Twilight Valley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Back to the Museum (ATTN:Ghoster, Zero, Logos, & Guy)

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Back to the Museum (ATTN:Ghoster, Zero, Logos, & Guy) Empty Back to the Museum (ATTN:Ghoster, Zero, Logos, & Guy)

Post by Premsyl Sun May 03, 2009 2:40 pm

They find a corner store and buy Guy Park some threads before heading to Taco Bell and stuffing their faces. Afterwards, Ollie, Ghoster, Zero, Logos, and Guy make their way to the Museum of Anthropology and Antiquity.
Premsyl
Premsyl

Back to top Go down

Back to the Museum (ATTN:Ghoster, Zero, Logos, & Guy) Empty Re: Back to the Museum (ATTN:Ghoster, Zero, Logos, & Guy)

Post by Guest Sun May 03, 2009 2:51 pm

~~Narration~~

It's nearly closing time, and people are filtering out. The rent-a-cop gives the group a hard look, praying to himself that they won't keep him from going home on time.

The girl at the front desk is already furiously texting her friends about their plans for the evening.

Back to top Go down

Back to the Museum (ATTN:Ghoster, Zero, Logos, & Guy) Empty Re: Back to the Museum (ATTN:Ghoster, Zero, Logos, & Guy)

Post by Premsyl Sun May 03, 2009 3:02 pm

Ollie walks straight up to the front desk. He seems a little on edge.

"Can you let Dr. Primoria know that Ollie and..." he takes a look back at the diverse group following him, then looks back to the receptionist. "Just say Ollie and friends. For Dr. Primoria."
Premsyl
Premsyl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sciurrus Sun May 03, 2009 4:47 pm

Guy walked into the museum nervous as hell. Having his most pressing concerns of food and clothing met had given him a chance to think. He was pretty sure that the new friends knew something about him that they weren't telling him. Maybe not about his amnesia but they knew something. Why where they going to see someone from a museum? How would this person be able to help him.

Guys mind was racing in a thousand different directions. To much was happening to fast and he need time to sit down and organize his thoughts. Hopefully this Dr. Primoria would be able to help bring a little order to the chaos in his mind.
Sciurrus
Sciurrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelreth Sun May 03, 2009 7:19 pm

Logos walks into museum and stops. His gaze jumps rapidly from each thing that he could see and then to the signs indicating where the exhibits are. He grins, happy to find such a place of knowledge already in this city. He was curious as well as to who this Doctor was but his curiosity was overruled by his urge to absorb what he can see.
Kelreth
Kelreth

Back to top Go down

Post by Fractured Sun May 03, 2009 7:42 pm

Just be cool. I'm a mage, goddammit, I can be cool. Be smooth.

Ghoster concentrated on breathing, trying to quell the nervousness he felt at meeting Tyria again. He stares blankly at the wall.
Fractured
Fractured

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 04, 2009 3:31 pm

After a brief discussion on the phone, the receptionist leads you to Tyria's office. Somewhere along the way, some of you may notice that Zero has wandered off and does not join the group going to the office.

Tyria looks up from her desk, smiling pleasantly until the receptionist has left. Her hair is still done in twist, held in place by a ponytail, and her eyebrow arches as she takes in the group.

"Well, this is unexpected," she addresses Ollie. "If you really need somewhere to take your friends to show them a good time, I've heard that Club Ember is quite exotic."

Back to the Museum (ATTN:Ghoster, Zero, Logos, & Guy) Tyriabanner

Back to top Go down

Post by Premsyl Mon May 04, 2009 4:07 pm

Ollie walks in and stands before Tyria's a desk. A smile twitches onto his face while she's speaking, but he manages to stifle it by the time she's finished. "Thank you for the recommendation, Dr. Primoria, and I'm sorry for my unexpected arrival. First let me say that I'm sorry for the awkward phone call earlier, since then I've gotten my shi-... my thoughts together" He gestures to Guy "This is the guy I told you about. He's forgotten everything about himself, including the fact that he's Awakened. When we talked I hadn't quite figured that out yet or I'd have told you then. Oh, and uh.." he gestures to Logos "This is Logos. We kind of bumped into each other out in the park. He's new in town."

Tyria's eyes bore into him as he speaks, and he doesn't know what to expect from all this. He wishes he could be off skating, anywhere but here making a fool of himself. He decides he probably should just stop talking.

"Anyway, yeah.. I didn't know what to do so I brought em here."
Premsyl
Premsyl

Back to top Go down

Post by Fractured Mon May 04, 2009 4:12 pm

"Hello, Tyria," Ghoster says confidently, with perhaps a bit too much volume. He's been practicing conversation in his head again, and it shows.
Fractured
Fractured

Back to top Go down

Post by Sciurrus Mon May 04, 2009 5:00 pm

There was that term again. Guys patience was wearing thin and he was hoping that someone would start explaining things soon. However first impressions are important and seeing as this was the first person he had meet while wearing pants he wanted to make a good one with her. "Pleasure to make your acquaintance Dr. Primoria" Guy says with an awkward nod "and i am sorry for any inconvenience I may be imposing."
Sciurrus
Sciurrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelreth Mon May 04, 2009 5:42 pm

Logos nods. "Hello Dr. Primoria"
Kelreth
Kelreth

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 04, 2009 5:48 pm

"Ghoster," Tyria sighed, "As much as I know you wish we were intimate, we're not." She reached forward and rocked the nameplate on her desk. "Therefore, please call me Dr. Primoria. It's in the building directory, it's on the door, it's on my desk, and all of those are for a reason -- because I prefer it."

"Hello, Logos," she nodded, and turned back to Ollie. "So you've brought me your amnesiac because he's Awake? Does he know that?" Brushing a stray lock of hair back behind her ear, she turned and studied Guy.

(( Guy Park rolls Resolve + Gnosis please ))

Last edited by West on Mon May 04, 2009 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Sciurrus Mon May 04, 2009 5:56 pm

Spoiler:
Sciurrus
Sciurrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 04, 2009 5:57 pm

(( Everyone can post as normal ))

Back to top Go down

Post by Fractured Mon May 04, 2009 6:05 pm

Ghoster looks at his shoes while mumbling another yet another apology to Dr. Primoria.

"Idiot," Ghoster's inner critic remarked dully. Shut up, Ghoster shot back, still staring at the floor.
Fractured
Fractured

Back to top Go down

Post by Sciurrus Mon May 04, 2009 6:09 pm

Guy looks at Dr. Primoria apologetically "I'm sorry but could you please explain to me what you mean by Awake?"
Sciurrus
Sciurrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Premsyl Mon May 04, 2009 8:34 pm

Ollie opens his mouth to open Tyria's question just as Guy speaks up and answers the question for him. Still, he responds anyway. "No, Dr. Primoria. He doesn't seem to know."
Premsyl
Premsyl

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelreth Mon May 04, 2009 8:39 pm

Logos looks over to Guy. ~doesn't know hes Awake...how do you not know...~ Outwardly he remains quiet.
Kelreth
Kelreth

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 04, 2009 10:22 pm

Tyria finished looking at Guy, her eyes seeming to see into his mind. She began to turn back to Ollie, then smiled slightly and looked at Ghoster. "Ghoster, why don't you show me that you actually have some manners and answer his question?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Fractured Tue May 05, 2009 12:31 am

Ghoster smiles and nods eagerly at Tyria, then turns to Guy. Not being an eloquent speaker himself, he relies on what his teacher told him not so long ago.

"This world and every person and thing on it has been tricked into believing the Lie. Gravity is the Lie. Causation is the Lie. Time, Space, Life, Death, more, all Lies. To be Awake is to know the Truth." He smiles at Guy and continues, "Basically, though, it means you can do magic; the real thing, wizardry, you know? Back at the park, when I put my hand on you? That was a protection spell."

Ghoster looks back at Tyria hopefully.
Fractured
Fractured

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelreth Tue May 05, 2009 1:30 am

Logos's head shifts to the side slightly, indicating he would like to speak if able to.

(ooc: note to self for later: if i don't remember, he wants to offer to levitate an object to show Guy what Ghoster means)
Kelreth
Kelreth

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelreth Tue May 05, 2009 2:14 am

(I got the all clear from West)

Logos pulls his keys out of his pocket and puts them on the desk. "This will be a more straight forward example of what Ghoster is trying to say." Logos steps back from the desk and tries to cast a rote Telekinesis on his keys.

(Base 'dox dice 2 -1 for rote = 1 dice:05-05 01:07:30 Logos rolls 1 die to Key Telekinesis 'dox roll 1 success: 10,2)

He frowns as he feels the Abyss try to pull the spell away from him. He internalizes the paradox, making his noise bleed. (Backlash, 1 resistant bashing)

(Spell role, rote 9 dice pool - 1 for paradox = 8 dice:05-05 01:10:32 Logos rolls 8 dice to Key Telekinesis roll 1 success:6,8,1,6,1, 7,4,3)

The keys rise slowly off table and hover in the air. He looks to Guy, his right hand still extended mimicking holding the keys up. "This is what being Awakened means" He wipes the blood from his nose with his left hand "and that is backlash"
Kelreth
Kelreth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sciurrus Tue May 05, 2009 7:51 am

Guy looked at the keys hovering in the air. A part of him wanted to tell them all that they where all crazy. However he remembered the odd sixth sense that had flared up as Ghoster had put his hand on him. The same sixth sense that had just gone off as Logos had made the keys float. The more he thought about it the more he was sure that it was the truth.

"And I can do that?"
Sciurrus
Sciurrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 05, 2009 10:06 am

"Perhaps," Tyria said with a smile. "Or your gifts might be in other areas. Fortunately for you, Ollie has agreed to tutor you for as long as necessary, since he owes me a favor. You'll also have company, since I have another new arrival."

Her fingers rapid-fired a staccato on her keyboard as she finished speaking.

"Phrymides will be bringing Val over for you all to meet," she added.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelreth Tue May 05, 2009 11:00 am

Logos releases the spell on his keys and then pockets them.

"I realized half way through the rote that if you were a Veil this could have ended poorly." He shrugs though implying it was a necessary risk, to him at least.
Kelreth
Kelreth

Back to top Go down

Post by Premsyl Tue May 05, 2009 1:55 pm

"Agreed to? I-" he pauses in his speech.

Me? Teach someone about being Awakened? I've barely figured it out myself!

This is your chance. Get off the hook with Tyria and prove you got what it takes to help this poor guy. What if it were you in his shoes?

He takes a deep breath, and says "Ok. Alright. No problem. I'll teach the Guy what's goin on."
Premsyl
Premsyl

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Tue May 05, 2009 2:01 pm

After a minute, Phrymides opens Tyria's door and peeks in. "Here she is Dr. Primoria! I just have a little more work to do on those arrowheads, the report will be on your desk in the morning." She opens the door to let the other girl in. She's tiny. She can't be more than five feet tall, and she looks like a slightly more grown up sixteen year old wearing a leather jacket and blue jeans. She looks around at the other people, gauged their reactions and just raised an eyebrow at them in response.
Benjamin
Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sciurrus Tue May 05, 2009 3:53 pm

While they had been at Taco Bell Guy had taken the time to fix his hair into short spikes. Which in his opinion complimented the green wifebeater and camo pants that he was sporting and while he wished that he had shoes instead of flipflops he wasn't going to complain give that the whole ensemble had been thrown together with price in mind and not fashion.

"Thanks Ollie. Looks like I am in your care" then shifting his gaze back to Dr. Primoria "Could my being Awakened have anything to do with my amnesia?

Just then the new girl came in. Guy guessed that he was about 4 maybe 5 years older than her and about 7 or 8 inches taller. "Hi I'm Guy. Looks like you and I are going to get to be study buddies." His voice filled with joking sarcasm.
Sciurrus
Sciurrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelreth Tue May 05, 2009 3:56 pm

Logos grins at Guy's comment.
Kelreth
Kelreth

Back to top Go down

Post by Premsyl Tue May 05, 2009 4:33 pm

Ollie looks over at the new arrival and smiles. He simply raises a hand in greeting.

"Hi."
Premsyl
Premsyl

Back to top Go down

Post by Fractured Tue May 05, 2009 4:49 pm

Ghoster, by contrast, looks the new arrival over and smiles. "Hey."
Fractured
Fractured

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelreth Tue May 05, 2009 5:28 pm

Logos looks at the newcomer. "Hey"
Kelreth
Kelreth

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Tue May 05, 2009 5:41 pm

Val looks the guy in goth clothes up and down in response before introducing herself. "So we're supposed to go by these shadow name things now, right? Then I guess I'm going with Valkyrie." She looks around the room. "Soooo, what do we do now? I'm fairly new at all this."
Benjamin
Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 05, 2009 8:10 pm

"Guy and Valkyrie," Tyria clarified for Ollie.

"Hello, again," she greeted Valkyrie. "This is Ollie, Ghoster, Logos, and... Guy," she said, pointing at each. "None of them have any manners, including the ability to introduce themselves, and Ghoster likes to ogle women," she summarized.

"However."

"They are all that I've got, unless you want to stay here with Phrymides and Starling -- but they both have other work that needs to be done," she finished, and gave Valkyrie and expectant look, waiting on her choice.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sciurrus Tue May 05, 2009 8:23 pm

"I'm sorry Valkyrie I seem to have forgotten my manners among other things. My name is Guy Park and I am in the same boat as you as far as being new at this.
Sciurrus
Sciurrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Premsyl Tue May 05, 2009 8:45 pm

"Good to meet you, Valkyrie. I'm Ollie." He puts a hand out. "If you want, I'll show you what all this magic stuff is about."
Premsyl
Premsyl

Back to top Go down

Post by Fractured Tue May 05, 2009 9:16 pm

"Oh, sorry," Ghoster says earnestly, his fair skin flaring red with embarrassment. "Nice to meet you, Valkyrie, I'm Ghoster. And I wasn't...um...uh...nevermind," he finishes weakly.
Fractured
Fractured

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Tue May 05, 2009 10:47 pm

"They are all that I've got, unless you want to stay here with Phrymides and Starling -- but they both have other work that needs to be done," she finished, and gave Valkyrie and expectant look, waiting on her choice.
Val smiles at the Doctor. "Of course. Having someone running around asking questions every five seconds won't help when you have work to do. I guess that since everything is so new that learning by doing would probably be better than pestering you."
"I'm sorry Valkyrie I seem to have forgotten my manners among other things. My name is Guy Park and I am in the same boat as you as far as being new at this.
"The last two days have been something alright. You hurt yourself somehow?"
"Good to meet you, Valkyrie. I'm Ollie." He puts a hand out. "If you want, I'll show you what all this magic stuff is about."
Val shakes Ollie's hand with a surprisingly firm grip "Glad to hear it."
"Oh, sorry," Ghoster says earnestly, his fair skin flaring red with embarrassment. "Nice to meet you, Valkyrie, I'm Ghoster. And I wasn't...um...uh...nevermind," he finishes weakly.
She smiles at Ghoster when he blushes. She mock whispers to him, "Don't worry, a little ogling never hurt anybody." She thinks it's adorable really.
Benjamin
Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 06, 2009 12:07 am

"Wonderful," Tyria says matter-of-factly. "Now that we have that settled, may I have my office back please? Guy, Valkyrie, if you have any questions about the Mysterium that Ollie can't answer, please feel free to come see me again."

Back to top Go down

Post by Premsyl Wed May 06, 2009 1:43 am

Ollie laughs "That means just about any question about the Mysterium. Nah, I'm just foolin. Right on, then. Let's get out of here. Goodnight, Dr. Primoria."

Ollie holds the office door open for Val and Guy, ushering them out of the office and finally out of the museum. Outside the museum he waits for Logos and Ghoster to come out for a quick word.
Premsyl
Premsyl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 06, 2009 1:49 am

Zero catches up to the group as they're leaving. "My bad dudes, that Taco Bell was hatin' on me. How'd it go? Who's the little hottie? I'm Zero," he says, directing the last bit at Valkyrie.

It's questionable whether or not Zero's speech uses sentence structure, or if it's one gigantic run-on.

Back to the Museum (ATTN:Ghoster, Zero, Logos, & Guy) Zerobanner

Back to top Go down

Post by Premsyl Wed May 06, 2009 2:01 am

Ollie shrugs. "She was all - Where's Zero? Didn't I send him with you? Where is he? He's in trouble now!"
Premsyl
Premsyl

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelreth Wed May 06, 2009 4:01 am

Logos walks out of the room and follows Ollie. Not really knowing what is going on he is going with things. He turns to Valkyrie. "I'm Logos, nice to meet you"
Kelreth
Kelreth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sciurrus Wed May 06, 2009 9:35 am

Guy had about a million and one questions already stored up for Ollie. However knowing that Ollie blindsided into this whole teaching thing he figured it would be best to save those until tomorrow. There was one question though that had to be answered tonight. "Hay Ollie, would it be cool if I crashed on your couch or something until I get myself on my feet."
Sciurrus
Sciurrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Fractured Wed May 06, 2009 10:51 am

Ghoster follows the others out of Tyria's...er, Dr. Primoria's office, he corrected himself. He knows they need to continue their search for the killer in the park, but waits for Ollie to straighten things out with his new charges before pressing him.

He looks over at Logos, raises his eyebrow, and smiles crookedly. "Jeez, dude, I hope you're not usually so casual with Harsh spells. Backlash sucks." He chuckles.
Fractured
Fractured

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelreth Wed May 06, 2009 1:33 pm

Logos grins. "Not normally, I don't like doing those things unless I have to. It seemed the best way at the time, we could talk to him about it forever and he might not think its true. Show him something blatantly magical and it will make him think." He laughs. "But ya, backlash sucks." He looks back at the museum. "So uh who was that..."
Kelreth
Kelreth

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Wed May 06, 2009 1:38 pm

Val looks up at Zero, and the room seems to get ten degrees colder. "I can see that." She shows him her teeth in something that might be mistaken as a smile, "I'm going by Valkyrie nowadays."

She turns to Logos, and the room resumes it's normal temperature. "Call me Val." Then she looks towards Ollie. "So, is there some kind of fancy name I have to call you, since you're in charge right now? And how are we going to do this anyway? I've arranged a few days off from work, but I can't just disappear on everybody."
Benjamin
Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 06, 2009 5:41 pm

Zero nodded to Valkyrie and turned back to listen to whatever it was about getting Vulgar in front of Tyria. Valkyrie might get the impression he's either oblivious, or very used to saying offensive things.

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Wed May 06, 2009 6:06 pm

Valkyrie gets the impression that he's a lot like her brothers. Sometimes they need a slap upside the head to remember what manners are and how to use them.
Benjamin
Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by Premsyl Wed May 06, 2009 6:27 pm

To Guy's request to shack up on his couch "Yeah, man. No problem."

Ollie laughs at Val's mention of special titles. "Hell no! God. Just call me Ollie. I'll spend most of the days you got off work answering your questions and teaching you what I can. Then on your work days you go to work. If you ever got a question you can call me or come to my apartment. If I'm not there I'll probably be at one the skateparks, though I've got a feeling I won't have much time for that for a while."

He turns to Ghoster "We are gonna get back into the park looking for that thing, man. I'll call you about that soon. In the meantime maybe you can check up into some of these kids disappearing around town, people getting murdered. You've seen the headlines, yeah? I think it's all connected, maybe the same guy. I don't want to think about there being more than just the one guy. See if Logos wants to help out."

Looking to Zero "I'll call you, too, if I'm thinking about going back to the park. Who knows, maybe you'll feel like coming out."

Back to Guy and Val "Come on. I'll show you where my place is at and we can talk on the way. You still got questions, right?"
Premsyl
Premsyl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next