Twilight Valley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Granite Park (Attn: Tug, Orphan, Teegan, Brutus, Joshua, Falx)

+6
Rosyn
Khalvin
West
Fractured
DaevaDude
Kelreth
10 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Granite Park (Attn: Tug, Orphan, Teegan, Brutus, Joshua, Falx) - Page 2 Empty Re: Granite Park (Attn: Tug, Orphan, Teegan, Brutus, Joshua, Falx)

Post by Kelreth Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:45 pm

(*smacks head* damn it i can't read, ignore the above post)

"I'm fine with it, just don't make it apocalyptic levels of bugs that will bring more people here."
Kelreth
Kelreth

Back to top Go down

Granite Park (Attn: Tug, Orphan, Teegan, Brutus, Joshua, Falx) - Page 2 Empty Re: Granite Park (Attn: Tug, Orphan, Teegan, Brutus, Joshua, Falx)

Post by Darksider42 Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:49 pm

Ryan followed Teegan around for awhile, really not sure what to expect. When they went back to the group, Ryan just listened to everything said. He couldn't understand some of the things said, but he could guess what it means and not be far off the mark. "Uh...Maybe there isn't anything up there for flies to eat?" Ryan said, trying to think up an answer to Tugs question.
Then he had to stop and look at Tug funny. "Your gonna attack people with bees?"
Darksider42
Darksider42

Back to top Go down

Post by Fractured Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:54 pm

"Mosquitos, maybe. Even a lot of flies could do it. I can control them. No one will even get hurt, they'll just want to leave," he clarifies.
Fractured
Fractured

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosyn Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:47 pm

Teegan seems put off by the bug idea to, she gives Tug a funny look similar to Ryan's. "Honey bees, maybe?" She asks with a laugh. Maybe Tug's got a rumbly in his tumbly.
Rosyn
Rosyn

Back to top Go down

Post by West Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:56 pm

~~Narration~~

Rain clouds on the horizon have steadily been moving closer, and the wind is picking up a bit.
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Premsyl Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:19 pm

Those clouds sure sprung up fast. It was eerie, and somewhat familiar. Ollie points to the rainclouds. "Awww shit. See, this is how it starts. Those clouds make me nervous."

He begins walking back over to Brutus. Mouthing 'What's your problem!?' at his obviously agitated expression.
Premsyl
Premsyl

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelreth Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:20 pm

"Wait, say that again." Falx calls after Ollie.
Kelreth
Kelreth

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosyn Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:25 pm

Teegan seems disturbed by the way Ollie talked about the approaching clouds and turns to look at them rolling across the sky. She puts her hand on the pistol holstered at her belt and looks as though she might quick draw and shoot the clouds down right out of the sky but she just stands there, watching them. "Well at least we don't have to clear the park..." She mumbles to no one in particular.
Rosyn
Rosyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Premsyl Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:27 pm

Ollie stops and turns "That night. As soon as Val, Guy, and me got to the park it started storming like a mother fucker. Couldn't even stay on our feet the ground got some muddy and slick. I'm not trying to freak y'all out. I'm just saying that storms in the park make my nervous, know what I mean?"
Premsyl
Premsyl

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelreth Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:30 pm

Falx nods, he had his own demons like that. "Ok." He looks at the others. "What do you all think? I can change the weather, well maybe can, if covert spells are causing paradox I can try."
Kelreth
Kelreth

Back to top Go down

Post by Premsyl Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:32 pm

Ollie shrugs "Do whatever you think, man. I know I'd rather be dry than get wet." He turns and starts again heading back over to Brutus.
Premsyl
Premsyl

Back to top Go down

Post by Fractured Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:34 pm

"My covert spells haven't triggered any 'dox. But, I also haven't tried to find anything directly."
Fractured
Fractured

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosyn Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:36 pm

Teegan nods at Falx, "If you can do it without endangering yourself then you should. In case there's a fight I really don't want to do it in the rain. It didn't help the group before it that's for sure..." She recalls the image of the rain falling all around the park making the grounds slick and the visibility bad from the memories that West showed them.
Rosyn
Rosyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:37 pm

Viktor was riding past the park on a borrowed motorcycle; one of his old friends lent it to him until he got his own. Otherwise, he'd have just zoomed straight past the place.

It was the brewing storm that drew his attention...his own control over the natural forces made him rather interested in nature itself. Some people called him a storm chaser; he just preferred to watch them. Viktor found a dry place to park, and found somewhere quiet to sit and watch the rain if it came.
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Darksider42 Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:49 pm

"So, we try to keep our guard up?" Ryan asked, starting to wonder if things are really starting to turn bad or not.
Darksider42
Darksider42

Back to top Go down

Post by DaevaDude Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:52 am

Orphan quickly disassembles his easel and stows his art supplies, including the metal box, in his bag, making sure his swords are within quick reach just inside the bag.

"It's hard to guard against lightning," Orphan says to the unfamiliar young man.

To Falx, he says "You're leader, your call, but if you can shift the weather, I'm all for that."

He turns and looks back at the rooftop, attempting to see if the resonance or anything else has changed there. As he does so, and considers options, he asks "Any of you Obrimos, do you know anything Prime that might be able to analyze or counter this Paradox effect?"
DaevaDude
DaevaDude

Back to top Go down

Post by jmiland1 Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:28 am

"Last time I heard about spells attracting more Paradox than they should have, some asshat took out three Pentacle magi with a rifle," Joshua says, looking to the roof of Logos' Building. "We need to have a team investigate that roof and figure out what is up there and hidden. It would be stretching coincidence too far to say that what's on that roof 'may' be connected--it's gotta be, somehow.
"According to Orphan, it seems likely that if there are any zombies coming, they're going to come from there," he adds, pointing to the parkour building. "So keep your eyes peeled that direction. If you can stop the rain, fine," Joshua says to Falx. "But I wouldn't spend too much time or energy on it; I'd think it could be better spent.
"Do we anyone on our teams that's good with Prime, that can investigate the rooftop?"
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Post by West Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:27 am

(( Wit+Com -5 from everyone, no WP option ))
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Khalvin Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:47 am

Brutus look to Ollie as he comes, but says nothing. He frowns a moment to himself before nooding his head and smiling at Ollie. Nope Brutus is fine and happy.

Scary rain? Wind that was windy? Brutus thought maybe everyone was a bit jumpy. "Lead the way man." Brutus says with a wave of his arm. He falls in step behind the skater.
He studies the Parkour building as they walk. Just because that magic came from the ground didn't mean it was cast there. Someone had watched the whole fight while directing the brain-less masses. But from where? Tha Parkour Building was the tallest structure around, and he heard about the spells at it's base. This should get interesting
Khalvin
Khalvin

Back to top Go down

Post by Khalvin Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:50 am

Spoiler:
Khalvin
Khalvin

Back to top Go down

Post by Darksider42 Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:58 am

Spoiler:
Darksider42
Darksider42

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelreth Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:56 am

Falx shakes his head. "I am only an Apprentice of Prime." He looks at Teegan. "What level of Forces have you attained? If it does start raining and someone tries to use it as cover, we can call lightening down on them. It will go vulgar at some point, but it might work out." He looks at the approaching rain. "Though I'm not sure"

Control Weather roll-Hes only trying to make it so it does rain, but still wants the storm clouds.
Spoiler:

WP roll
Spoiler:

Falx frowns. "Couldn't get the spell to work the first time."
Kelreth
Kelreth

Back to top Go down

Post by jmiland1 Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:43 am

Spoiler:
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:16 pm

Spoiler:
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Fractured Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:21 pm

Spoiler:
Fractured
Fractured

Back to top Go down

Post by DaevaDude Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:50 pm

Spoiler:
DaevaDude
DaevaDude

Back to top Go down

Post by Premsyl Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:03 pm

Spoiler:
Premsyl
Premsyl

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosyn Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:18 pm

Spoiler:
Rosyn
Rosyn

Back to top Go down

Post by West Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:30 pm

~~Narration~~

Falx can't seem to concentrate enough to get his spell off, and the others continue to watch him and the park guests that are beginning to disperse.

The incoming clouds begin to drift across the sinking sun and the alternating shade and sun seem like a strobe light in slow motion.

Judging by the clouds, it'll be a light rain, although the wind is a bit more than a breeze now.
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DaevaDude Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:51 pm

"What's the plan?" Orphan asks, looking back and forth between Falx and Joshua. "Who's going up on the roof and who's going to watch for zombies and provide backup for the roof team?"

Orphan isn't liking how things are developing here with the storm, and he isn't in any hurry to have a repeat of what happened to the last group in the park, so he grasps the lucky charm he wears around his neck and attempts to call upon some luck, figuring he and the others might need it.

((OOC - Going for Superlative Luck; Rote + using magical tool would normally reduce Paradox to chance die, but there's the weird 'Dox effect going on, so what is the Paradox roll?))
DaevaDude
DaevaDude

Back to top Go down

Post by West Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:55 pm

(( Normal 'dox pool +1 (Vulgar cast in Scene already) -1 Rote -1 Tool ))
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DaevaDude Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:57 pm

Spoiler:

Orphan says to Falx "I managed to give myself pretty good luck, at least for a few shots. I can save that for a bit, or I can try to spread the luck to some of the others... but if covert stuff still brings down Paradox, that could end up backfiring on all of us, making it tougher to pull off any sort of magic and risking significant Paradox effects."
DaevaDude
DaevaDude

Back to top Go down

Post by jmiland1 Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:26 pm

"Plan is this," Joshua says, deciding to take charge. Sorry, Falx. "My group--Brutus, Teegan, Ollie, Ryan, me--will go up the ladder to investigate the rooftop. Bigger group means a bigger spread of Paths, which means more Arcana available to study with. Falx's group will stay at the bottom of the ladder to make sure nothing comes up. If something should happen, and it looks like you're going to get outnumbered, you get inside the building and create a defensive position. Keep yourselves safe.
"If zombies do start coming up the ladder, it will be a good chokepoint. They have to come up one at a time, they can't surround us." He looks around. "Any objections, comments, questions? Make them quick."
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelreth Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:52 pm

Falx nods in agreement. "Sounds good"

(jmiland1-im trying to rp Falx as seeing Joshua as higher ranked even though they are the same because he has been in the city longer and is a sentinel. So Falx will listen to Joshua and follow what he says unless he thinks that something is wrong with it)
Kelreth
Kelreth

Back to top Go down

Post by Fractured Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:16 pm

Tug nods along, and as he watches the sun slowly sinking and the clouds gather overhead, realizes the eyes he was born with are insufficient to the task of a sentry. First, he stops watching the Spirit world, since he hadn't seen anything important there, then puts on his brass knuckles. He chants as quietly as possible in the Living Tongue.

In his imagination, he seizes upon a panther in an ancient jungle, and wrestles with it until it agrees to let him borrow whatever he desires. He releases his spell through his hand weapons, and waits to see if he gets hit with Paradox...

Spoiler:

...but even as it sneaks past the Abyss, Tug's concentration falters momentarily, and he is only able to take possession of the great cat's eyes. He frowns in disappontment and says, "I'm as ready as I'm gonna be."
Fractured
Fractured

Back to top Go down

Post by Premsyl Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:55 pm

Ollie sighs. This will be the second time he's climbed up that rickety fire escape.

It's gonna suck being up there in the wind.

"Hey, Ryan. Are you sure you're up to this?"
Premsyl
Premsyl

Back to top Go down

Post by Darksider42 Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:06 am

"I think so..." Ryan said as he looked up at the building and the took note of the wind. Why do I have a bad feeling about this?
Darksider42
Darksider42

Back to top Go down

Post by West Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:05 pm

~~Narration~~

Brutus, Teegan, Ollie, Ryan, & Joshua ascend the metal tube fire escape. It's rickety, and five people on it shake it quite a bit. More than one pair of eyes find themselves watching the masonry screws that affix it to the side of the building. Everyone makes it up without incident, but it's not something you'd want to have to do in a rush.

The top of the building has a a nice view of Granite Park; the fountain, the mysterious building, everything laid out nice and neat. There are a few rust-colored stains near the edge of the building, which Ollie remembers.

There's a breeze, but nothing serious -- just enough to keep insects away.
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jmiland1 Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:16 pm

"All right, let's do this quick," Joshua says once everyone is up and settled. "I want to get down before the rain starts pouring."
To Ryan he says, "You're here more for the experience than anything else. I'm going to improve your perceptions so you can see what we're talking about. Everyone else, find that disturbance Orphan was talking about, and see what you can find out."
Joshua puts a hand on Ryan's shoulder and closes his eyes, using the High Speech to help him weave a spell of sight on the young man.

Spoiler:
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Post by Premsyl Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:56 pm

"I feel bad for whoever had to come up here and clean up. The corpse was so rank, and there were, like, a billion flies. Guh."

He shakes his head, looking pale for a second.
Premsyl
Premsyl

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosyn Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:16 pm

Teegan nods to Joshua and thinks, I do NOT want to climb that thing in the rain, as she stalks away from the others. Screw the rain I just want that skater guy to quit creeping me out... She seems pretty determined to quickly find something and get going.

Spoiler:
Rosyn
Rosyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Khalvin Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:59 pm

Spoiler:

The group moves and everyone grabs the ladder one at a time. Brutus slings his shotgun over his shoulder, his eyes tightly shut. He fliches everytime the ladder groarns, but makes it to the top.

Brutus concentrates on the roof. He feels the pressence of his team mates on the roof and the team below. But nothing unseen. He drops the spell and tries a new. But gains no additional insight. Again he tries. but the coming storm and his own nerves prove too much and. Using what little prespective he has, he combs the rooftop. Shotgun at the ready.
Khalvin
Khalvin

Back to top Go down

Post by DaevaDude Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:15 pm

Closer now to the parkour building, Orphan tries to pinpoint the source of the death magic detected earlier, and also attempts to get a closer look at where he saw the shadows from which he saw the zombies emerge during his Postcognition.

((OOC: Can Orphan attempt to analyze the Resonance again since I'm closer now and have a different vantage point? If not, I have a few other ideas, though nothing likely to give the same information as mage sight/resonance might provide.))
DaevaDude
DaevaDude

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelreth Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:30 pm

Falx leans next to the ladder the others climbed to the roof. He tries to look nonchalant while he scans around the area.
Kelreth
Kelreth

Back to top Go down

Post by West Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:33 pm

(( It's the same Target (Resonance), so a vantage point or range change isn't going to yield anything new. ))
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fractured Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:15 pm

Tug continues to prepare himself for whatever the night brings. Since he doesn't expect to be attacked by any living beings tonight, he no longer needs to view the Tapestry through the Supernal. He concentrates instead on waking the dormant spirit of the brass knuckle on his right hand, which he kisses gently before whispering words of power...

Spoiler:

...but its violent nature, coupled with Tug's relative inexperience with the Spirit Arcanum, makes it resistant to entertain his favor. Undeterred, he speaks in the High Tongue again, and this time, the spirit stirs. He grins at it with satisfaction.

Finally, Tug decides that since he doesn't really know what to expect, a little Luck couldn't hurt. He speaks the Living Words again, remembers the rush of unfettered success, tastes the Mana he puts into the spell as cold lightning on his tongue, and performs the hand mudra necessary to complete the rote...

Spoiler:

It'll be enough for now. He nods at Orphan and Falx in satisfaction, and continues his watch.
Fractured
Fractured

Back to top Go down

Post by jmiland1 Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:47 pm

Satisfied the spell will hold, Joshua turns from Ryan and scans the rooftop for the disturbance Orphan mentioned. He focuses his sight, trying to see what Grim Sight can tell him about the roof and any magic that may be up here.

Spoiler:
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Post by West Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:39 pm

~~Narration~~

Joshua feels the cold, oppressive weight of death, almost visible around the dark stains. Looking around the roof, he also runs into the same indistinct haze that stymied Orphan.

Someone's definitely been using Veiling magics.
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Premsyl Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:00 am

"So... Why did we come up here, again? Did we figure anything out yet?"

Ollie walks over to the edge and looks out over the park.
Premsyl
Premsyl

Back to top Go down

Post by West Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:02 am

(( Ollie PER -5 ))
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next