Twilight Valley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dead Man's Phone (Call to Ghoster, Attn: Val, Ollie, or Orphan)

2 posters

Go down

Dead Man's Phone (Call to Ghoster, Attn: Val, Ollie, or Orphan) Empty Dead Man''s Phone (Call to Ghoster, Attn: Val, Ollie, or Orphan)

Post by Fractured Mon May 18, 2009 5:58 pm

"Pick up, Arthur. Pick up, Arthur," Finn says evenly in between rings. There's no need to panic. Yet.

"Pick up, Arthur."
Fractured
Fractured

Back to top Go down

Dead Man's Phone (Call to Ghoster, Attn: Val, Ollie, or Orphan) Empty Re: Dead Man's Phone (Call to Ghoster, Attn: Val, Ollie, or Orphan)

Post by Benjamin Mon May 18, 2009 6:46 pm

Someone answers the phone. She sounds tired, and like she's been crying.

"Hello?"
Benjamin
Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Dead Man's Phone (Call to Ghoster, Attn: Val, Ollie, or Orphan) Empty Re: Dead Man's Phone (Call to Ghoster, Attn: Val, Ollie, or Orphan)

Post by Fractured Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm

Finn's heart sinks deep into his stomach when he hears the grief and exhaustion in the voice of the young woman who answered Ghoster's phone. It takes him a moment to answer back.

"Hello? I'm looking for Ar- Ghoster. Who is this?"
Fractured
Fractured

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Mon May 18, 2009 7:29 pm

Fuck. Paramedics never have to talk to family.

"Uh, I go by Valkyrie." He knows him as Ghoster, so...

"Do you mind if I ask how you," slight pause, "know him?"
Benjamin
Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fractured Mon May 18, 2009 7:50 pm

Finn didn't like her answer at all. She had obviously just given him her Shadow name, so he knew he was speaking with a young magi. He pushed the receiver closer to his lips and spoke in a soft, raspy voice.

"Thank you, Valkyrie. My name is Finn. Ghoster is my apprentice, you understand? Has something happened to him?"
Fractured
Fractured

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Mon May 18, 2009 8:19 pm

"... Yes."

Where to begin?

"This is like my second day with all this, and I was with some others getting some things explained when he called one of the others. He had been exploring a local park for something, nobody ever told me what, but someone was attacking him and Logos. The one he called tried to go off on his own, but the rest of us made him go with us, since we had a car. When we got there, they were trapped in a skate park, surrounded by zombies. They tried fighting them off, but after they got Logos, we tried to run. Then they got Guy, and then they almost got Ghoster. He was bleeding out, but I was able to get him dragged back to the car, and I tried to get away. But i was raining, and my tires were gone and I'm all cut up and the car spun out before I could get to a hospital. I tried to stabilize him, but I wasn't fast enough."

"I'm sorry."
Benjamin
Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fractured Mon May 18, 2009 9:10 pm

The old man listened to Val's recount wordlessly. He felt a torrent of emotion surging through him, but he didn't want to subject this poor girl to any further grief tonight.

"Young lady, listen to me. This is not your fault. Ghoster is...was...like a son to me. But, honestly, the boy's heart was bigger than his brain, you understand? He had to sink or swim..."his voice trails off, but picks back up momentarily. "I'm sure you did everything you could. Now. You're hurt. Get yourself taken care of. When you talk to the Guardians about this, give them Ghoster's phone. Tell them I'll be calling."
Fractured
Fractured

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Mon May 18, 2009 10:04 pm

"Thanks." At the mention of Guardians, she remembers what Zilker said about her things. "I didn't know who some of the contacts on Ghoster's phone were, but I put them on mine. If I hear about anything else, I'll let you know. I've... got to get my things out before they get here though."
Benjamin
Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fractured Mon May 18, 2009 10:11 pm

"Sure. I'll be in town day after tomorrow to make the proper arrangements. Please give me a call." Finn hangs up, shaken to the core. Where did I go wrong?
Fractured
Fractured

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down