Twilight Valley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EMERGENCY DAEVA MEETING

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

EMERGENCY DAEVA MEETING Empty EMERGENCY DAEVA MEETING

Post by Guest Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:27 pm

Elle spends the entire night getting things ready for the emergency meeting of the Daeva. She works hard, having found an excellent hotel to use a suite in, one that was originally a CEO's meeting room is now something quite different. She has made it into a Daeva Meeting Room. The walls are hung with black silk, light muted and half of the white bulbs replaced with deep burgundy. She has rented deeply apholstered chairs in rich vibrant colors setting them evenly beside a round table, not wanting anyone to feel as though one is above another. Soft music plays in the background and the overal atmosphere is one of opulence. I would have done more if there had been more time. she thinks, then sighs, this is the best she could do for the moment, and hopefully her Clan would accept it.

She is wearing a jaw dropping dress and heels, her insanly perfect form complemented perfectly. She seats herself on the arm of the chair watching the clock tick closer to 9 and hoping that her txt reached everyone that it should.

Back to top Go down

EMERGENCY DAEVA MEETING Empty Re: EMERGENCY DAEVA MEETING

Post by Guest Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:08 pm

Charles did not know this woman but he felt if this would be a good way to meet the other Daeva in the city. he enters the room he was impressed by what this Elle Woman had done worthy of the suffocation and style of the Daeva clan "but does she act the part she wishes to imply" he wanders to himself.

seeing Elle, he bows Deeply "Good Evening madam, I am Mr. Charles Cornelius Black." he could feel the beast rage a little in side of him. "May I ask who you are?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:19 pm

Good evening... she purrs silkily, I am Elle Moraine, the Daeva whip, please, have a seat while we wait for the others, thank you for coming. she comments, gesturing graciously to the comfy chairs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:29 pm

Charles sits at the head of the table. this was not an Invictus meeting but Twist was not here that gave him a clue that something was up and if it turned out that the Daeva were going to need a new Priscus he wanted get as much power he could from this.

"So Miss.Moraine how long have you been in the city?" Charles says with a smile.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:21 pm

Rahyna comes into the hotel and finds the room where the meeting is supose to be held she enters the room and looks around seeing only a woman and Charles Black well being that the text she recieved had not come from Charles she assuemed that the woman was the one hosting this evenings meeting she walks up to her and extends a hand.
"Good evening I am Rahyna the Primogen Harpy thank you for offering your hospitality." smiling pleasently she looks around once more "I do not see Twist is she not here yet?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:25 pm

Elle nods deferentially to the woman and shakes her hand firmly, she likes the look of this one, not tying to be all suave like that infernal Mr. Charles, just lovely and business like.

"Of course Madame Harpy," Elle smiles widely, "thank you so much for attending I deeply appreciate it."

"That is one of the reasons for the meeting, and if it is not too impertinent of me, I would be very grateful to wait until all of our family has arrived to discuss Lady Twist." she murmurs, not trying to be rude at all, just figuring it is better to do it all at once.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:08 pm

by how Elle did not answer his attempt at chit chat he desisted that it wold be wise to shut up at the moment. was he being to formal perhaps, "this was not an Invictus meeting" he remind himself he did not need to be so high strung at the moment. when Rahyna found her seat, he said "good evening Madame Harpy." he says pleasantly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:00 pm

"Oh no trouble at all though I do hope all is well with her." she leaves the statement at that and turns to the table where the chairs have been put out around the table picking a chair that faces the door so she can see who is coming in she sits and looks over to Charles "Good evening Mr. Black I do hope all is well with you and that you have become acquainted with your family since the last time I spoke with you."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:08 pm

he speaks with a hint of a southern accent "yes I did thank you for asking and thank you for giving me that contact Information I have met them and the first thing they had me do was arrange a party for them."

he Laughs "I guess if you want to throw a party you have to call a Daeva. which reminds me..."

Charles looks over at Elle "Miss. Moraina, I like what you have done with this room if very Beautiful."

he could sense that Elle was annoyed with and maybe commenting on what she had done to make the clan feel more comfortable would maybe make things less tense for them. he did not want to make enemies with his own clan.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:21 pm

Thank you... It was short notice, I assure you that the future meetings will be met with much more opulence.
she says, nodding graciously, getting a little anxious waiting for the others and considering just starting the meeting.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:35 pm

Reed was looking a bit more presentable as he knock on the door and allow himself in. He took a moment to look at the room - with the maroon lights and the back drapes - a small twitch of a smile appeared briefly on his lips. He stamped it out - it was bad form - he was the late party.

His eyes closed briefly as the beast within was stirring to some in the room, but he felt safe enough to calm the beast down, after all he was with his 'cousin'.

"
My apologize for being late, I was in the middle of errand when I heard about the meeting." He replied, "Allow me to introduce myself, I am Reed Hyland, and a pleasure to meet you."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:46 pm

I am pleased that you came, as it is getting late I will begin the meeting. she comments, then gets right to the meat of the reason they are all there.

As all of you can see, Lady Twist is not present. As her whip, she informed me last night that she had to leave abruptly and return home with her loyal friend Kalos. She does not know how long she will be gone on this very emotional and unexpected journey, and as such has asked me to hold her seat as Daeva Priscus while she is gone. Please note, that she is most definitely returning, and I am only holding the position as her loyal friend and devoted whip until she comes home to us. she says proudly, conviction and loyalty to her clan burning in her gaze.

Back to top Go down

Post by West Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:57 pm

Svana enters the meetin room and looks around. "My apologies for being late. I have just come to this city and just heard of the meeting. Did I miss anything important?"
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:36 am

Elle looks over at the new arrival.

Welcome, she smiles, I am Elle Moraine the Priscus of our clan, please have a seat and I would be happy to answer any questions that you have in just a moment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:42 am

Reed took the opportunity to find a seat as he listened to Moraine explanation of the Seneschal absence. As he was sitting another cousin appeared in the meeting and watched the exchange.

He hoped that the meeting had more to it then just the announcement for Twist's absence and Moraine's temporary position as the clan's Priscus. It should prove informative. He thought.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:10 am

Rahyna found all of this puzzling and most interesting she looks at Elle with as a look of confusion passes over her face momentarily Would Twist really leave town and tell only one person I don't know her well enough to make that assumption I wonder if Karsh has herd of this he is the Prince's Harpy after all and should be privy to this news I mean this leaves not only our Priscus position open but also that of the Seneshal and that could be a very bad thing. she muses over her thoughts for moment and then raises "Mrs. Moraine will you excuse me for just one moment." she doesn't wait for a response but gets up from her chair and goes outside the door to send a text message and then comes back in less than a minuet latter and sits back in her seat.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:17 am

[Sorry this is late; Yeah...Drama and stuff]

Jason Andrews
(Mask of Tranquility, Aspect of the Predator, Striking Looks 2 (Edgy), Smells of Cloves and Lavender)

Emergency Meeting.

Wonderful. Not that I mind meeting with family most of the time, but I don't quite fit the stereotype. Sure, I'm pretty. My sire and the face in the mirror (when I bother to will it visible) tell me that. But otherwise I just don't quite scream 'Incubus' most of the time.

Usually, I scream 'Savage' or 'Shadow'. I blame it on eleven years as--pretty much--a nomad, and too much time around Shadows.

I like Shadows. They don't annoy me.

So here I am. I haven't dressed the part because really, what's the point? I look like a little boy playing dress-up. A 'thug' trying to play 'gentleman'. Doesn't hurt much that even dressed the way I am (Designer jeans, riding boots, and my riding jacket), I'm still not so bad looking.

Road-dust and all.

However, I'm hoping no one will bitch. It's toted as an 'Emergency', for crying out loud. Not like I had time to go home and go through my closet for the 'perfect' thing to wear. I have a job now, after all.

I'm a Hound, right? Or something close to it.

So I enter on time, listen to the whole 'Seneschal is going to...somewhere and I'm her psuedo-replacement so you should all kiss my ass' speech. Which makes me sad because rumor has it she was alot like me.

A hottie who can kick ass and take names.

Introductions abound, and I raise a hand gloved in a fingerless leather riding glove, even as I take a breath and take in scents. That's important, after all.

Taking in scents.

"Jason Andrews. Bloodhound."

Because really?

Calling myself a 'Perfumer' sounds like something my sire would say.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:41 pm

Elle nods to the new arrival and to Rahyna leaving.

She looks over to Black to see if he has any questions then forges on.

The other item of business here is to spread the news that one of our own, Gabriel Marcus, has been apprehended in a blood hunt that I participated in. Sherriff Ishani Naetesh took him in.

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:20 pm

Marius had only received the message at the last minute, but he wasn't about to skip out on meeting the other Daeva in this city.
He found the room easily enough and knocking once, entered. He wore a simple black shirt, and white cotton pants, his hair at its full length, falling in soft waves down to his shoulder.
He scanned the room with his iridescent eyes, content with how alluring most of them looked.
"Good evening, and my apologies for being late. My name is Mars Delven." He wore a perfectly calm expression, a hint of curiosity in his eyes.
Soul
Soul

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:39 pm

No apology needed, she comments, looking around the group again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:34 pm

Rahyna looks around the room realizing that no one is going to question this woman's authority she stands and looks at Elle.
"Let me start by saying that I mean no offense in what I am about to ask but I feel it needs to be asked" taking a brief second to collect her thoughts she continues on "I am wondering how it is that you are the only one who seems to know that Twist has left town and that she conveniently can not be reached to corroborate your claim to the position of Priscus it all seems a little strange to me." again Rahyna took another moment for her words to reach all that were in attendance before she continued "What proof do you have that you are not the reason for the sudden uproot of our Priscus and Seneshal?" with that last question Rahyna took her seat again with a look on her face that was unreadable.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:44 pm

Elle smiles at Rahyna, having expected some resistance.

I take no offense to what you say Madame Harpy, of course. I dont believe that what Lady Twist and I say to eachother or agree upon in the privacy of our bedroom is of consequence. Suffice to say, that I am her closest friend and confidant, to put it delicately, and the emergency was so pressing that she had time only to tell me just as she left. Elle replies calmly.

What proof? What proof would you like from any of us to be reassured that they are not the reason she is gone? You could request the same from anyone, a bum on the street, or me. Unless of course you are questioning the orders of our noble Senechal who appointed me in her absense to be the priscus of our clan and lead in her absense. I certainly would not want to be the one who disobeyed Lady Twist while she was away. Who knows what her mood will be when she returns from such a trying journey. And let us not forget that she has the ear of our Illustrious Prince who does not take kindly to those who disobey within their clan. Elle comments.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:06 pm

Reed's eyes flicker toward the new arrival - wondering if all of them decided to play who can come the latest. His gaze strayed to the others - taking the opportunity to memorize their faces - if not their names - which hopefully, he would learn by the end of the meeting.

Reed continued to keep a nonchalant face as he listened.

Pillow-friends. He wondered.

The real question was - who was going to take the absence Seneschal position while Madam Twist was gone on her emotional journey. He kept an ear out for the things that were not being said. He had to smile - using another's name to hold authority within the group - made her less than she could have been.

Perhaps, that was just his opinion.

"Thank you for your enlightening reply, Madam Moraine, I'm quite sure that Madam Harpy was just voicing the doubts within the room as it her right per her station - and felt that such misunderstanding would be better cleared up before rumors sprouted around. I'm sure the Prince will make such announcement in the next court." He said, giving Madam Harpy a polite nod, before turning his attention back to Moraine. "I felt that there is more that you wish to tell us. I believe you were discussing about Gabriel Marcus - and his capture?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:43 pm

Of course, I take no offense from our Harpy, I am just trying to explain to the best of my ability. It is of course very distressing to have Lady Twist absent. And I am sure the Prince will decide on a temporary Senechal as well at the mandatory court. she nods.

As for our cousin Gabriel Marcus I participated in the blood hunt for him and he was apprehended and taken by our Sherriff to be detained. My guess is that this mandatory court is concerning his punishment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:11 pm

"No one is doubting your closeness to Twist but you have contradicted yourself in your statements that she only had enough time to tell you as she was leaving the bed you claim to share and then in the next breath you claim she has the ear of the prince well apparently she felt your ear was more alluring in this instance so by your account the prince is unaware of her absence therefore your claim to Priscus is quite unfounded." Rahyna pauses for a brief moment and looks at all of those in attendance "I am not claiming that she did not say these things to you but many things are said in the heat of ones passions that are later regretted once the sun goes down the following day and as many know the Davea is a fickle creature and can change their mind in the blink of an eye and perhaps her not letting the Harpies of the city know of her absence and replacement is her way of showing that her mind has changed."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:18 pm

As the senechal she always has the ear of the prince, you misunderstood the intention of my statement. I am the only one she informed that she was leaving. I also tried to make clear that I was not replacing her, rather I am just keeping things in order until her return. she replies, staying calm and collected.

Then please let me know what you suggest we do Madame Harpy... I am only trying to do what is best for our clan, and follow Lady Twist's wishes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:27 pm

Rahyna looks at Elle and smiles at her
"Mrs. Maraine I hope you do not misunderstand my questions with all that has been going on in the city one can not be too careful even within ones own clan and if my assumption is correct and the Prince is not aware of the seneshals' absence then I am sure he or his other advisors will have some of the same questions for you that I have asked since you are claiming to be the last one to see her and you are claiming that she left you in charge while she is away." Rahyna takes a deep breath before continuing "Back to what you say about trying to do what is best for the clan please enlighten us on what you feel that is in Twists absences?"

Back to top Go down

Post by West Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:37 pm

Svana listened to the exchange and realized she was bored. Obviously this Elle person seems to think she has the right to claim the Priscus position.

Svana looks around the room and notes the looks of doubt, nevermind the Hapry's? out spoken words of denial.

The factthat both women were speaking in circles as to not directly offend the other was tedious. Why can't these people ever say what they mean without a mass amount of useless babble before hand?

"If the Seneschal left the city without informing anyone of importance, like the Prince, what makes you think she is coming back at all?"
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:41 pm

Whoa, wait....

What?

Fickle? 'Daeva are Fickle'? I hadn't heard generalities like that since fuckin' Vegas, and I kicked that little motherfuckers ass.

Because I am not fickle.

High-Strung, maybe....but most definitely not fickle.

"I was a Priscus once. It sucked. Have fun with that job. It's thankless."

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:51 pm

Marius had sat down and listened to the back and forth like the others, but was quickly growing bored out of his mind. There was no debate here, as by the usual laws in kindred society, Elle was not going to be anything more than a whip, until the Prince decided otherwise.
At least he would see the others' reactions, and learn a bit about this lot.
Thankfully he soon saw, that he wasn't the only one not interested in politics. He would see how things develop from here on.
Soul
Soul

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:00 pm

Thank you for your concern Madame Harpy, I appreciate it. Of course if you would prefer to take over the position as Priscus? Elle raises a perfectly arched brow. The only thing that is currently important to our clan is to show at the mandatory Court, it is short notice, and therefore must be very important to our Prince. My only focus now is to make sure that we are all there and well represented.

Elle turns and addresses Svana.

That is an excellent question... I do not know when she expects to come back, but I am under the hope and understanding that she is in fact planning to return, I just do not know when.

Thank you for your positive input.. she comments at Jason.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:08 pm

I grin.

"No sweat."

Gotta love the sarcasm. It's not my job to be 'positive'. This is not fucking ponies and rainbows. We're undead blood-drinking monsters of the night.

If they want a cheerleader, they should go watch Bring It On.

The politics are about as evolved as what's going one here.

Back to top Go down

Post by West Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:19 pm

Svana sighs. "Pardon my rudeness but this entire conversation is moot. The Priscus has no authoruity to appoint another one for the clan when he or she steps down. It is the choice of the entire clan, not the former Priscus. So, where as your claims may be true that the former Priscus wished you to resume her duties, it is not valid in any sense. So, how would we like to decide a new Priscus?"
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:43 pm

Rahyna looks around the room once more and offers her suggestion "I feel that as civilized beings we should put it to a vote it may seem simple but it seems pretty effective for the most part."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:52 pm

Yes that is true Svana, but in no way did Twist step down. her voice has a blade thin edge to it.

I am just keeping an eye out for the well being of our clan while she is gone. She has not stepped down. Twist is still the Priscus.
she locks gazes with Svana.

Back to top Go down

Post by West Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:52 pm

Svana nods. "That would be effective, however I do not feel I have the right to cast a vote. I am new and unacknowledged, therefore I do not have a say in the running of the clan in this city. I came to be sure my family would know I am here and I plan to stay."
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:04 pm

"I can not vote either, as I neither want the position, nor do I know any of you well enough to make that kind of judgment. The Prince should simply be informed about the absence of Twist, then he can decide on the matter." Marius' words were calm and his face indifferent.
"If we vote now, then on whether we want to elect a new Priscus, should Twist not return in a reasonable time frame, or tell the Prince that we would leave Twist as Priscus for the time being, unless he wished otherwise."
If Twist was going to be absent for too long, then they would have no other choice but to elect a new Priscus; otherwise the Daeva's reputation was on the line. And that was never good thing to loose in a large city.
Soul
Soul

Back to top Go down

Post by West Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:10 pm

Svana looks at Marius. "Oh? Your Prince is Daeva and he is not present?"
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:11 pm

Rahyna looked around at the room full of people and the aggravation she was feeling began to show plainly on her face "Twist left the city therefor she has forfeit all positions she held weather she told you different matters not as she did not tell anyone of note or importance there fore we are to hold a vote to see whom the new priscus of the clan is anyone who feels that they are to believe the word of this person feel free to vote for her for those who feel the prince should name our priscus that is quite absurd he is not part of our clan and not that he doesn't deserve the respect of his position but this is more of an internal matter than one to be decided by the prince."

Rahyna took a deep breath and awaited the responses of the room.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:18 pm

"How do we know she didn't tell the Prince?"

Maybe I hadn't been listening to the entire conversation, but as far as I was concerned, that was the be all, end all, right there. If she told the Prince she was leaving for personal business, but she'd be back, then that's the way it was.

"And...if you'll pardon me. I have a House with members in other cities. If say...My Sire--God keep him safe during his Eclipse--were to suddenly wake and I was called away for....say....a month, that I'd be forfeiting any position I might have, even if I've talked to the Prince?

"Or did I miss someone saying that she hadn't spoken to the Prince? Because if I did, I'll just STFU right now."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:20 pm

Elle bites her tongue.

As you wish then, please let us vote. she silences herself then and sits, draping her form across her chair.

Back to top Go down

Post by West Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:23 pm

Svana turns to Jason and motions to Elle. "According to Miss Moraine, the Seneschal only told her that she was leaving and no one else. Therefore, she did not inform the Prince. However, has anyone asked the Prince himself to find out if he is aware his Seneschal is missing?"

She looks at Rahyna. "They called you Harpy, is this true? Can you not then contact the Prince and ask him? Because Mister Andrews has a very valid point."
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:27 pm

"Maybe we should hold off on this "vote" until we know if she's spoken to the Prince about her absence, yeah?"

And yes: I use air-quotes. While I might be the "Carthian-Sympathizing-Blueblood", I'm still Invictus, and take it from someone who grew up on the shittiest side of a city that someone could possibly grow up one.

Voting. Doesn't. Work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:29 pm

Rahyna looks at Svana and smiles at her "Why yes I can call the Prince." she pulls out her phone and begins to type out a text to him. If you will give me a moment we should know she says after hitting the send button.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:32 pm

Elle waits patiently, still looking pleasantly calm, her face a mask of tranquility.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:48 pm

Rahyna receives her answer from the prince very quickly and looks around the room once more and clearly states "The Prince is looking forward to see what our decision will be on Saturday there fore as I stated we are to vote on whom the Priscus will be." she smiles at Elle "Any more objections or questions."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:53 pm

Wonderful I am so glad that you cleared that up for us Madame Harpy... Elle says, her voice again a silky caress rather than the blade of before.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:01 pm

{Need everyone to roll Res+BP-3, PM me the result}

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:55 am

{Continue on}

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:38 pm

"So we vote." Marius stifled a yawn, and looked around at the faces gathered. He didn't know any of them, beyond a 'Hi' and 'Bye'.
"I suggest that whoever aspires to be considered for the position of Priscus to step forward and briefly state why they wish to speak for our family. An audition if you will."
Soul
Soul

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next