Twilight Valley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Granite Park (Attn: Tug, Orphan, Teegan, Brutus, Joshua, Falx)

+6
Rosyn
Khalvin
West
Fractured
DaevaDude
Kelreth
10 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Granite Park (Attn: Tug, Orphan, Teegan, Brutus, Joshua, Falx) - Page 3 Empty Re: Granite Park (Attn: Tug, Orphan, Teegan, Brutus, Joshua, Falx)

Post by Premsyl Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:10 am

Spoiler:
Premsyl
Premsyl

Back to top Go down

Granite Park (Attn: Tug, Orphan, Teegan, Brutus, Joshua, Falx) - Page 3 Empty Re: Granite Park (Attn: Tug, Orphan, Teegan, Brutus, Joshua, Falx)

Post by West Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:14 am

~~Narration~~

Ollie notices a hoodied and jeaned figure standing over near the parkour building -- he seems to be staring straight at Ollie, with his head cocked to the side. There is a hint of the glow that the Acanthus has come to identify with his Sybil's Sight limning the figure, but it's a sickly, unhealthy glow, that seems to fade even as Ollie studies it.
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DaevaDude Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:19 am

Orphan decides to try a rather unconventional mode of investigation, but one that has served him well in the past. Taking a small notepad and pen out of his jacket pocket, he inscribes the Japanese kanji for "luck" on the paper, then folds the paper into a paper airplane. He then uses the High Speech of lost Atlantis to ask Fate to guide him in some way, to tell him where he should be looking for a clue. Then he throws the airplane, watching to see if its path or where it lands provides him with any guidance.

Spoiler:
DaevaDude
DaevaDude

Back to top Go down

Post by West Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:32 am

~~Narration~~

The plane heads in a direction towards the parkour building, but then nosedives into the ground.

Last edited by West on Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:27 am; edited 1 time in total
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Premsyl Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:34 am

Ollie's heart jumps in his chest. Whoever or whatever the figure was he had some ties to his Fate. And was he? He was.. Staring at me

He turns his head away, but keeps his eyes on the man down near the building. He was pretty sure that the man wasn't able to see Ollie's eyes from this range. Could he?

"Hey, Sentinel. Creepy guy with a hoody at the edge of the Parkour building. Gives me a fuckin real weird vibe. Plus, I really hate creepy guys who wear hoods.. Have a look, but don't be too obvious. I think he's staring right at me."
Premsyl
Premsyl

Back to top Go down

Post by Khalvin Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:51 am

Bruts snaps his attention to Ollie and then toward the Parkour building. Where? He scanned the area around the Building's foundation down the barrel of his Shotgun. As if it could help some how. Where was Creepy guy?
Khalvin
Khalvin

Back to top Go down

Post by jmiland1 Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:37 am

Joshua tries to hide the irritation in his voice--but it's hard, Lord, so hard--when Ollie asks what they're doing up there. "Something has been Veiled up here, and we're trying to figure out what, because it is probably connected to these events. I can see it--"
He cuts off as Ollie interrupts to tell him about Creepy Guy. He sighs at this new interruption, turning his head slightly, and sees Brutus: staring, sight-lining down his barrel, right where Creepy Guy is supposed to be. "Brutus," Joshua says, a bit reproachful. "I think Ollie said 'Don't be too obvious.'"
He considers his options for a second, then says, "Take a look at this distortion, and everyone tell me if you can find anything that might help us to Unveil it. That includes you, Ollie. Try different Sights, see if anything helps. I'm going to take a look at the hooded man. We head down to confront him now, he may bolt. I want to delay that if possible."
Joshua turns, not looking directly at the parkour building but in its general area, to see if he can find Creepy Guy.

((withholding roll because I don't know if there's still a -5 penalty on it. Or West can roll for me when he checks the post... base pool of 6 for me, sir, if you decide to do so))
((FYI West: I'm pretty sure Orphan is still on the ground. Your narration in regards to his post makes it sound like you think he's on the roof with us. Sorry if I'm mis-reading it.))
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Post by Premsyl Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:45 am

Ollie smirks at the irritation in Joshua's voice, but he doesn't say anything else to antagonizing him. At his request to help analyze the scene he simply agrees with "You got it."

He forms the familiar imago of sight enhanced by the eddies of time, and soon his vision is enhanced by the spell.
Spoiler:
He uses his time-enhanced vision to look around at the resonance in the area, trying to learn what he can.
Spoiler:
Premsyl
Premsyl

Back to top Go down

Post by West Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:28 am

(( Thanks JM, fixed that. You can see the guy. ))

~~Narration~~

As the sun begins to cross the threshold of the horizon, the group on the roof realize that repeated Scrutinies have no effects on Veling spells.
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DaevaDude Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:33 am

((OOC - the spot where the airplane hit... does it match up with where Orphan saw the shadows in the Postcog?))
DaevaDude
DaevaDude

Back to top Go down

Post by West Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:30 am

(( Not really, it only flew about 8 or 9 feet ))
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DaevaDude Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:16 pm

Orphan points to where the paper airplane went and tells Tug and Falx "Fate suggests we should check over there, or at least in that direction. I was thinking it might be good for me to lend one of you a bit of luck first, though. So, who wants to get lucky?"

Spoiler:
DaevaDude
DaevaDude

Back to top Go down

Post by DaevaDude Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:17 pm

((OOC - Orphan drops Temporal Eddies before casting Bestow Exceptional Luck))))
DaevaDude
DaevaDude

Back to top Go down

Post by Darksider42 Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:19 pm

Ryan just nods as the sight started to take hold. The roof looked slightly different from a glance, but he wasn't able to look much into it when Ollie mentoned a creepy guy in a hood and Brutus aiming his shotgun in that direction. I really doub't a shotgun could hit much from this distance. He thought as he turned his attention back to everyone else.
Darksider42
Darksider42

Back to top Go down

Post by Fractured Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:48 pm

Tug smiles at Orphan. "I make my own Luck, but Falx could use a hand."
Fractured
Fractured

Back to top Go down

Post by Khalvin Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:15 pm

Brutus lowered his weapon as ordered. He thought he could see the man Ollie was referring too. "I scanned the roof. There is no living resonance up here but us." As he speaks he never turns from the man in the distance. "
Khalvin
Khalvin

Back to top Go down

Post by jmiland1 Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:45 pm

Joshua sighs, disappointed. No further information could be gleaned; no reason to waste more time on this. "Let's deal with the hooded man and take a look at the parkour building. Let's not strain the ladder--Ryan and Ollie go down first, then Teegan and Brutus. I will go last. Ollie, let them know what you saw when you get down there."
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelreth Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:51 pm

Falx shrugs. "If you are willing to sure, otherwise I'll be good." He looks at the parkour building. "I'll call Joshua and see if its ok that we go check it out. They have a decent bottleneck up there."
Kelreth
Kelreth

Back to top Go down

Post by Premsyl Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:18 pm

"You got it, bro."

Ollie jogs over to the fire escape, and swings out onto it. Clambering down the stairs and ladders.
Premsyl
Premsyl

Back to top Go down

Post by Darksider42 Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:43 pm

Ryan nods and follows Ollie down the fire escape. He didn't look happy standing on metal that gave everyone the impression that it could give way at any second.
Darksider42
Darksider42

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosyn Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:45 pm

Teegan mutters, "Guess that makes it my turn.." and follows Ollie and Ryan down the sketchy ladder.
Rosyn
Rosyn

Back to top Go down

Post by West Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:59 pm

~~Narration~~

Everyone makes their way down the ladder. With the 'parkour' building to the west, and the setting sun, it's almost impossible to see details anymore. The building's orange corona from the sun makes it almost appear to be on fire.
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Premsyl Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:05 pm

Ollie is beginning to get nervous, with the sun setting and all.

He jogs over to where Orphan, Falx and Tug are standing.

"Well, we didn't figure out anything about whatever's been veiled up there. I spotted a character standing by the Parkour place over there. He struck a weird chord. Fate-wise - he didn't look right." He looks to Orphan, the other Acanthus, wondering if he understands. He cranes his neck to look over there. "I don't know if you can see him from here... And it's getting kind of dark. We should just go over there."
Premsyl
Premsyl

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosyn Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:27 pm

Teegan jogs alongside Ollie keeping time with him, he can hear the metal of her MP5, handgun, and dog tags being jostled by her gait. When they reach the others she waits until Ollie's finished speaking and states, "I agree with him.. " It was starting to seem to Teegan that Ollie had a better handle on things here because of his previous experiences here though, she still didn't fully trust his judgment.
Rosyn
Rosyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Darksider42 Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:54 pm

Ryan followed close behind Ollie. He was guessing that there was other forms of sight judging from what he said. "Does sound like something to work with, I guess." He said with a shrug.
Darksider42
Darksider42

Back to top Go down

Post by DaevaDude Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:58 pm

Orphan casts the spell noted above on Falx.

Noting the setting sun, he looks to Falx. "My spell does lead us in that direction. Getting there puts us pretty much in zombie central, though, if my guess is correct, and with the sun coming down... well, we all know what happened before." He glances to Ollie

Orphan takes his daisho out of his bag, straps it on his back atop the bag within ready reach and is prepared to follow orders. Then, using one hand to shade his eyes, he looks to see if he can see the person Ollie is talking about from his vantage point, using Sybil's Sight.
DaevaDude
DaevaDude

Back to top Go down

Post by Fractured Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:27 pm

"One guy, huh?" Tug sounds disappointed. He casts about to make sure Ollie didn't mean a horde of zombies, instead. Oh, well. He looks at his brother. "Ready, Falx?"
Fractured
Fractured

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelreth Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:26 pm

Falx hangs up the phone. "Ya we're good to go. Ollie and Ryan and Teegan are down here so lets go." He starts to walk towards the parkour building.
Kelreth
Kelreth

Back to top Go down

Post by West Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:31 pm

~~Narration~~

Orphan sees the indistinct figure, lost in the shadow of the building. His Sybil's Sight flickers and wavers on it, as if they're fates are still separate, but potentially intertwined.
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Premsyl Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:39 pm

Ollie sees Orphan look in the man's direction and he gets the feeling that Orphan sees him to.

"Come on, let's go."

Ollie jogs after Falx, falling into step with him.
Premsyl
Premsyl

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosyn Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:44 pm

Teegan moves with Falx and Ollie, keeping her sights focused in the direction of the shadowy man hoping to catch a glimpse of him as well.
Rosyn
Rosyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Fractured Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:00 pm

Tug walks behind everyone, craning his neck in every direction as he walks to make sure they are not ambushed on the approach, hands in his pockets.
Fractured
Fractured

Back to top Go down

Post by West Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:02 am

~~Narration~~

The figure notices them approaching, and turns to walk around the building, out of sight.

(( Everyone can take one more Action before he disappears ))
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DaevaDude Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:42 am

As soon as he notices the shadowy figure, Orphan says "Wait a moment... there's something strange about this guy's connection to Fate... give me a few moments to analyze."
Spoiler:

Orphan then tries to learn more about this potential intertwining between his Fate and that of this shadowy figure.
Spoiler:
DaevaDude
DaevaDude

Back to top Go down

Post by Premsyl Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:17 am

The guy was turning around, walking away.

Not so fast, asshole

As he breaks into a run he forms an Imago in his mind. In it he imagined himself moving a bit faster down the river of Time, gifting him with magical speed and prowess.
Spoiler:
He dashes forward, slipping through time, speeding up before his comrades and running far ahead of them.
Premsyl
Premsyl

Back to top Go down

Post by Fractured Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:19 am

[color]If these two Enchanters think there's something up with this guy, I believe 'em. Tug puts everything he's got into stopping the stranger from escaping, and he imagines the figure's brain flood with fear even as he summons some of the Luck he'd bestowed upon himself for his spell-casting...

Spoiler:

...but it isn't enough, "Dammit!"[/color]
Fractured
Fractured

Back to top Go down

Post by West Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:31 am

~~Narration~~

Orphan's Scrutiny reveals the presence of skillful, powerful Death magic surrounding the figure, and his Interconnections solidifies the link as Ollie takes off running and approaches it. Their Fates are now intertwined, although the link on the figure's side is shadowy, and vague... as if it's Fate isn't true, or will always be unfulfilled.

Tug's spell reaches out, but seems to have no effect, the threads of Life sliding off of the figure's Pattern.

Ollie catches up just as he reaches the corner of the building. Yelling at the figure to stop, Ollie slows as it halts. The hoodied figure turns, leading with it's oddly canted head until he faces Ollie.

Logos' pale face and dead, black eyes regard Ollie impassively.
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Premsyl Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:45 am

"HOLY SHIT FUCK!"

Ollie jumps back, nearly falling over his own flailing legs. He backs off, holding his hands up, his heart is pounding in his chest. "Oh my God, oh my God, oh my God... Logos?"

What the fuck was he expecting him to say? "Hi, Ollie! Pleasant evening!" Logos was dead. This wasn't him.

Still, this was really scary. He takes another cautious step back.
Premsyl
Premsyl

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosyn Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:48 am

Teegan tosses her jacket off and brings her MP5 to her shoulder. Staring down the sights she aims it at the unknown figure that Ollie just ran for. Her finger moves to the trigger when Ollie yells out but she holds, waiting to see what happens up ahead.
Rosyn
Rosyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelreth Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:20 am

Falx watches Ollie run at the man. "Well so much for staying together....." He glances at his bro. "Tug play time." And starts to run to Ollie.
Kelreth
Kelreth

Back to top Go down

Post by jmiland1 Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:15 am

Joshua comes off the ladder, watching nearly everyone jogging towards the parkour building and the creepy guy. He considers for a moment, and then starts walking.
Why rush? If the six of them couldn't handle one guy, he and Brutus rushing into the fray probably wouldn't help any.
Taking a quick look around to make sure they were alone in the park, he pulls each handgun in turn, checking that they are loaded, chambered, and ready. When he sees Ollie start running, and hears yelling a few moments later, Joshua finally stops walking. He breaks into an even jog.
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Post by Fractured Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:53 am

Dammit, Ollie, Tug thinks, what the hell are you standing there for? You don't reason with zombies. You don't chat with them. You don't stammer uselessly at them. You smash them into pieces, then you find who's making the zombies, and you smash them into pieces. Especially if they're using Arrow-heads.

Tug charges at the unnatural being, intent on putting an oversized fist through its face. It's clobberin' time.

Spoiler:
Fractured
Fractured

Back to top Go down

Post by West Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:26 am

(( Everyone was walking until Ollie took off, if I'm not mistaken. I compressed time a bit to let Orphan get off the Actions I was interrupting with my post, and Ollie took 3 Turns to reach Logos (who was 190M away) @ 72M/Turn.

That puts everyone else at roughtly 170M from the pair, and unable to see what Ollie is seeing -- those that ran after Ollie can subtract 3XRunning Speed (2xSpeed) from the 170M. I'll trust you all to sort it out, but it means that no one is likely to be closer than 20-25M from the pair.

Please roll Initative and also post the distance you've approximated. ))
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Darksider42 Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:41 am

Spoiler:
((Ryan is roughly 170M from Ollie and zombie Logos.))
Darksider42
Darksider42

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelreth Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:47 am

(Falx is 150M away-side note, meters?! hell ya
2009-06-17 10:46:24 Falx init rolls 1 die for initiative 7
total init: 13)
Kelreth
Kelreth

Back to top Go down

Post by Fractured Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:53 am

((Tug-speed (11x2)x3=66M travelled, 104M away))
Fractured
Fractured

Back to top Go down

Post by DaevaDude Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:57 am

Spoiler:

Orphan tries to sort out what his findings might mean even as he follows after the others, calling out "Wait, there's something strange... strong Death magic, and someone or something has twisted his Fate! Ollie approaching him has intertwined my Fate and his... and maybe Ollie's to his, or all our Fates and his!"

Orphan wonders if there might not be a chance to sort things out without violence... but then he hears Ollie call out the name of the Arrow who died in this park. He gets a sinking feeling, recognizing that his brother Arrow's soul has probably been bound into an undead form for some evil purpose, and that his own knowledge of Fate isn't strong enough to break that unnatural bond.

Spoiler:
[/spoiler]
DaevaDude
DaevaDude

Back to top Go down

Post by Khalvin Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:24 pm

Spoiler:

Brutus clambers down the ladder and waits for Josh at the bottom. Everyone takes off, but Brutus hold off on running for a strange figure until G.I. Joe gives further orders. This less an act of wisdom and more cowardice, but Brutus doesn't let it show. Hre follows behind the sentinel, keeping and eye out for trouble as they move past the park, shotgun at the ready.

Everyone hears Ollie cry out. and Josh breaksa into a faster jog. Brutus gives a sigh and does the same. A thought crosses his mind, if Ollie had stuck by Brutus' side this situation would be better controlled.
As he saw it Ollie took off and left his support behind. And now everyone had to push themselves out into the open to help him.

Never mind that Brutus would've done the same, Ollie was risking the group for his own goals. Brutus allows the every one else to worry over Ollie and his creep; he scans the area around the moving party of Arrows for any other creeps that might be forming a trap.

Spoiler:

He reignites his supernal vision but the chaoctic atmosphere is to distracting. Brutus gains little on the way of improving what he saw before.
Khalvin
Khalvin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelreth Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:01 pm

(scratch that, i was confused, Falx is 110 m away from Ollie.)
Kelreth
Kelreth

Back to top Go down

Post by West Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:05 pm

(( Need an Initiative roll from Ollie, -3 Mana for 3 Turns of Acceleration; must declare usage again to add to Initiative. ))
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next