyone else if going to be nominated before making her final decision.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:19 pm

Then again, Shadow will probably keep the position as Prince. What to do????
Oh...what the heck!

"I will put forth my vote for Erica. From what I have heard, she assisted me in my time of great need, as well as some others in this room. I have fought beside her and I feel that she would be there for every one of us if we had need of her."

She looks over to Ishani bowing her head in true respect.

"I have complete faith that you too would have done an excellent job as our Priscus. However, I do not know you very well, and must go with what I am familiar with. I am truly sorry."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:20 pm

Ace looks a bit upset at that, not wanting Erika as Priscus by any means, thinking Ishani is more level headed.

He looks at Zen.

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:36 am

Jayant Nagaraj sits and observes the meeting with an open mind and a quiet tongue.

Politics, he sighs, internally.
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:15 am

Eva looks up with that perpetually deep expression and smiles at Ishani.

"I will cast my lot with Ishani... She has helped me in more ways than I can name since I arrived here, and all of us should strive to be more like her. I am confident that she will represent us perfectly." she murmurs, then smiles over at Jayant, glad to see he is still living, having remembered notcing him at Court.

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:27 am

Catching his eye, Jayant nods and smiles back to her. However, this meeting was of least import to him and his mind keeps wondering back to his comrade, Sunshine, and the fates of Hierophant Paresh, Mako and his little friend, Valencia.

If anything happens to V... he thinks, steeling himself suddenly.
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by West Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:50 pm

Ishani smiles at Char. "I understand how you feel Char, no offense has been taken. And I appreciate that you have thought of me, but as Sheriff I do not have the time for politics, especially not now. We need someone who has their head in the game and that would be Erika. I have full confidence that she will do the job well"

Bella shrugs. "I did my job. I don't want to do the Priscus job. I don't care who has it as long as it isn't me. So, I'll stand by Erika. She's the Seneschal and has to meet new kindred anyway, she already has the Prince's ear. We have a Sheriff and a Seneschal in this clan. That's not a bad deal already, so why argue."

Zen shakes her head at Ace. "I just can't believe he's gone. Just like that."

She listens to them all talk around her and does not cast a vote. She doesn't care at this point. Icarus is gone, he was the only leader she respected.
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:08 pm

"I know... Zen...Please come back to the Haven to night? I... I want to know where you are, when you didnt text me back it scared the hell out of me." he murmurs.

He grimaces as Ish throws down his and Eva's bid for her, absolutely positively not wanting the little power play of Mrs. Scotts and Erika Brady ruling his clan.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:15 pm

Erika nods her head at Ishani and Bella's votes, then looks to Zen and Jayant. "Would either of you like to have your say? This is a matter that affects our entire clan."
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:34 pm

Jayant looks to Miss Brady and shrugs.

"I apologise for my still tongue, Miss Brady, but my mind is currently preoccupied. I understand the need for the Clan to have its leader and guide, but I have been in this city only a short while. Until I learn more, I feel that my vote, in any direction, would be both fruitless and naive." He bows his head to her and extends his arms wide in a gesture of peace and respect.

"Clan Mekhet will survive, as it always has, from the shadows where it can survey all. I feel I am just not informed enough to cast a vote at this meeting."
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:36 pm

Goddammit. I cant let her win, but she's already won. Fuck.

Ace grimaces, looking very displeased with this meeting but keeping his mouth shut, knowing Icarus isnt here to save his ass anymore.

Back to top Go down

Post by West Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:45 pm

Zen nods to Erika. "You have my vote Seneschal." She knows Erika will understand why she supports her. She just hopes Erika remembers her contract.
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:07 pm

Ace

"Guess thats that then." Ace says.

Eva

Eva just nods, not powerful enough in the city to have a say at anything.

Back to top Go down

Post by shouldabeenadog Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:13 pm

"Then as Whip, I declare all the votes counted, and the Priscus of the Mekhet Clan is Miss Erica Brady. I will send this information to the Prince. Does anyone have any business they would like to discuss now that concerns the clan?"
shouldabeenadog
shouldabeenadog

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:23 pm

Jayant shakes his head towards Mrs. Scotts and waits for the private meeting she mentioned to him when he arrived.
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:36 pm

Erika straightens out, "I have only two things to say before any other business is put before us. First, the covenants will also be holding meetings very soon. Make sure to be there." She then inclines her head to Ishani, "Second, the entire city is being gathered to discover what has caused such an upheaval. Be careful, do not go anywhere alone. If you find or see anything strange, then come to either the Sheriff, the new Hound, Elle, or myself."
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:47 pm

Ace looks up.

Was his computer still there? Maybe Zen and I can take a look at it, see if there is any imperative information in there?

Back to top Go down

Post by shouldabeenadog Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:15 pm

Mrs. Scotts points to the remains of the laptop thats on the table. "I don't know much about computers, but that was the largest piece I found. The spirit read on it showed Icarus going about his day when suddenly everything went dark, and then pain. As for his mainframe, I did not check on it; however, the place was very badly damaged by the attacker or attackers."
shouldabeenadog
shouldabeenadog

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:21 pm

"May Zen and I take it to examine it?" he asks politely.

Back to top Go down

Post by shouldabeenadog Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:43 pm

Mrs. Scotts turns to Erika, her eyes funneling the question towards her.
shouldabeenadog
shouldabeenadog

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:47 pm

"Of course. You may also go through Icarus' hotel room. Perhaps there is some clue that might have been missed."
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:10 pm

"Thank you, if there's nothing else I think we will run and do that before anything changes. Zen? You want to go with me?" he asks.

Back to top Go down

Post by West Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:12 pm

Ishani stands. "I have no further business to bring forth and I must go. I hope to see you all soon. Be safe." She leaves the bookstore.

Zen shrugs and looks to Erika and Miss Scotts. "It is worth a try. Ace and I will let you know if we find anything."
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:15 pm

Ace gathers up the laptop, and nods to Zen.

"We will get to work, thanks," he murmurs rising to leave.

Back to top Go down

Post by West Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:24 pm

Zen follows Ace out the door, waving her good-byes.
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:28 pm

Jayant stands respectfully as his fellow clan mates leave the meeting, and waits in the darkest part of the bookstore to be addressed by either his Whip or Priscus.
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by shouldabeenadog Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:53 pm

"Thank you for waiting Mr. Nagaraj. Now, I've seen many fighters in my nights, and you certainly qualify as one of them. I'm a dealer by trade, focusing in firearms, but occasionallly other gear. I want you to know that if you need any arms or armor that I can help you with that. And since you are family, there will of course be a discounted, negotiable price."
shouldabeenadog
shouldabeenadog

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:57 pm

Jayant bows to his Whip with his hands open as a gesture of trust.

"Thank you, Madame Whip, I appreciate your offer and would wish to extend my own to your service if you ever require it."
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:38 pm

Char stands and walks out of the door quietly. Too many strange things have been going on in this city. And who has ever heard of the Prince of a city being assassinated.

There must be people on the inside helping out. There has got to be. Who to trust?

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:54 pm

Erika watches everyone file out, then turns to Mrs. Scotts, "Let's hope the other clans have as little trouble in their meetings. Thank goodness nothing happened to Asa..the Ventrue would never decide on a new leader."

She then looks around, "Should we head back to the Chapter House? I believe there are two new vampires that need my attention, and I'd much prefer to not leave alone."
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by shouldabeenadog Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:20 am

"Of Course, Miss Priscus. By all means."
shouldabeenadog
shouldabeenadog

Back to top Go down

Post by West Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:28 am

Bella looks at Jayant with a frown. "What kind of Mekhet are you sir?"
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:39 am

Erika heads for the door, but stops momentarily and looks to Bella, "Consider this an impromptu Elysium for the moment. There are finished offices and storerooms in the back and on the second floor if needed."
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:00 am

Turning to Bella, Jayant replies "I am Khaibit, madame, and your good self?"
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by West Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:03 am

Bella nods to Erika. "Thank you Seneschal."

She quirks an eyebrow at Jayant. "Truly? Asp or Slave? I am Khaibit as well. Asp."
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next