Twilight Valley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In the Garden (ATTN: Auvrey)

Go down

In the Garden (ATTN: Auvrey) Empty In the Garden (ATTN: Auvrey)

Post by West Sun May 10, 2009 2:32 am

Shadow makes her way to the back of the church, finding the secluded garden there. It was a place for quiet reflection and meditation and Shadow had used it on a number of occasions to collect her thoughts.

She found the wooden bench swing and sat down, swinging back and forth slightly, waiting for Auvrey, if he'd decided to follow her.

In the Garden (ATTN: Auvrey) Shadowbanner
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

In the Garden (ATTN: Auvrey) Empty Re: In the Garden (ATTN: Auvrey)

Post by Guest Sun May 10, 2009 2:37 am

"It's Mr. Feiran if you want to be formal," Auvrey said, walking up.

"And I'll be lucky if the Seneschal doesn't run me out of the city tomorrow night," he added, stamping his cane in the dirt for emphasis.

In the Garden (ATTN: Auvrey) Auvreybanner

Back to top Go down

Post by West Sun May 10, 2009 2:46 am

"Really?" Shadow asks curiosly. "What do you plan on doing tonight to get thrown out tomorrow?"

She gestures for him to have a seat next to her. "Or there is another bench over there if it's too cold for you."
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 10, 2009 2:53 am

Auvrey sighed, as he activated his Blood's ability to protect himself, and those he was with.

Was she that naive? Or had the art gallery incident been a one-off?

Sitting next to her, he decided to find out. "I had assumed by the... display... at the art gallery, that you and she were... intimate," he said.

He could feel the chill again, and wondered if he should have sat on the other side to equalize it.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by West Sun May 10, 2009 3:00 am

Shadow shrugs. "I don't know if we are or not, really. That was Rahyna's first display of any kind of affection since I have known her. She is usually very reserved about her smotions. Burned one too many times or something I suppose. But, we have not had the chance to discuss the peramteres of that.........part of our friendship yet. I am really not sure what it is she wants from me."

She looks at him curiosly. "I can see how you could look at it that way though. But, if you are asking if we are like Ishani and the Prince, then the answer is no. Why? Do you think Rahyna would be upset because you're talking to me?"
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 10, 2009 3:07 am

"It sounds as if you are within a chrysalis, of sorts," Auvrey said, turning towards her, and dropping the pretense he had maintained within the church. He had felt the strength of his Refuge, and doubted and of his cousins could hear that far.

"Tell me, what is it that you want?" He was curious why she referred to the Sheriff and Prince. All he had seen at Court was him speaking, and her watching the room. She also referred to the Sheriff by name -- were they friends?

Back to top Go down

Post by West Sun May 10, 2009 3:13 am

Shadow looks at him confused. "I don't understand. What is it that I want in regards too..........my requiem? Position, title, relation ships? I mean, I could go on about what I want as far as everything in my existence goes, but somehow I get the feeling that is not what you are referring to."

Sitting this close, Auvrey can tell that Shadow does indeed breath. She also looks flush and alive, her pulse beating in her throat. Her breathing is a bit on the quick and shallow side at the moment however.
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 10, 2009 3:20 am

"No, no," Auvrey said, curious that the question almost flustered her.

"You spoke of what... Rahyna might want, from you," he clarified, slightly uncomfortable with using the Seneschal's name. "I was asking, what is it that you want? Will the 'parameters' of your friendship be defined by her desires?" he asked, echoing her words, and subtly goading her.

He watched the pulse in her throat, remembering her words about humanity and transcendence. It was an exquisite throat.

Back to top Go down

Post by West Sun May 10, 2009 3:25 am

Shadow thinks for a minute and then shakes her head. "I don't know. What I want, I mean. I do care a great deal for Rahyna, don't misunderstand. But I have not had occasion to experience..........intimacy with someone on that level before."

She smiles at Auvrey at the mention of their relationship being defined by what Rahyna wants. "I doubt Rahyna will let me get away with simply giving in to her wants if she thinks for a moment I do not feel the same. She has spent years trying to get me to be a stronger person, as far as my self worth and desires are."

She sighs and looks out at the garden. "I want someone to look at me the way Asa looks at Ishani." She says solftly.
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 10, 2009 3:36 am

"Is that what you want, really?" Auvrey asked.

"You are one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen; I'm sure most men would look at you any way you wanted them to," he said. "Moreso, if Rahyna truly cares for you, does she not look at you this way?"

He reached out again, cupping her cheek in his hand.

"Or do you want to look at someone that way, and have that look returned?" he asked.

Back to top Go down

Post by West Sun May 10, 2009 11:54 am

Shadow smiles sadly. "Yes, that is what I want. To be seen that way and to see someone else that way. Rahyna does care for me, a great deal and I care for her. I just do not know if I care for her the same. I can try to learn, I know, but I worry if that will change our relationship. I worry it will not be able to go back to the way it was if we take that step and it doesn't work."

She looks at Auvrey. "Beautiful I may be, but that only leaves the door open for men to be intimidated by me. They don't know what to say, or think it could never be possible for "someone like me" to want them. I know how hearts and minds work, Auvrey."
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 10, 2009 6:51 pm

Auvrey brought his hand back, thoughts whirling. He wasn't sure if he had ever met anyone that was so naive, yet wise. What would you would be if all you had done was watch other people? Was Shadow the answer?

"That's an interesting dilemma," he agreed. "Especially since we're so wonderful by nature." If she were challenging herself through humanity, had she never considered a mortal?

"You do realize, that the questions you have about Rahyna, you will have about anyone? I assume you referred to physical intimacy before," he stated, with the hint of a question.

Back to top Go down

Post by West Sun May 10, 2009 6:57 pm

Shadow shakes her head. "No, I wouldn't have the same questions. If I knew I loved someone, there wouldn't be any questions. I would know what I wanted or needed from them. As for intimacy...........I know nothing on the subject so I couldn't even begin to guess."

She sighs and straightens up. "I am sorry for dropping all of this in your lap. You don't even know me." She smiles. "Kind of odd for me to be talking about this with a near stranger."
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 10, 2009 9:12 pm

"Let me make sure I follow," Auvrey said, with a smile. "You say that there will be no questions when you know you love someone, but you don't know how to know you're in love -- from your words about Rahyna; unless you already know that you don't love her."

Auvrey watched her straighten, and listened.

"I don't mind at all, Lady, I am a Dragon Monk," he responded. "Even if one doesn't need a Confessor, I am happy to assist in an individual's change. Unless, I have been prying, and not helping?" he asked.

Back to top Go down

Post by West Sun May 10, 2009 9:25 pm

Shadow frowns. "No, you've been helping, but the way you make that sounds........it seems so much more complicated then it did in my head."

She looks at the garden for a few minutes, trying to collect her thoughts. "What I am trying to say is, I will know when I love someone. That will make the other questions moot. Won't it?"
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 10, 2009 9:34 pm

"It might," Auvrey nodded, with a serious expression.

"You said before that you don't agree with popular opinion among our kind about these emotions," he continued. "But aren't cliches usually grounded in fact? Perhaps the Prince and Sheriff are bonded by Blood?"

"I say these things, not to dissuade you, but out of curiosity," he added.

Back to top Go down

Post by West Sun May 10, 2009 9:53 pm

"Oh, that's not possible. " Shadow says, looking Auvrey in the eyes. She probably should not tell someone she doesn't know about Ishani's unique needs, but if he said anything to anyone else, she would know if he was trustworthy or not. And he'd said he was a Dragon Monk and could take confessions. Wasn't that a trustworthy position?

"Ishani canot drink blood like we do. It has to come from a dead vessel, not a living one. If her and Asa were to share blood, it could be very bad for Asa. And I don't think it would create a bond either because the vitae is just too different. So, that is why I believe love can actually happen among our kind. Unless there is some other kind of enchantment between them, but I have not seen any evidence of that either."
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 10, 2009 10:04 pm

Auvrey's eyebrows raised slightly as he listened. He had actually been curious as to whether or not she had found something in the libraries, but this sounded even more interesting than some written account on a century-old scroll.

"Have you asked them?" he asked, curious. It seemed as if she knew them well enough, given her use of their names. Of course, a former Prince probably could take small liberties.

"I just don't know what to say, honestly. This, hmmmm, ideal, that you would know, is... intimidating. Even the Kine, who are unquestionably filled with the passion of the living, seem to find this uncommon."

It had been a while since he had spoken to someone who made him examine his own beliefs, and opinions. That he enjoyed women, there was no doubt. Yet, somehow this had gone from a possible tryst to a conversation about something he had not thought about in decades.

Back to top Go down

Post by West Sun May 10, 2009 10:13 pm

She waves away his question. "Heaven's no, I haven't asked them, but I don't need to. I know what her bloodline entails. I know what almost all of them entail. It's what I do."

She shrugs at his next statement. "The kine have also not had nearly three thousand years of experience and time to think about it either. I have. I think love is more a mystery to us, kine and kindred alike, because we want it to be rather then because it simply is. Giv en enough time and reflection, it is a very simple concept. I have just never had the opportunity to allow myself to experience it........until, now. And I am still not sure I want to take that road."
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 10, 2009 10:32 pm

Digesting her words, Auvrey was wondering if he had even been correct about her being naive; perhaps she was, of certain sensations, but perhaps not of human nature. It was also intimidating to consider her age.

"The more we speak, the less I feel as if I have any words that might help," he said, turning to her with a bemused smile. "The Blood of the Tismanu is mine, though, so I will help you however I can."

"You said, inside, that you were considering confessing. The other thing, I wonder, as we speak, is what you could possibly have to confess," he added.

He wanted to reach out and touch her again, but he already felt a twinge of something he hadn't felt in years... guilt. She seemed... pure. That was the only word that came to mind.

Back to top Go down

Post by West Sun May 10, 2009 10:40 pm

Shadow looks away for a few minutes, thinking back to the night of judgement, when she had seen Gabriel burn to his Final Death.

"A little over a month ago I watched a kindred burn to death by sunlight. It was his sentence for massive breeches of the Masquerade and treasonous behavior toward the city and the Prince. It was........horrible to watch but at the same time I could not help but feel satisfaction. He had killed a great many kine females in the months before he was caught. He tortured them and did horrible things to them before they died. I felt as if he was getting what he deserved. But I also feel guilty for that. No creature deserves to die in that manner."

Her eyes are a little too wide as she speaks, her mind reliving the horror of that night.
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 10, 2009 11:14 pm

"Yes, this is a difficult situation," Auvrey said, softly. It was clear that this was something that bothered her greatly.

"For I will be merciful and gracious toward their sins and I will remember their deeds of unrighteousness no more.," he said. "What you felt, is common, and cleansing ourselves of such emotion is difficult. Psychologically, it provides a form of closure, so we find our minds at odds with our spiritual needs."

"Such a thing, though," he continued, "requires time. If you had no hand in his... ending... and small warning of what was to come, it is much to ask that you instantly forgive this man; for that is what is required, to not have the feelings you had."

"That you feel this guilt, and so deeply, tells me that you are more spiritual than most Sanctified I've met," Auvrey said, reaching out to take her hand. "I would consider this an opportunity to examine yourself, and how you approach forgiveness of others... and forgiveness of the self."

Back to top Go down

Post by West Mon May 11, 2009 9:33 am

Shadow nods, knowing there is a lot of truth in what he says. “Forgiving him is the easy part. Some of us cannot help but succumb to our predatory natures. It is much too easy to slip into the role of the monster and lose our sense os self. That hard part will be the self-forgiveness. But, then again, isn’t that usually the case?”

She shrugs, then smiles. “Tell me Auvrey, are you more Dragon or Sanctified?”
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 11, 2009 7:50 pm

"A Dragon, Lady," he replied. "My kin have always served the spiritual needs of the Ordo Dracul, and we strive to create sanctuaries for those in need," he continued. "Places where one might exhaust their Beast, or seek solitude. Of course I can also serve in the capacity of a Confessor."

"Even were it not for my Blood, I personally have some... theological differences with the Sanctum," he finished, unsure of what to say next.

It had been some time since he had said so much, or so openly. Partly, because of his 'camouflage', but also because none had asked. She had said cataloging Bloodlines was something she did; was she adding him to her catalog?

He looked down at her hand, still in his, wondering if she would take it back.

Back to top Go down

Post by West Mon May 11, 2009 9:41 pm

Shadow shrugs. "I disagree with much of their philosophy, but they do serve a necessary purpose. Every sentient creature needs something to believe in, look up to. Even the undead. The Sanctum provides that. Whether they are correct or not remains to be seen."

She gives him a broad smile. "I'll let you know if they're right when I get through the pearly gates. Although, that won't be for some time I think. Thank you for speaking to me Auvrey. It has helped me a lot. Is there something I can do for you in return perhaps?"

She leaves her hand where it is. Usually others would have taken their hand away by now, the cold seeping into their bones eventually. But Auvrey's was still there, warm, comforting.
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 11, 2009 11:10 pm

"Oh, no," he replied, a bit surprised. "This is what I do, when I can," he explained. "I would only ask that you let the others know that I am available."

It seemed such an impersonal thing to say, even though it was true. It had been decades since he felt as if what he were saying had come out wrong.

"I very much enjoyed speaking with you," he finally said.

She was wrong, though. It wasn't her beauty that was intimidating; it was her purity.

Back to top Go down

Post by West Tue May 12, 2009 9:49 pm

Shadow frowns, wondering what it was she did wrong. The conversation had not gone the way she'd wanted it to. Nothing in the last few weeks had gone the way she wanted it to.

"It's what you do? Well I suppose that is a good thing then. We could use someone like you. Although, I am confused. If you are Sanctified, then how can you be a part of the Ordo?"
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 12, 2009 10:45 pm

Auvrey smiled, and his eyes danced with laughter. "Actually, Lady, it's more a question of, if I'm a Dragon, how can I be part of the Sanctum."

"I'm not sure how it happened, it's been so long," he continued. "Some areas had no Dracul, yet I was a priest." Auvrey shrugged slightly. "Assumptions were made, which I never contradicted, and years passed."

"I could demonstrate what I have learned through my chrysalis, if needed," he asked, cocking his head to the side in a question. Of course it was a lot, to ask someone to believe such odd claims.

His hand tightened, holding hers, unconsciously, as he felt a tingle of nervousness? fear? that she might consider him a liar. It was... important... that she thought well of him.

Back to top Go down

Post by West Tue May 12, 2009 10:58 pm

Shadow smiles and shakes her head. "No, that is not necessary. We do have a few here and there placed in other covenents, for learning purposes. I have just never met someone who has done it. I probably would have joined the Sanctified myself, had I been given a choice. But I have been a Dragon for so long, I don't think I would know how to be any other way."

She looks out at the garden again, wondering what else she could ask that would not be too intrusive. She wanted to know this man. "How old are you Auvrey?"
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 13, 2009 8:16 pm

"Just a few hundred, give or take," he answered, curious that she asked. With someone else he might have made a cradle robbing joke, but he wasn't sure if she was the type to joke -- she had an unconscious intensity to her.

"One of the things I've learned is how to create sanctuaries," Auvrey added. "I can make it quite difficult for someone to enter a place I protect," he said with a smile to let her know yes, he was going somewhere with this.

"With whatever is terrorizing the city, I'd like you to know that, in case you suspect he's coming after you -- I could protect the chapter house. I wouldn't want anything to happen to you," Auvrey said softly.

Back to top Go down

Post by West Wed May 13, 2009 8:26 pm

Shadow's eyes widened. "I think he is taking out the strongest of blood first. I am stronger then most, but not as strong as the former Prince, Hound, and Harpy. Protecvtion of the Chapter House would be very welcome. A lot of the Dragons stay there and some who wish to become Dragons. But if you can do that, then we could protect the current Prince as well."

She begins talking faster as she goes, her excitement at his offer obvious. "We could also have the Harpy stay there and the Primogen or Priscus if need be,. There is enough room for all, although the Dragons will have to move underground again. But I am sure they won't mind really."

She pauses in thought, then gives Auvrey a broad smile. "Thank you. That is very kind of you."
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 13, 2009 9:38 pm

Rahyna walks to the garden and just as she steps foot through the door she suddenly hits some sort of barrier and is stopped dead in her tracks after a few attempts with no luck of breaching the barrier a wave of fear starts to wash over her she pulls out her phone and fires off a text if she does not get an answer she will find some one else to help.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 13, 2009 9:46 pm

Auvrey listens to Shadow, eyes widening as she speaks. It wasn't what he had intended -- but it was an excellent idea. It might reveal his secret, but he wouldn't deny the Dragons, or their guests, refuge. Especially not her.

"There's one problem," he said, as he realized it himself. "I get... agitated... away from my Haven. I'm not sure I could sustain a Refuge unless I moved into the chapter house."

Back to top Go down

Post by West Wed May 13, 2009 9:55 pm

Shadow glances at her phone and makes a quick text response before looking back up at Auvrey. "Oh well, that's easily fixed. You are more then welcome. I would love the company." She says with a bright smile.

It fades around the edges a bit as she continues. "Umm could you drop your protection? Rahyna is done inside and is looking for me."
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 13, 2009 10:07 pm

"I'd be delighted," Auvrey said, with a smile in return. It certainly wasn't what he had intended when the conversation took this turn, but having a chance to see her again was more than he had hoped for -- or had the nerve to ask for, so far.

"Oh," he said, with an embarrassed look. "Yes, of course. I'm so sorry, it was intended to keep Sanctified ears away."

Closing his eyes, he concentrated and dismissed the Forbiddance.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 13, 2009 10:18 pm

Rahyna attempts to go into the garden once more and as she takes the first step and braces herself as she walks forward and makes it through the spot she couldn't before. She walks briskly towards the fountain an agitated look on her face and as she saw Shadow sitting there her face softens and her eyes almost light up she goes up to her and and lays a kiss on her cheek ignoring Auvrey for the moment "Shadow are you ok why couldn't I get into the garden to begin with." Rahyna looks her up and down to make sure there is nothing out of place.

Back to top Go down

Post by West Wed May 13, 2009 10:25 pm

Shadow waves away Rahyna's concern. "I am fine. You could not get in because of my new friend's unique ability. It is something he can do to any spce he occupies. It is a very useful talent. Auvrey, this is Seneschal Rahyna, Seneschal this is Auvrey Felrun. He is a Dragon as well. We were just discussing his entrence into the Chapter House."

Last edited by Frost on Wed May 13, 2009 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 13, 2009 10:28 pm

Auvrey stood, almost wincing as cold-stiffened fingers and joints released Shadow's hand.

"Seneschal, it's a pleasure to see you again," he said with a bow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 13, 2009 10:34 pm

Rahyna bares the full force of her stare onto Auvery as she notices he dropped her hand a slight hint of jealousy peaked and then she pushed it away "Pleasure to see you again Mr. Feiran. I am sorry Shadow I did not mean to interrupt you I will just meet you back at the Chapter House so that you can finish up here." Rahyna figures it is better to turn and walk away before she says something that she will regret later. She leans over to give Shadow another kiss before she leaves but pauses before she reaches her lips and then backs away turning to leave her back to them and she feels the tears well up but she refuses to show any weakness right now.

Back to top Go down

Post by West Wed May 13, 2009 10:42 pm

Shadow frowns. "Rahyna, you're being silly. We were discussing the fate of the city and how we could protect you and the Prince. I think we may have a good idea here. But, you would have to cooperate." Shadow reaches out and grabs the other woman's hand before she can walk away.

She's pretty sure she has a good idea of what is going on and doesn't want the other woman leaving in such a state. Besides, it wasn't like her and Auvrey were "making-out" or anything.

"I think he can really help us. And I think he will make a good addition to the Dragons. What is the matter with you?"
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 13, 2009 10:53 pm

Rahyna turns and looks at Shadow reveling in the feel of her hand "He is a Dragon huh? Well if memory serves right I believe he introduced himself as Sanctified so who is he lying to you or them? As for what is wrong with me it can wait for another time." she puts a hand to the mark on her breast "I may be branded Invicutus but I have never claimed them nor have I ever split my loyalties can your new friend say the same?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 13, 2009 10:58 pm

Auvrey watched the women, silently. Did the Seneschal think he had been taking advantage of Shadow's admitted naivete? Even if she didn't, he listened to her ask the same question he had asked himself before.

Back to top Go down

Post by West Wed May 13, 2009 11:04 pm

Shadow's face turns angry as she looks at Rahyna. "You know damn well we have agents who are involved in other covenents. And you know damn well the Oriental Rite also joins other covenents. So stop it now. What reason do you have to doubt his word? Has he given you cause?"
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 14, 2009 9:57 am

Rahyna looks at Shadow and gives a resigned sigh "You are right Shadow I am sorry I don't know what has come over me." she gives a half hearted smile "I will meet you back at home if you think that Mr. Feiran is trustworthy than I will trust your judgement." she reaches out and squeezes Shaodw's hand and turns to walk away again. Just then Rahyna's phone rings and she answers it a look of utter shock coming over her face as she hears Twist's voice on the other end.

Back to top Go down

Post by West Thu May 14, 2009 8:13 pm

Shadow nods to Rahyna before she walks away. "if that is your wish."

She then turns her attention back to Auvrey. "Would you like to continue our conversation here, or go back to your home and pack your things?"
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 14, 2009 8:25 pm

Auvrey glanced at his watch. "I need to pack, as much as I'd love to stay here with you. My little Haven anxiety will make me simply unbearable if I don't get settled in before the daystar rises," he said apologetically.

"I'm not sure if I should apologize?" he asked, glancing towards Rahyna. "I am sorry, though, for upsetting her."

How was he going to minister to her... or Shadow? Moving into the chapter house made him think of a powder keg -- but he was very, very pleased at the prospect, regardless.

Back to top Go down

Post by West Thu May 14, 2009 8:35 pm

Shadow shrugs. "I have no idea either. Would you like some assitence packing? So we can make sure you get it all done before the daystar comes?"
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 16, 2009 12:32 pm

"I think I really would like that," Auvrey said with a warm said with a warm smile. "Thank you."

He picked up his cane with his frozen hand, and offered her the other.

Back to top Go down

Post by West Sun May 17, 2009 12:00 am

Shadow took his arm and allowed him to lead her out of the garden.

"You know, I really am sorry about the cold. I wish I cvould turn it off."

>END SCENE<
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down