Twilight Valley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Experiment in Motley Formation (attn: Benjamin, Bodecia, Premsyl, Rosyn, Fractured, Kelreth)

+5
Bodecia Albion
Benjamin
Premsyl
Kelreth
DaevaDude
9 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

An Experiment in Motley Formation (attn: Benjamin, Bodecia, Premsyl, Rosyn, Fractured, Kelreth) - Page 2 Empty Re: An Experiment in Motley Formation (attn: Benjamin, Bodecia, Premsyl, Rosyn, Fractured, Kelreth)

Post by Fractured Sat May 30, 2009 11:29 pm

I'm all for the hob guardians. I could take the hob trainer merit, and they could be my constables : )
Fractured
Fractured

Back to top Go down

An Experiment in Motley Formation (attn: Benjamin, Bodecia, Premsyl, Rosyn, Fractured, Kelreth) - Page 2 Empty Re: An Experiment in Motley Formation (attn: Benjamin, Bodecia, Premsyl, Rosyn, Fractured, Kelreth)

Post by Kelreth Sun May 31, 2009 7:57 pm

So how many of each court do we have so far

I'm lost for making something. have no idea so far
Kelreth
Kelreth

Back to top Go down

Post by Fractured Sun May 31, 2009 8:33 pm

2 autumn (premsyl and benji), 2 summer (me and daeva)
Fractured
Fractured

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelreth Sun May 31, 2009 8:57 pm

haha o wow, so either autumn or summer

eh what the hell summer it is

and i really want to make a beast/rock changeling
Kelreth
Kelreth

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelreth Sun May 31, 2009 9:07 pm

I'm thinking of either the The Wroth General Calescence or Arrayer of Distant Thunder

not sure yet
Kelreth
Kelreth

Back to top Go down

An Experiment in Motley Formation (attn: Benjamin, Bodecia, Premsyl, Rosyn, Fractured, Kelreth) - Page 2 Empty My regrets

Post by Bodecia Albion Sun May 31, 2009 10:44 pm

After a lot of thought, I've decided not to join you in the motley. My time is limited by working a couple of jobs and commute time for me adds up to 12 hours weekly, and I've been asked to help Lexi with the Changeling venue.

Carry on!
Bodecia Albion
Bodecia Albion

Back to top Go down

Post by DaevaDude Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:05 am

Kelreth.. another Summer is never a bad thing, but diversity of courts isn't either, so do Summer if that's what you want, but if you'd rather go for one of the other courts, we've got room for that as well.
DaevaDude
DaevaDude

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelreth Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:11 am

I read how summer views the other courts and autumn is the only one that wasn't really scorned or looked down upon
Kelreth
Kelreth

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelreth Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:12 am

im gana try to find some combo that will let my char be a stone animal
Kelreth
Kelreth

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:23 am

Elemental Stonebones/Hunterheart
You were one of those carved [animal of your choice] that graced a stairway/entrance/throne.
An Experiment in Motley Formation (attn: Benjamin, Bodecia, Premsyl, Rosyn, Fractured, Kelreth) - Page 2 China_foo_lion
Benjamin
Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelreth Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:56 am

hahaha awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

im going to use that
Kelreth
Kelreth

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:11 am

One of the great things about Changeling is the variety you have when making a character.
Depending on what you want your character to be able to do, how you saw them being treated in Arcadia, or how their thought process was affected, there are many options you can have within just one concept.
Were they carved as a Beast? Or was their shape more in the lines of a monster of myth so that they became a Draconic?
Was the form set so they became an Earthbones? Was it enchanted to move so it guard and become a Manikin? Was it kept in perfect condition to be one of the Treasured? Was their size immense enough to be a Gargantuan?
Were they lost in the moment or forced into the mindset of rock? Were they exposed to brutality or callousness?
There are many options to choose from depending are your perception of the character. Arcadia changes people differently, even under the same effects, and you can't always tell the nature of those changes from the surface appearance.
Nothing is wrong with the being an elemental earthbones/hunterheart. Just consider the variety and tailor it to your view of the character.
Thistle
Thistle

Back to top Go down

Post by DaevaDude Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:49 am

The stone animal is great! And Thistle hits at one of the many things I love about Changeling... the huge diversity of potential characters.

There are a lot of custom kiths out there - the WW boards have had a couple good threads full of them, many quite good and balanced with existing ones - but even just sticking with what's published in the books and using Dual Kith, the options are huge.
DaevaDude
DaevaDude

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:52 am

Custom Kiths require approval, remember that please.
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelreth Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:14 pm

I'm gana try to stick to published kiths

i think i can have enough fun with a stonebone/hunterheart who looks like a chinese guardian statue, kind of
Kelreth
Kelreth

Back to top Go down

Post by DaevaDude Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:18 pm

Great idea, Kelreth.

You might consider the Perfect Stillness Merit, from Rites of Spring. Actually, Rites of Spring is full up with cool goodness stuff - Merits, Contracts, etc.
DaevaDude
DaevaDude

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:00 pm

Daeva has invited me to join the motley. Right now I'm thinking I'll make a hunterheart/truefriend, who was part of a jungle wolf pack the Tiger liked to "spar" with.
Thistle
Thistle

Back to top Go down

Post by DaevaDude Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:33 pm

Sounds good to me.

I figured with Bodecia withdrawing, having another strong RPer to round things out would be good.

So, how far are people in writing up their characters? I'm not very far myself, having gotten sidelined some with the Requiem stuff. I've got a solid idea, but I'm not very far into assigning points.
DaevaDude
DaevaDude

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelreth Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:38 pm

Not very far yet, im getting the base starting stuff down and will add all the exp stuff sometime soon. Going to start on a background as well. Lots of rp stuff to do
Kelreth
Kelreth

Back to top Go down

Post by Fractured Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:41 pm

Welcome to the group, Thistle : )
Fractured
Fractured

Back to top Go down

Post by Fractured Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:07 am

I'm statted up. I went for 200xp, not including anything for the Hollow.
Fractured
Fractured

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:15 am

I got a 160xp character (still need to triple check my math just in case). I have a pretty good idea of background, durance, and personality. Not sure how to handle the escape or after. Did we all escape at the same time, or come dribbeling and got added to the motley?
Thistle
Thistle

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelreth Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:52 am

Its dribbeling I think cause some of the characters aren't elders
Kelreth
Kelreth

Back to top Go down

Post by Fractured Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:17 am

I think the way to handle it is we escaped at different times, though there could be some teamwork between similar xp levels.

What court are you planning on, Thistle, and what position? Just curious : )

FYI- I've changed my background from what I stated earlier, to make him more of a tracker. Tyrone Cyrus is gonna be a swamp guide from Louisiana. Gonna go the Green Mile, too:

An Experiment in Motley Formation (attn: Benjamin, Bodecia, Premsyl, Rosyn, Fractured, Kelreth) - Page 2 Michae10
Fractured
Fractured

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:24 am

Summer court but I don't plan for him to take up position just yet.
Thistle
Thistle

Back to top Go down

Post by DaevaDude Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:49 pm

I'm thinking the elders probably escaped together, and maybe they helped some of the mid-XP folk escape from that keeper in some way, though that's obviously going to have to have some good backstory explanation.
DaevaDude
DaevaDude

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:37 pm

Just so everyone knows, the 45% rule applies to not just your Contracts and Wyrd, but to changeling-specific merits like Hollow and Mantle.

Could everyone post what they are contributing to the Hollow? If we all put one dot towards Size/Wards/Doors/Amenities it's only 8xp total and we can have 5s in each statistic.

I'm contributing 1 dot to each.

Edit- also, it's not compulsory to donate dots at character creation since we can always improve the Hollow later.
Benjamin
Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:51 pm

I am contributing one dot to Size, Wards, and Amenities.
Thistle
Thistle

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelreth Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:54 pm

I'll put 1 dot in each once i get going on the char
Kelreth
Kelreth

Back to top Go down

Post by Fractured Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:00 pm

Benjamin wrote:Just so everyone knows, the 45% rule applies to not just your Contracts and Wyrd, but to changeling-specific merits like Hollow and Mantle.

O.o

It applies to Mantle? I didn't realize that. Back to work, dot computation device!
Fractured
Fractured

Back to top Go down

Post by DaevaDude Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:05 pm

I am putting 1 dot into each
DaevaDude
DaevaDude

Back to top Go down

Post by Fractured Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:32 pm

I'll go size 1, wards 1, doors 1.

I was going to take the Hob Kin merit, too, so we can get Hob guards. Pending Lexi's approval, of course : )
Fractured
Fractured

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelreth Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:24 pm

1 dot is for sure in each of the 4 things for hollow
Kelreth
Kelreth

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:29 pm

So unless Preysmyl and Roysn want to add more dots somewhere, we are going to start with

Size 5
Wards 5
Doors 4
Amenities 5

That's Awesome. We have our own castle full of amazing magical junk and tokens.
Benjamin
Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:30 pm

I'd like an itemized list of the amenities. Smile
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelreth Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:30 pm

haha sweet
Kelreth
Kelreth

Back to top Go down

Post by DaevaDude Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:46 pm

very cool.

So, can things like Wards and Amenities go above 5 dots?
DaevaDude
DaevaDude

Back to top Go down

Post by Fractured Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:01 am

no, wards and amenities are capped at 5
Fractured
Fractured

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:24 am

So should we make wish lists of what cool stuff we want? Very Happy
Thistle
Thistle

Back to top Go down

Post by DaevaDude Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:28 am

Seems reasonable. I'll start thinking on that as soon as I've finished my character.
DaevaDude
DaevaDude

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:45 pm

Here's how I see my contribution
My character, Connor, "saves" stray dogs by bringing them into the Hollow. They have formed a pack and become hobgoblins that help protect the Hollow (They are responsible for some of the Wards and Size of its grounds)

Amenities - Connor hunts with them, providing hedge meats and luxury quality furs that are used for blankets and rugs around the Hollow. The pack themselves are friendly and play with Hollow residents, thanks mostly to Connors efforts to keep them tame.
Other cool stuff he takes care of or found: Chinese checkers set with marbles of solid elemental forces, a harp made of swan bones, human fingers and hair that plays and sings Loreena McKennitt, and a mundane stocked kitchen (Connor only cooks meat or dishes with meat in them, everything else he makes turns out badly.)
Thistle
Thistle

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelreth Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:22 pm

Haha sweet, my guy Fu is part hunterheart with fang and talon canines
Kelreth
Kelreth

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:03 pm

Just as an FYI, I'm holding off on approving all of these until they're all submitted. I'd like for all of you to come in as a group Smile
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosyn Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:19 pm

I just submitted my motley character last night. She's an Elemental Autumn court with duel kith Earthblood/Fireheart. I didn't give her any hollow dots she's more of a fighter (Archery) but she's got some resources.
Rosyn
Rosyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Fractured Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:41 pm

Awesome, Ros.

*shames those who have yet to submit a character*
Fractured
Fractured

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:29 pm

No worries, we already gots a 'bitchin Hollow.
Benjamin
Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelreth Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:21 pm

OOOOOOOoooooo...................

right need to finish that character first then....
Kelreth
Kelreth

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:38 am

there's a limit on 300xp characters, and with so many people here making them, Lexi's said someone needs to drop down a tier. I'll do it, so don't worry about it anybody.
Benjamin
Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:39 am

Actually, either Fractured needs to resubmit at 160, or two of you are going to have to drop down to 160.
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:50 am

Lexi wrote:...or two of you are going to have to drop down to 160.
Including me or in addition to me?
Benjamin
Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next