Twilight Valley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Avalon (ATTN: Henry)

Go down

Avalon (ATTN: Henry) Empty Avalon (ATTN: Henry)

Post by Guest Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:12 pm

Zilker had arrived in five minutes, and took a seat at the bar, waiting to see who would take the designated table.

Active Spells, all Cloaked:
Supernal Vision, Transform Aura (Sleeper), Misdirection, Aura Perception

Avalon (ATTN: Henry) Zilkerbanner

Back to top Go down

Avalon (ATTN: Henry) Empty Re: Avalon (ATTN: Henry)

Post by ParanoidAndroid Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:24 pm

Henry arrives after eight and a half minutes. After stamping out his cigarette on the sidewalk, he walks into the bar, and goes to the bartender, asking for a pitcher of water, and a bottle of beer. Once he has both, he heads to a table on the left-hand side, puts the pitcher well in view, to make the signal clear to the Epopt he expects, and uncaps the beer. He immediately takes a small swig, and waits for his rendez-vous, all the while nursing his drink.
ParanoidAndroid
ParanoidAndroid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:15 pm

Zilker took his beer from the bar and approached the table and sat. "I'm Zilker," he said with an almost questioning tone.

Back to top Go down

Post by ParanoidAndroid Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:39 pm

Henry looks at the man, and answers with little emotion or inflection. "Henry. It's a pleasure, Zilker." Although his voice makes it sound like as much of a pleasure as vacuuming.

He takes a look around, to make sure noone is within easy earshot. "The FCC bigwigs have asked me to take a look at the sheer vulgarity on display in this city. I thought it'd be polite to introduce myself first." The first part is, of course, Guardian double-talk, which amounts to 'magisters have asked me to look into the vulgar magic', while the second part is merely half-truth.
ParanoidAndroid
ParanoidAndroid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:32 am

"That would definitely be polite," Zilker answered, "Considering this city has been granted independent status, and anyone looking into things are wholly under my authority."

Back to top Go down

Post by ParanoidAndroid Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:26 am

Henry answers with a meaningful circular wave in the air, indicating the surrounding sleepers. "Exact titles are best left for other venues. Suffice it to say I've lived in half a dozen hierarchies in the country, and seen a lot. If you need to reach me, use the south-west corner of Pi'th and L street." An old dead drop system, cracked by orders in a few consiliums, but simple enough to be effective.

Henry takes a swig of his beer before continuing. "Consider me introduced. On to business : I spotted a lazy on the way here that needs to be introduced to stone walls. There someone around here to slip him into the system?"
ParanoidAndroid
ParanoidAndroid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:08 am

"What information have you gathered on him?" Zilker asked.

Apparently someone had never told this man that World War II was over.

Back to top Go down

Post by ParanoidAndroid Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:31 pm

WW2 is over? Pff, next you'll be telling him Santa's workshop isn't a secret Soviet nuke launching site. Which it totally is. Guy dresses in red and has a bunch of lowly, identical workers in his shop, it's not hard to put two and two together.

"Name's Ryan. A kid, Sac U student. Got a few books in the mail, with a weird note signed 'H'. Leather bound, with a lock drawn on one of the covers. A Mysteriumous lock." The 'um' is pronounced quicly, to make the word sound entirely innocent. Henry takes another swig before going on. "Been nosing around ever since, and some of the sources he drew up might actually be half-decent. Someone tried to drill bullets into him, probably because of the tomes. Someone that aimed too well, and ran too fast. Last I saw the kid, he was headed downtown to meet some woman, Tyria Primoria."
ParanoidAndroid
ParanoidAndroid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:13 pm

"Tyria's the Curator of the Museum of Anthropology and Antiquities," Zilker answered. "I'm sure she'll figure out the books. Why don't you keep an eye on young Ryan?

Back to top Go down

Post by ParanoidAndroid Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:49 pm

"Sure, why not." Henry shrugs. "You know the corn maze around here better than I do, though. If the kid keeps digging around, he'll either need to get some convincing answers, or I'll have to make him stop asking questions." The implications of that last are less than pleasant. "I assume the curator's smart enough to keep her mouth shut?"
ParanoidAndroid
ParanoidAndroid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:20 pm

"I'm sure Tyria has a fair grasp of the concept of discretion," Zilker answered with an amused smile. Tyria was going to love hearing about that question.

"So, I'll just put you on the job board as occupied with Ryan?" Zilker asked.

Back to top Go down

Post by ParanoidAndroid Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:43 pm

"Sounds dandy to me," is Henry's straight to the point but oh so archaic answer. "He'll never even know I'm there. If he gets shot at again, any Arrows owe us favors?"
ParanoidAndroid
ParanoidAndroid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:14 pm

"Not really," Zilker mused. "There are, however, a pair of Sentinels in the city. A lot will depend on who or what is interested in this Ryan kid."

Back to top Go down

Post by ParanoidAndroid Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:58 pm

"Works for me. I'll get them a message through you. Any way to reach you aside from the phone?" That last word is said with something akin to disbelief, like it's something that's just not done.
ParanoidAndroid
ParanoidAndroid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:08 pm

Of course, if you have the ability, Zilker's voice whispers across Henry's inner thoughts.

"So, I'll see you around?" Zilker asks. "Make sure you attend the next Consilium gathering."

Back to top Go down

Post by ParanoidAndroid Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:04 pm

Spoiler:

'Old trick. Pi'th and L carries less risk.' is Henry's response in the same medium. Physically, he rolls his eyes, and says. "No worries, I'll be there. But if you see me around, then tell me, because I'm doing something wrong. You have my thanks for such a short notice meeting."
ParanoidAndroid
ParanoidAndroid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:31 pm

Henry's attempt to return the favor slams into a steel wall.

Spoiler:
Zilker gives a half smile, and tips his beer at Henry, before getting up and returning to the bar.

Back to top Go down

Post by ParanoidAndroid Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:17 pm

Henry shakes his head with a similar half-smile. "Show-off," he says as he gives a small salute with his beer bottle. Once he's done with he bottle, he drinks a glass worth of the water, and leaves the rest while he heads out the bar.
ParanoidAndroid
ParanoidAndroid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down