Twilight Valley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just another day at the Museum of Anthropology and Antiquity

2 posters

Go down

Just another day at the Museum of Anthropology and Antiquity Empty Just another day at the Museum of Anthropology and Antiquity

Post by Laufrey Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:30 am

Bacchus arrived at the museum a few minutes after talking with Starling, he was still smiling at the thought of the hotel greeter, red haired Anna from Romania, and having gotten her number. Not even a half hour in the city, he certainly wished that this next meeting was quick and that things were stable. As he waited he wandered the initial ground not leaving his bike far, he began checking any trees or other plant life that was common to museums for their health.
Laufrey
Laufrey

Back to top Go down

Just another day at the Museum of Anthropology and Antiquity Empty Re: Just another day at the Museum of Anthropology and Antiquity

Post by Lexi Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:25 am

Starling left his office as soon as the others did, slipping out the back. He grins when he sees Bacchus, and sneaks up behind him, sliding his hands over his eyes, "Guess whoooooo!"
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Just another day at the Museum of Anthropology and Antiquity Empty Re: Just another day at the Museum of Anthropology and Antiquity

Post by Laufrey Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:51 am

Bacchus doesn't move as his eyes are suddenly covered and manages to not react violently but instead smiles, with a slight chuckle he responds with a mock guess, "Ah, the great pumpkin? No wait wrong state. Starling!" Turning he regards the other mage a moment before wrapping him in a fierce and quick hug that likely catches the other by suprise. "Damn but does it feel good to be home and talking to real people."
Laufrey
Laufrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:40 pm

Starling isn't particularly surprised by anything, and grins wide at the hug. He pulls away after about fifteen seconds too long and winks at the man.

"So, you said something about liking Greeks?"
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Laufrey Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:06 pm

Bacchus just shakes his head and smiles at the others antics. "Oh that? Cute receptionist at the hotel," he absently waves in general behind him without looking, "from Romania. Figured I'd see about introducing her to some other culture before Sacramento's." For his part he didn't grin like a cat that just pounced on the mouse.

Looking over Starling he continues, "You look well, so I imagine things are well for business?" By his tone it was obviously not mundane business he indicated. He also was looking around as if searching for something, like expecting a friend to show up, although a bit subtly.
Laufrey
Laufrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:06 pm

Starling shrugs, and puts his hands behind his head. "Business as usual, really. Keeping a museum up and running is mostly busywork."

He stretches a little, "So...any suggestions for lunch?"
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Laufrey Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:54 pm

Bacchus gives Starling a quizzical look and seems about to say something but looks down at his stomach which loudly calls for food so says, "Actually yea, if I remember right there's a old school Diner not far from here, Louie's I think, best burgers and fries around and I'd damn near kill for some right now."

He turns to motion in general which way it lies. "It should be just crowded enough for catching me up."
Laufrey
Laufrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Laufrey Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:37 am

Bacchus shrugs as his first suggestion doesn't seem to be entertaining enough for Starling, whatever. "Hey I forget does this place have a cafeteria or something, might be easier for you that way and doesn't bother me some. So long as I get food soon." He stood casually next to the tree but made it look like he was posing for a photo.
Laufrey
Laufrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:39 pm

"Food is food, your choice." Starling grins wide and just stands there, sliding his hands in his pockets.
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Laufrey Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:49 pm

Bacchus nods and smile with a look of, thank the spirits, "Lets go grab a burger then." He begins to walk back to his bike stops and turns, "You still got a car or whatever? My bike is pretty picky and is known to kick people off otherwise I'd offer." He shrugs while spreading his hands like it's out of his hands which, he did have a habit of waking things up after talking with them.
Laufrey
Laufrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:55 pm

Starling pulls a keychain out of his pocket, and you hear a beep in the distance. "Certainly. Let's get going." Starling continues to grin as he walks off towards the car.
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Laufrey Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:56 am

"Sweet!" Is all that escapes him with his eyes getting a bit bigger at the prospect of food then turns and actually runs for the bike and in no time is off towards the diner, one would get the impression of running for food than not.

Not very long at all later he arrives at Lou's Diner, also making sure that Starling was able to follow in case he didn't know the place. Upon shutting off his bike, a old and custom Harley that suits him (Note he didn't own one before he took off on his quest), he seems about to take off into the diner but waits for Starling instead as though he suddenly remembered something.
Laufrey
Laufrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:44 pm

Starling drives up, and finds a good parking spot nearby. He just walks right on up, and wraps an arm around Baccus, leading him inside.
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Laufrey Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:08 pm

Bacchus laughs merrily as he's led inside by Starling his hunger forgotten for only a moment as he responds with, "I take it you haven't been having enough fun eh?" His own arm wraps Starlings shoulders as he gives the other a playful hug as they walk in. Once inside it was child's play to find a booth let alone get a waitress as the ones on duty had an impromptu fight over who got to serve the two hot guys that just came in.

Bacchus rewarded the winner as she came over to take their orders with, "Hello Marissa," having read the name tag, "I'm absolutely starving so if I could get the biggest cheeseburger with a little spice tossed in with some water I would be most grateful." He gives a appreciative smile and turns to Starling with a look between hungry, happy and a little satisfied.
Laufrey
Laufrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:11 pm

Starling seems to enjoy the hug as usual, and responds with a rather happy sounding, "You know I always have fun, dear."

He settles into the booth, propping his feet up on the opposite seat. "Coffee and your best meal. I'm adventurous."
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Laufrey Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:24 pm

Looking around for no apparent reason once the waitress leaves a bit flushed Bacchus finally decides to lounge on his side of the booth more like a cat than sit upright and looking comfy while doing so.

"So wanna catch me up on the dull and the boring, less of course there's been something fun I missed?" When he talks he looks right at Starling but otherwise seems distracted even though he evidently pays attention otherwise yet appears to be fully relaxed.
Laufrey
Laufrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:57 pm

Starling just leans back in the booth and shrugs politely. "Business as usual. Zombies, parties, paintings in the museum."

He talks about it as nonchalantly as could possibly be said.
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Laufrey Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:09 pm

Bacchus frowns only for a moment at Starling's reply before becoming silent for several moments. "Alright, it could be far worse than that I suppose. Do you know how the Arrows are flying these days, anyone around that I know still?"

He contemplated the zombies working at keeping his face cheerful. If it was a matter of a puppeteer then it was one thing, yet if it was someone organizing or even enslaving the spirits it could explain some things. His stomach twisted into a knot as he considered the implications.

"I want to get back into things right away, no sense in dilly dallying."
He looked about ready to charge off and do, something.
Laufrey
Laufrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:53 am

"Well that depends. Who did you know?" Starling shrugs and looks across the room for the food, licking his lips just a bit as he notices a rather good looking waiter.
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Laufrey Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:14 am

Bacchus considers a moment as though remembering something from a very long time ago before replying, "Armadia and Dex I recall with others they were always around who escape me at the moment. I do remember briefly meeting some new arrivals to the area, I think one was named Kai and I don't remember the others name." He looks over hoping that there was still someone he knew, otherwise he'd have to go through the whole thing about his practice again. Oh well, there's worse, sometimes.
Laufrey
Laufrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:05 pm

Starling just shrugs and leans down in the seat. "Kai's gone. No idea about the other two." He stretches out, watching for the food and then outside the window.
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Laufrey Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:58 pm

Bacchus apparently speaks before thinking with the result of, "Well aren't I just fucked?" Shrugging at the same time dismissing what he just said he asks, "Are there any arrows you might direct me to or vice verse or new docs even a nurse?" As the food arrives he seems to forget what he just asked and Starling as he attacks the burger with reckless abandon, almost as though he hadn't eating in a week.
Laufrey
Laufrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:04 pm

"You'll want to talk to West. They just bought a church." Starling grins and tears into his own food with reckless abandon.
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Laufrey Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:06 am

Bacchus slows down to a slow chew as he looks up at Starling to see if the other man was joking, seeing he wasn't he went back to chewing a bit faster but not as fast as he had been consuming his meal. He almost seemed more animal as he ate than not, not only the way he ate but other mannerisms that seemed reflexive rather than practiced or deliberate.
Laufrey
Laufrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Laufrey Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:43 am

The burger devoured with no trace of it Bacchus relaxes a bit and starts picking the fries one by one like a Greek god picking helpless sacrifices. Looking at Starling he considers a moment before saying, "I remember him now, he came with Kai, alright this should be fun. Do you want to make a introduction or should I just drop in?" His smirk made it apparent he thought it would be fun to drop in but he wasn't serious.
Laufrey
Laufrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:49 am

"Oh just drop right in. I'll give you the address." Starling grins, wiping some food off his chin, and then pulling out a pen and pad. He writes down the address and hands it over to Baccus. "I'm sure they'll love meeting you."
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Laufrey Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:10 am

A glare of indecision crosses his face for a moment before clearing with a smile, "If that's how you want to play it, by all means." Taking the paper he looks it over and nods to himself before the note vanishes. He then puts enough money on the table to more than pay for both meals, meaning a rather large tip for the waitress. "Anything or anyone else I should be aware of before making some noise?"
Laufrey
Laufrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:26 am

Starling tosses a ten on the table for his food, and finishes off his cup of coffee. "I need to get back to work...but make sure to have fun at the church." Starling grins wide, offers a flourishing bow at Baccus, and is gone.
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Laufrey Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:29 am

As Starling walks off Bacchus yells, "I'll be sure to mention you." He sits for a bit considering the last remaining fries as though they betrayed him just before eating them. After several minutes he gets up to leave not even bothering to note the longing waitress.
Laufrey
Laufrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down