Twilight Valley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Night in the Hedge

+6
Aldamoth
jmiland1
Darksider42
shouldabeenadog
Em
Lexi
10 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

A Night in the Hedge Empty A Night in the Hedge

Post by Lexi Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:08 pm

Arch stood in the lounge of the Four Seasons, leaning against a large pillar, watching the doorway and letting her eyes stare off into space. She wondered how many would show up, or even if they knew about it. She hadn't given much notice...but she'd been watching, and Tiffany thought it best to let people take off steam. Damned woman had insights into things that didn't even exist sometimes...

Last edited by Lexi on Mon May 18, 2009 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

A Night in the Hedge Empty Re: A Night in the Hedge

Post by Em Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:48 am

Navaja walks nervously into the lounge of the Four Seasons, hoping that the summer king is not around, since their last meeting didn't go very well. She's also looking for someone named 'Arch.' Not sure what he or she looks like, she's scanning for any changeling at all really.

She's wearing jeans, a sweat shirt, and sturdy shoes, and carrying a cheap backpack.
Em
Em

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:54 am

Nightfall walks in, carrying the guitar case, and trying to ignore the sense of deja vu. Seeing Arch, he waves to her and heads over.

Maybe one day he'd volunteer to be the Archer of the Lonely March.

A Night in the Hedge Nfbanner

Back to top Go down

Post by shouldabeenadog Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:08 am

Al-Adin bursts through the door. "Got lost again." He smiles at Nightfall. He heads over to Arch. "Flower Courier Al-Adin, at your service Arch." He seems extremely pleased with himself.
shouldabeenadog
shouldabeenadog

Back to top Go down

Post by Darksider42 Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:15 am

John followed Navaja in, eyes sweeping the area like a paranoid soldier caught in a warzone. His trench coat was clean now, though he wasn't able to get the coffee stain out completly. He still wore the same thing he came here before. Red shirt, plane jeans, his well worn leather shoes and his hedgespun scarf.
Darksider42
Darksider42

Back to top Go down

Post by Em Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:26 am

She sees Nightfall and watches him walk to the person by the pillar. She nods in their direction, and whispers to John "Well, one of them is probably it. You sure you're not coming just to protect me? I can take care of myself." She smiles. "I mean, with what's been going on, I wouldn't go myself, except that there might be stuff I can learn that I can use to take care of myself even better."
Em
Em

Back to top Go down

Post by Darksider42 Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:32 am

"I insist. Theres strength in numbers after all. Besides, I'd like to have a better understanding of the local 'area' myself." John said as he watched others gather. He was still tense as hell, but at least he could calm down a little.
Darksider42
Darksider42

Back to top Go down

Post by shouldabeenadog Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:33 am

(forgot to put this in)
A Night in the Hedge Aladdinbanner
shouldabeenadog
shouldabeenadog

Back to top Go down

Post by Em Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:39 am

Navaja walks over to the two by the pillar. She says quietly to them, "Is one of you two Arch?" She nervously shifts her bag from one shoulder to the other and glances at John. They've had mixed results meeting other changelings in the city.
Em
Em

Back to top Go down

Post by jmiland1 Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:44 am

Deja vu is strong on the air tonight; Brandon comes in toting a duffel bag that he's slung over one shoulder, dressed in an ensemble that could best be described as either "Early 20th C. Paul Bunyan" or "1990s Seattle Rock Musician," with his flannel shirt and blue jeans. Looking around, he sees the knot of changelings--rather hard to miss a crew like that--and makes his way over. "Hope we don't have a repeat of last time," he says to no one in particular, although he's facing Al-Adin and Nightfall, the only two he recognizes.
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldamoth Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:22 am

~ Appearance- Medium height, male, Medium length brown hair tied back into a ponytail - Cheap black buisness suit with a sabre by his side
Mien : Pitch black eyes belch forth shadow, which flows down his cheeks like a wispy cloud
jaw is filled with long, thin fangs, which show only when he smiles - Courtless ~

Aldamoth walks in slowly, trying not to attract too much attention. He was new here, and while he had managed to overhear mention of this expedition, he was not sure if he was welcome to tag along, or was it invitation only. "Only one way to find out" he mumbled under his breath as he closed in on the group gathering in the lounge
Aldamoth
Aldamoth

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:09 am

Arch smiles at the large number of people who have shown up, "Good afternoon, everyone. Does anyone know if there are others coming?" She gets up off the pillar and stretches out, pushing hair out of her face and looking over the group.
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:00 pm

Betony had almost decided not to come. She hadn't left the last meeting in a particularly dignified manner. She had spent days trying to just get the courage to leave her room. But Autumn was about controlling fear and in the end blind paranioa and embaresment were not suficent reason to hide.
So Betony Rue the four seasons hotel, dressed as she had before, with her bag.
Thistle
Thistle

Back to top Go down

Post by Soirgriffe Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:13 pm

Silas walked in wearing his usual get up with a white waist coat over the top. His hair was out of place, more than usual, and he joined the crowd.
He'd been tipped off by another member of the Autumn court, gods know why, but he'd came all the same. Such commotion was sure to be...interesting.
Soirgriffe
Soirgriffe

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:46 pm

"Well well, I certainly wasn't expecting such a large crowd. I certainly hope that all of you realize that this isn't a picnic outing, the Hedge is a dangerous place and I have business in a lesser known area today." She smiles as she speaks up to the large crowd. "Tiffany, who I believe some of you have met, will be taking over for me a little ways into the area we need to be, as the beast I'm after today is more than a little deadly. Now..we'll all need to make sure we have rides...I have directions written out for everyone as to where we need to meet after this."

She smiles again, and holds out a pile of papers that appear to be maps of the downtown area.
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldamoth Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:05 pm

Aldamoth takes one of papers from the smiling changeling, and glances over it.
"Will we be assisting in your hunt m'lady, or is our path more benign?" He asks with a grin on his face.
Aldamoth
Aldamoth

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:48 pm

Arch smiles at Aldamoth again, "Your path is wherever you all need it to be. It will not be to my hunt, however, unless the prey comes sooner."
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Soirgriffe Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:53 pm

Silas came up at took a paper.
"And what, pray tell, are we to do?"
He looked closely at the paper been given.
Soirgriffe
Soirgriffe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:56 pm

Nightfall took a sheet, glanced at it, then handed it to Adin and Karma. He was ready whenever they were. Thank goodness that girl that had made fun of him last time wasn't here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:04 pm

"That's entirely dependent on what you might need in the hedge. This isn't a guided tour." She leans back against the pillar, waiting for anyone else to take a map, "People have expressed interest in their own needs from the hedge, I was asked to at least help them find it."
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:37 pm

Kyle grabs his backpack (holding three different kinds of gardening clippers, one steel, one cold iron and one silver as well as matching hand spades for each wrapped in a couple of plastic bags in the bottom) before beeping his car alarm and heading to the elevator up into the lobby of the 'Seasons. The Coyote checks his appearance in the full-length mirrors that cover the inside of the mobile room, and he liked what he saw. The black jeans and tight black shirt gave him nice, clean lines, and he was wearing his exploring boots, tough suckers that gave him a delightfully safe feeling when tromping through the underbrush.
Kyle wondered what kind of Goblin fruit he'd find this trip while he waited for the golden doors to open. Once they did, he saw the clustered changelings speaking amongst themselves. He made his way across the room, his boots making clickity-click noises as he crossed the enormous lobby. He smiles as he greets the improvised motley, "Sorry I'm late, I just had to finish some things up at the office." He snags a map before they all go to someone else. When he realizes that some of the locations are some distance away he adds, "I can give some people a ride if they need it."
Benjamin
Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by West Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:43 pm

Mien: Black panther walking on two legs, black hair, and bright amber eyes. A wicked looking spiked chain is wrapped around her waiste.

Karma frowns. "I'm confused. Exactly what are we going into the hedge for?"

A Night in the Hedge Karmabanner
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldamoth Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:59 pm

Aldamoth smiled, he had been hoping someone would have room for him in there vehicle, public transport was so unreliable these days.
He turned to Kyle, "If you do not mind the company, i will take you up on the that offer" he say's with a sheepish grin
Aldamoth
Aldamoth

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:36 pm

Kyle looks the other Changeling up and down before answering. "Surrre, just as long as you don't poke holes in the upholstery. There's two more spaces, three if you're really friendly." He extends one of his hands to the man, "The name's Kyle."
Benjamin
Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:06 pm

"I was under the impression that there were people who needed a guide into the hedge for their own purposes. If I was mistaken..then perhaps those of you who do have no purpose, could be of some use in my hunt." She continues leaning against the pillar, showing no sense of fear or anger that most might at the thought. "I need venom. I do not know the true nature of the creatures who hold it, but I know where they lie."
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldamoth Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:40 pm

"Aldamoth De'taldier, and thanks for the lift, I appreciate it" he say's whilst shaking the changelings hand.
He turns to Arch "As a Baron of the lesser ones, it is both my honor and duty to assist you if you so wish it, m'lady" he say's, with a grin almost seems sincere
Aldamoth
Aldamoth

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:57 pm

Kyle's ears perk up at Arch's suggestion. Hunting poisonous Boojums sounds much more interesting than gardening.
Benjamin
Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by Em Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:27 am

Navaja glances over the directions. She says to Kyle "Is your ride full up?" pointing at herself and John. She feels under prepared, but it's a feeling she's gotten used to, and so far it's turned out okay even if it doesn't make things easy. "And is anyone else just trying to get the lay of the land? I'm not really into a guided tour, but I want to know what the hedge is like around here. Knowing is half the battle, after all." The way she says the last part would indicate to the observant that she feels that knowing is considerably more then half the battle.
Em
Em

Back to top Go down

Post by jmiland1 Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:03 am

"If he doesn't have room," Brandon says to Navaja, "I should be able to squeeze the two of you in." Turning to an Ogre he asks, "And you, Miss Betony Rue? Do you need a ride?" His tone is polite and not at all jestful, unlike the last time he spoke with her.
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Post by Soirgriffe Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:53 am

"I may be wrong" Silas voiced out his opinion to the girl who clearly was being silly, "But chasing around creatures that have venom could be quite...dangerous, and not something that girls should trouble themselves with." He let off a smile.
Soirgriffe
Soirgriffe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:27 am

Nightfall had been about to tell Arch he would go with her when the Mannikin spoke to her. Instead, his eyes got large in surprise and he stared at the silly man for his words... then glanced at Arch.

When had the Freehold gotten so full of rude Lost?

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:25 am

Arch's eyes glance over Silas, and then she leans back against the pillar, "If you'd prefer not to see girls fighting, you're welcome to go off on your own. I'm sure as Hedge Warden, I could show you plenty of safe ways into the Hedge from here." She pulls out one of the maps and glances it over, "Now...if no one else has a problem, the way we'll be going in is in a parking structure off of P Street. It should be marked on the map."

She starts walking towards the door, and stretches out a little before getting there, "Also, there's room for three in my car, if you don't mind the weapons in the back seat."
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:27 am

Nightfall looked at Adin and Karma to see if they wanted to go on the hunt, or with the others. He shifted his guitar case to his other hand, uncomfortable with the bulkiness of it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:19 pm

"Yes, I do. Thank you for offering." Betony replied. She shouldered her bag and walked over to the carpool group she would be going with.
Thistle
Thistle

Back to top Go down

Post by shouldabeenadog Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:56 pm

Adin smiles. "I'll go with Arch. Come on Nightfall, it'll be an Adventure!"
shouldabeenadog
shouldabeenadog

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:57 pm

Kyle didn't have any problem with girls fighting... each other... possibly wrestling... in mud... or honey, even...

Kyle blinked. Dude, focus! You can visit the Honeytrap Club later. Damnit, to top it all off now he was hungry.

Kyle winks at the Darkling, "Nah, there's always room for a pretty girl in the backseat of my car. And her beau, too."

Unless someone holds him up, he brings his contemporaries down into the 'Season's Underground parking to show off...
Benjamin
Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by Soirgriffe Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:46 pm

Silas stuck with an easier way of travel, he'd get a cab when he got out of here.
But he muttered to himself when he left something about "Women today..."
Soirgriffe
Soirgriffe

Back to top Go down

Post by West Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:45 am

Mien: Black panther walking on two legs, black hair, and bright amber eyes. A wicked looking spiked chain is wrapped around her waiste.

Karma shrugs and follow Al and Nightfall. "I have no issue going with Arch." She says softly. Then she turns to Nightfall with a frown. "Shouldn't you actually be talking by now?" She leans in and whispers.
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:28 am

Scarlet spots bloom on Nightfall's pale cheeks as he blushes. Probably, yes. Not the kind of thing you explain in one or two words on a notepad.

He nods and shrugs heads towards Arch's car with her and Adin. Besides, Adin talked enough for both of them.

Back to top Go down

Post by jmiland1 Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:32 am

Brandon starts to head out to where he's parked, a map in one hand; he waves Betony Rue over but lingers a bit to see if Navaja and John want to ride with him, or with Kyle.
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:18 am

~Narration~

Everyone makes their way to the location on the map in their own way, and find Arch standing in front of what appears to be just an open window through the side of the parking structure.
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by West Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:13 pm

Karma leans in toward Nightfall and whispers. "We so need to talk after this whole "adventure" is over."

She then turns her attention to Arch. "Is there anything in particular we should be expecting?"
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Em Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:32 am

Navaja walks over to Brandon. "Unless John has other preferences, I'd love to catch a ride with a fellow autumn courtier. I'm new around here, and maybe you could give me Local Autumn Court 101 while we ride, if the other folks wouldn't be too bored by politics."

She glances from her map to Brandon's "You know where we're going? John here knows how good I am at following a map." She laughs a little.
Em
Em

Back to top Go down

Post by Darksider42 Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:39 am

John shrugged. "I don't have a problem with Autumn." He said simply with his arms crossed. He smiled a little when she mentioned maps. She wasn't that bad, she just had a mostly unreliable map as far as he could tell.
Darksider42
Darksider42

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:44 am

"Those of you who wish to continue on with me past the clearing I had intended for anyone in need of fruits and other such things, should expect danger. I know that the creatures I seek are spiders, but I have not yet discerned their size or how dangerous they are."

She smiles at Karma and leans against the open wall, "I won't expect anyone to go with me, and Tiffany will be meeting anyone who wishes to stay in the clearing, in case hunting down the venom takes too long for anyone."
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by West Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:50 am

Karma gives Arch a broad smile.

"Oh, I think a good hunt is exactly what I have been needing lately."

After she had quit working at the bakery, she had a lot of time on her hands. At first, she'd tried practicing in her appartment, but there wasn't a whole lot of room. She'd also kept to herself and had kind of gone into hiding. Now, she wanted to stretch her legs again and get into a good fight. She needed to test her abilities again and the best way to do that would be in the hedge.
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shouldabeenadog Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:51 am

"Oooh! Spiders!" Al-Adin is bouncing.
shouldabeenadog
shouldabeenadog

Back to top Go down

Post by jmiland1 Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:06 am

Brandon drives his little group to the spot on the map, and although he's happy to talk about the court he has little information to really share--although he's been back from his Keeper for a while, he's stayed mostly on the periphery of the courts. He doesn't even have an Autumn mantle up yet.
He tries to decide what he wants to do on this trip. Hedge fruits were just one of the things he was looking for... but a fight with creepy Fae spider-things might be exactly what he needed right now.
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Post by Soirgriffe Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:35 am

Silas thought to himself for a few minutes.
"I think i'll stay and meet this 'Tiffany'" Silas went to lean againest anything that could support him. "You not knowing the sizes of these spiders puts me off somewhat."
Soirgriffe
Soirgriffe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:26 pm

Nightfall nodded and made a circular motion that encompassed Karma and Aid; he was with them.

But, spiders? Ewwwww.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next