Twilight Valley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Midnight Stroll

Go down

Midnight Stroll Empty Midnight Stroll

Post by Forn Clakes Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:43 pm

The night had only just began when Jayant decided he needed a few hours out of the confines of the temple. It was a hard choice, seeing as Valencia would be left alone. However, she had seemed content by playing with Mr. Stitches that she did not even seem to notice he was going for a stroll to clear his mind.

And to feed. Jayant had found a would be rapist holding his target down one of the many alleyways the city had to offer. His blood was enough to satisfy the Khaibit and he had left him with a warning; fear the shadows.

Wandering to the park, and deep in thought, Jayant's usually focused mind was awash with new questions that he seemed stumped to solve at this moment. The first was the question of Valencia and her current state of mind. The second was the tattered remains of the covenant. And the third was his place on the Prince's advisory council.

Taking a seat on a secluded bench under a copse of trees, Jayant pondered each of these questions in turn, hoping to find some guidance.
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Midnight Stroll Empty Re: Midnight Stroll

Post by Guest Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:58 pm

Eva happens to be walking while sketching, not bumping into things yet, but getting more immersed in her sketch as she walks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:02 pm

Deep in thought, Jayant stretches his legs out, and clips the heels of someone walking by.

Standing abruptly, he apologises and extends his hands to catch her just in case she fell.

"I'm terribly sorry, miss," not quite seing who it is.
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:05 pm

She stumbles.

"Oh! It's okay, Jayant right?" she smiles, putting her sketch pad in her bag.

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:09 pm

Jayant beams and respectfully removes his hands from her.

"Miss Corino! A pleasure," he bows. "I am terribly sorry about that, my mind was elsewhere. How are you this delicate night? Well, I hope." His English is fine and understandable yet traces of his native Nepalise still slip through.
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:23 pm

"Wonderful thank you, I wasn't paying attention either... Where is your little charge? Valencia was it?" she tilts her head, finding a seat on the bench beside him, her sad amber eyes piercing in the dim light.

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:26 pm

Sitting beside her, still at a respectful distance and hands resting palms down on his thighs, he replies.

"Ah, little Valencia is at the temple. I fear for her mind at this moment, she went through an ordeal by losing her coterie in one night's butchery. I must confess, I do feel as if I have been thrown into a pit of snakes without a charmer om hand," chuckling at his own rambling humour.
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:37 pm

She laughs, "so do I.... Maybe some art would help her? I have a brand new studio, you could bring her to paint and play perhaps?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:39 pm

Rising his thick eyebrows, Jayant asks, "You paint? I'm afraid that in all the time we've both been residents here, this is the first time we have actually conversed."
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:50 pm

"Yes I'm an artist by trade, Mrs. Scotts is my newest patron, she has given me an excellent space to work in that has plenty of room should Valencia or you like to come visit," she murmurs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:52 pm

Geturing his head to her and smlies broadly, the fellow Shadow replies by saying, "Thank you very kindly, it is an offer that Miss Valencia and I can not possibly refuse."
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:53 pm

"My home is just that way if you would like to see the paintings?" she offers, quite liking this kind Mekhet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:55 pm

"I would be honoured, Miss Corino, so long as I would not be intruding in any way."
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:00 pm

"No not at all, and its better not to walk alone in dangerous times," she smiles, leading the way through the other side of the park to her lovely town home.

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:01 pm

Jayant smiles and follows Eve just off of her left shoulder, a single step behind, his natural place when walking with anybody of import.
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:03 pm

"Silly you can walk beside me, I'm nothing special..." she smiles, letting him into the place that is packed with her art.

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:05 pm

"You're most kind, Miss Corino. However, I have been at this place for seven years and it is hard to step forward just yet." He smiles as he enters her home, still following her.

It is hard to break some habits, he ponders.
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:06 pm

"I am working on a new show to be held at Mrs. Scotts warehouse, a focus on skeletons..." she smiles.

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:08 pm

"That is most intriguing. I must confess, my knowledge on such arts is rather limited. Would it be a hinderance if I may indulge in some of your pieces?"
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:18 pm

"No of course, please, go ahead, art is my life its really all I have to talk about," she smiles.

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:20 pm

Jayant grins as he wanders through to her gallery, viewing the different paintings and sculptures, nodding as he goes, completely at a loss at what he is actually seeing.
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:33 pm

"You can ask about any of them, I know they are very dark, here, this room is all based on Mekhet powers..." she leads him into a smaller room.

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:35 pm

Jayant goes through to the Mekhet room and takes in the artwork with his dark eyes, trying to capture the essence of each piece.
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:48 pm

"This one is like our Auspex you see, she has departed from her body and is lurking?" she says, standing close.

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:51 pm

Realization hits Jayant like a brick to the face and he smiles, "Ah, yes, I see it now." Turning to another, he tries to interpret it himself.

"Let me see....nothingness....empty hands.....shadows.....Obfuscate, by any chance?"
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:53 pm

"Very good," she smiles widely, happy that he can see it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:54 pm

"Your praise touches me, Miss Corino, thank you. Have you always painted?"
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:03 pm

"No... Just in the last hundred years or so," she smiles, "do you think Valencia would enjoy painting as some kind of release for her troubled mind?" she asks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:06 pm

Jayant sighs and looks to the floor before replying, a cloud forming over his thoughts.

"I honestly cannot say, Miss Corino. Her ordeal took its toll. The truth is I do not know her well enough myself to understand how this is affecting her. Nevertheless, I owe it to Master Paresh to protect her and help her through this now. I shall indeed ask her if she would like to come and indulge in some playtime. Maybe, it may help the both of us."
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:12 pm

She smiles reassuringly.

"Painting helps anyone, even thoughs who dont know how, you should try it... How about two nights from now? I should have all my supplies ready and she can either just watch and enjoy being in a new place, or she can paint, you can do the same mm?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:15 pm

Jayant bows once more, bringing his hands to his chest and placing the palms flat together.

"Many thanks to you. I shall inform Miss Valencia. I am certain it will be a pleasure."
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:17 pm

"Do you want me to call you a cab? It's really not safe to be out alone at night these days..." she says, smiling at him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:19 pm

"It will be fine, I'm sure. If its my time, then its my time," he remarks with a shrug. Bowing once more, Jayant says, "Thank you, once more, Miss Corino. You're a talented individual and Valencia and I will see you soon."
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:21 pm

"I'll be very glad to see you," she smiles widely and lets him out of her Haven, really starting to fall in love with the city, where she has friends and people who appreciate her art.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down