Twilight Valley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weary Folk Stop to Sit and Chat

4 posters

Go down

Weary Folk Stop to Sit and Chat Empty Weary Folk Stop to Sit and Chat

Post by tsameti Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:45 pm

Old Ironsides bar

Grobbler sits down at the bar, furthest he can from the other patrons. He left a note with Edna so that the others would know where to go. His trip to The Four Seasons had surprised him a little, but that wasn't a bad thing. He felt confident that things were looking up.

He fishes into his pocket for his slim wad of spending cash when suddenly he is struck by a thought that hasn't crossed his mind in years. Maybe I should clean up and find a job... He tries to rationalize where the idea comes from. After all, if he finds Sarah he can't let her see him like this. Yea. He'll try to put things together again, but just for her sake.
tsameti
tsameti

Back to top Go down

Weary Folk Stop to Sit and Chat Empty Re: Weary Folk Stop to Sit and Chat

Post by Forn Clakes Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:07 am

After spending a morning teaching some kids how to play guitar, Pryderi feels a bit thirsty and heads into Old Ironsides for a drink, his guitar strapped to his back. As soon as he enters, he recognises Grobbler and moves over to him, keeping a respectable distance.

"Hey, man, would you like a drink? I'll get the first round."
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by tsameti Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:13 pm

"Like I'd say no to that! Come on man, saved you a chair."

Grobbler gives him a wry smile.

"So how did apologizing to half the city go?"
tsameti
tsameti

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:16 pm

"Hehe, I'm not to sure it did in all truth. I'll tell you about it if you're bored or I'm too drunk," Pryderi says, laughing. "What's you're poison," he asks, pointing to the bar.
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by tsameti Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:34 pm

"High Life is fine. If you're offering something fancy then Whiskey on the Rocks would be great."

Grobbler swivels his stool as far as it turns to get a sense of the bar's ambiance.

"You know, everywhere I look I keep running into people who just got here, or you know, just got back back. So where you from, man? You been here in Sacramento a long time, or are you new?"
tsameti
tsameti

Back to top Go down

Post by suburbanamnesia Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:39 pm

Marilee pulls up outside the bar, abruptly stopping the decrepit old motorbike she'd bought used last week. It comes to a stop with a rumble and a clank, and she rolls her eyes. She's got to fix the stupid thing - it won't do to have the owner of a auto repair shop riding a bike that looks like it'd fall apart at the slightest provocation.

Right. Social interaction. Lee takes a deep breath, steeling her resolve, and walks into the bar. There are two changeling guys already sitting up at the bar, conversing. She settles herself onto a bar stool, orders a beer from the bartender, and stretches out with an audible clank that makes her wince.

"Still getting used to that," she mutters to herself.
suburbanamnesia
suburbanamnesia

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:44 pm

Ordering two whiskeys, Pryderi turns to Grobbler, sighing at the lost memories. "Alot of it has gone with the Thorns. I know I was born in Wales and held a passion for music, especially rock and metal bands, like Metallica and Iron Maiden, you know."

Taking the drinks, Pryderi passes one to the Ogre before continuing. "The next thing I can recall is being part of a band and we were supporting someone 'round the States. It was while in Sacramento that I was taken." Taking a sip, Pryderi then asks, "How 'bout..." The sound of the clank along the bar makes him turn in his stool.
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by suburbanamnesia Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:50 pm

Shit. Nothing to be done about it now, Marilee thinks. Besides, the guys know why she's clanking, or they can guess.

"Hi! Sorry, it, uh, does that," she says, gesturing at the offending knee joint. "I'm Marilee - you can call me Lee. I'm new here, I guess." She stands up to extend a hand to the guy who turned around, and waves at the fellow he'd been talking to. Nothing, mercifully, clanks.
suburbanamnesia
suburbanamnesia

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:54 pm

"Well, I suppose the odd clank can be excused," Pryderi replies, winking and shaking the proffered hand. "My name's Pryderi. Don't worry, its Welsh, so the spit comes natural."
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by suburbanamnesia Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:59 pm

"I'm still getting used to it - the clanking, that is. It's not out of place around the shop, at least."

Marilee checks her pocketwatch, and sighs. "Speaking of the shop, I should be getting back there. The old bike needs some more work, and I think I've got an appointment coming up. I'll see you guys around, I hope!"

((OOC: Class time sneaks up on a person, my apologies! Hopefully we'll meet up again soon!))
suburbanamnesia
suburbanamnesia

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:02 pm

"Yeah, bye," he says, watching her leave with a quizzical look on his face. Turning back to Grobbler, Pryderi says, "What a peculiar young lady. Must'ave been something I said. Anyway, where was I?"
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by tsameti Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:02 pm

Grobbler always hates meeting new Changelings away from the safe zones, there's no way to vouch for them.

He hopes she's one of Pryderi's friends.

"Lee? Don't think I've seen you around," Grobbler shakes her hand lightly. His head crooks just a bit and he distrustfully tries to get a bead on her intentions, huge yellow eyes unblinking. "Mr Pretty, this a friend of yours?"
tsameti
tsameti

Back to top Go down

Post by tsameti Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:05 pm

Aaaand she's gone.

"Wow, OK."

"That's an Elemental for you, hehe. Think you were talking about the band you toured with. Were you big time? I wouldn't have thought no one'd notice if you vanished on tour. Is... he still playing."
tsameti
tsameti

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:15 pm

"Not that I know. From what I've learnt, they became big in certain circles, especially around Britain." He shrugs before continuing, "They took 14 years of my life before I escaped. I thought I was gone for 6 months." Pryderi then goes silent, gazing into his glass at the half recalled memories.
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by tsameti Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:46 pm

"Six months...? Six months?" Grobbler tries desperately to stop from cracking up. "Who was your Keeper, Teddy Ruxpin? Huh-huh-ha."

He shakes his head and slurps down a huge gulp of the Devil's piss.

"No, man I'm sorry. That was fucked up of me. Didn't mean that, you're just lucky. Most of us don't get away so quick..."
tsameti
tsameti

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:58 pm

"No worries, dude, its good to get it off my chest. I know how lucky I am but still, it feels strange to be back, you know?" Pryderi downs his drink and orders another couple. "So, how 'bout you, wanna share?"
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by tsameti Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:57 pm

"Share? There's not much to it. Blah blah, got kidnapped, life ruined, purple monster, and now I hang out with fairies."

The bartender catches only the last part of the conversation while pouring drinks and gives them the stink eye.

"Yea, you wish buddy." Grobbler waves him off and rolls his eyes before picking back up.

"Anyway, there were only six of us when we were at in Montana. Didn't even have any Summer. And that lasted maybe a year... max, before one of us got taken back. Of course, we fell apart after that... and I ended up coming here looking for family. From before, I mean."

Grobbler nods thoughtfully, talking now more to himself to his company.
tsameti
tsameti

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:01 pm

The Muse sits and listens, feeling the bittersweet moment they have both shared. He then raises his glass to the Ogre, "To new company and lost memories," Pryderi toasts before downing his drink.

"What do you say about getting hammered, talking for hours about pointless subjects and coming round with stinking hangovers?"
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by tsameti Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:15 pm

"I thought that was the fucking plan." He slams the second drink.

"Whew! Goddamn it burns so good."

"So what the hell is up with the Freehold? I get this weird feeling from dealing with those guys, like there's a whole bunch of shit that they've got going on they aren't letting on to. Strange as hell."
tsameti
tsameti

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:23 pm

"Tell me about it, I fucked up after only a month. Had something waking me for my mistake, subtle threats and all. I only went with Spring in an attempt to make myself feel better. Not sure its working though," he says, ordering a double for them both.
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by tsameti Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:34 pm

"Maybe we need to slow down, just in case the others are coming. It's still crazy early."

"Spring on a whim? That's no good. Back in Montana, me and Bobby Smouldre were the mother fucking baddest boogeymen in the state! Didn't matter if it was hob, or gob, or punk kid,"
Grobbler hushes and grins menacingly. "We scared them shitless."

"Cities are different man, there's no spooking people. Everybody's packing heat, and the Blues are everywhere."
tsameti
tsameti

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:36 pm

Sipping his whiskey and savouring the taste, Pryderi replies "Blues?"
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by tsameti Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:20 pm

"Cops, rockstar, cops. You pull the smallest prank, and it can still land you in deep shit."

"One time, we found this hedge trail right? And it leads to some chick's bedroom closet! Which is just classic. So me and Bobby, we put on some cheap Halloween masks, right? And we jump out right in the middle of the night. Just Boo! Real stupid stuff."

"And that woman FREAKS OUT, goes running into the street in her nightie, wakes all the neighbors, it was hilarious. We sneak back into the Hedge, and nobody knows any better."

"Pull that shit here, you get tazed and then slapped with six months. Different. World."
tsameti
tsameti

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:59 am

"Yeah, right." Pryderi rubs his face with his hands before running his fingers through his hair. "Man, to be honest, I have no fucking clue what I'm spposed to do next. Like, should I just keep low, or go back to trying to make something of my life? At the moment, all I've got to do teach snotty little kids how to play guitar or hit anything resembling a key."
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by tsameti Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:38 pm

"Yea... been feeling like I've been hitting a lot of dead ends lately, so... I guess I can see where you're coming from. But eff that rockstar, you don't have to hide the rest of your damn life. Who's that lady, what's her name? The Mother Goose lady... the one with the kids show? Anyway, she sure as shit doesn't hide herself." Grobbler thinks for a long moment.

"I've got something to cheer you up... pull a prank with me." The look in Grobbler's eyes is just devilish. "You want to feel like you're in control of your own life again, you want to feel alive? Let's spook some asshole senseless. What do you say?"
tsameti
tsameti

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:43 pm

"I'm not sure, dude," Pryderi replies, obviously apprehensive, "that warning was pretty heavy. And anyway, I wouldn't know what to do. Saying that, I have been known to make people weep with a decent dirge."
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by tsameti Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:10 pm

Grobbler hasn't been this talkative in a long time. Maybe as much as he hates to admit it, just being around Pryderi puts him at ease, lets him speak freely, inspires him (admittedly to reckless meanness, but still). Goddamned Spring Muse...

"Make people weep? What, you looking to bore me to death? Alcohol and peer pressure demand that you man up. Hell, if you just play the Jaws riff that'll be helpful enough!"
tsameti
tsameti

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:26 pm

"Whatever, Purple-Pimp," Pryderi says, laughing. "I could play an empty cereal box with a single elastic band wrapped round it and still make it sound fucking good! Listen to this..." Pryderi takes the light green and yellow beech wood acoustic guitar out of its case and sets it up on his thighs.

Spurred on by Grobbler's words and the few whiskey's currently running through his system, Pryderi starts to pluck the guitar, producing the Jaws theme, effortlessly.
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:37 pm

(( PM me a dex + expression roll please ))
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:40 pm

After finishing, the Muse spins his guitar off his thighs and smiles at Grobbler.

"So, how's that?"
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by tsameti Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:08 am

"Ha! Yea man, sounds about right." Grobbler takes account of the time, later than he expected.

"I don't think anybody else is coming... eh, well... whatever. I probably have got to go. It's fuckin' late, and I started before you showed up."

Grobbler rises shakily to his feet.

"Parting advice: you should start up another band. Nothing stopping you, and sounds like something you loved to do."

"Now where the fuck is the door...?"
tsameti
tsameti

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:29 am

"Cheers, man, I think I might," he replies, giving the parting Ogre a steadying hand to the door. Who would have thought it, an Ogre inspring me.Saying farewell, Pryderi heads home, the fresh air and alcohol mix starting to affecting him.
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:10 pm

~Narration~

The two make their way back to wherever it is they pass out for the night.

>End Scene<
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down