Twilight Valley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meeting At Avalon

Go down

Meeting At Avalon Empty Meeting At Avalon

Post by West Sun May 17, 2009 7:06 pm

Zoe walks into Avalon shortly after hanging up with Asa and heads for the office. Having all of Lioni's, Davis', and Icarus' memories for the last 50 years, she knows where to go. She also knows about the secret room behind the office where Davis used to hide all of his weapons and other training items.

Wonder if Prince Clarke does as well? She thinks with a smirk as she knocks on the door.

Meeting At Avalon Zoebanner
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Meeting At Avalon Empty Re: Meeting At Avalon

Post by Guest Sun May 17, 2009 7:24 pm

Asa got up and answered the door, taking a moment to look at the woman before speaking. He was pretty sure who it was, but one never knew.

The Mask of Tranquility drove him insane.

"Good evening, may I help you?" he asked.

Meeting At Avalon Asanoprobanner

Back to top Go down

Post by West Sun May 17, 2009 7:51 pm

Zoe smiles. "I hope so, I do believe you are expecting me." She holds a hand out. "Alder Lady Soldier Zoe Miller, Esteemed member of House Millarr. Pleased to meet you."
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 17, 2009 8:00 pm

"Welcome," Asa said, shaking her hand and showing her in. "I'm..." upgraded from 'Mister', apparently "...Alder Lord Prince Clarke," he repeated what she had called him on the phone.

"Please come in and make yourself comfortable," he continued, motioning to the club chairs and couch.

"My condolences for your loss," Asa said, not knowing what to expect from the visit.

Back to top Go down

Post by West Sun May 17, 2009 8:10 pm

Zoe takes the offered chair. "Thank you. The way I see it, they are your losses as well. I understand you were quite close to Alder Lady............" She trails off and gets an annoyed look on her face. "Ok, look, I am going to be straight with you. All of these titles and crap make my head hurt. Can we just skip them? I'm not used to being so............Invictus. Don't get me wrong, I have been a member of the covenent for longer then I remember."

She leans back in the chair, putting her left foot across her right knee. "But it was Dupree who was into all the Lady this and Lord that crap. She never quite broke me of the "uncivilized tongue". I always behaved myself in meetings because if I didn't I got a lecture from hell from her, but other then that I was allowed to be pretty relaxed. Do you mind if I just call you Prince Clarke?"
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 17, 2009 8:44 pm

"Of course, please" he answered.

Maybe she had started with the titles because she thought I expected them? That's really interesting.

For all the things she seemed to know, did she not know he and Lioni had never been formal? Which was odd too, since she was saying that Lioni had been the one who was 'into' titles.

"I do consider them my losses, 'Dupree' in particular," he said. Asa didn't want to give her the wrong impression about their relationship, and that seemed safe enough. "We were good friends, and I would definitely say more so than I was with Davis or Icarus."

"I feel as if I've been told I have a relative that I never knew about, and you seem to know much more about me than I do you," he added. "Which, I don't mind, it's just very surprising when you say things that I was... careful... about."

Back to top Go down

Post by West Sun May 17, 2009 8:48 pm

Zoe nods knowingly. "Allow me to explain. When you join the house you will be telepathically connected to all members of the house at all times. Including those in torper. Everything you said to Lioni, Davis, and Icarus I know. Everything they thought and did, I know. Everything that has gone on in this city since the day they arrived, I know. So, I can see how that would be disturbing to you."
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 17, 2009 8:57 pm

Asa just stared.

Now that was a lot to process.

So when Davis watched him Dominate Ace, they all knew. When he had called Lioni for Blood from his wounds at the Circle of Creation, they would have all known he was hurt. When Icaraus had asked him to Breach the Masquerade, the Prince's Hound knew.

"Joining a Dynasty is quite a commitment, then," he finally said.

Back to top Go down

Post by West Sun May 17, 2009 9:17 pm

Zoe shrugs. "Yes, it is. However, the benefits are rather large. You are never alone, you don't have to go running around trying to find the "important" people to make sure they have all the information, you are always connected to those you either care about or those that benefit your requiem the most , and there are a few nifty powers that go along with it as well. Also, if you drop into torper, you are not alone then either. It is very comforting to have people to talk to when you are asleep. It keeps the nightmares at bay."

She leans forward and looks at him intently. "That is why I wished to speak to you about joining the House. Should you choose to do so, you will be in charge of our holdings and affairs. I will go back into torper and it will be up to you to find two others worthy of House Millarr. I would prefer to keep the number at a minimum of four."
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 17, 2009 9:51 pm

"I see," Asa said.

Asa said it the way one says something because it's their turn to talk, not because they've actually processed all the information that's been given to them.

There was one thing he had to ask, because it was What do the Kine call it? A dealbreaker.

"Would you have any objection to Sheriff Naetesh being one of those two?" Asa asked.

Back to top Go down

Post by West Sun May 17, 2009 10:03 pm

Zoe laughs, a long, rich laugh. "You two getting married? The Crone do that you know. No, I have no objection to the Reeve joining the House. I think she would be a good addition actually. She has a good head on her shoulders. She harnessed you didn't she?"

This last is said with a wicked smile.

Last edited by Frost on Mon May 18, 2009 7:40 am; edited 1 time in total
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 17, 2009 10:28 pm

"Her age and ability simply make her an excellent candidate," he deadpanned. "I suppose she did," he relented with a smile.

He was tempted to elaborate, but apparently she would know, and understand, soon enough. It was also interesting that her... knowledge of him, from the others, made her consider him trustworthy enough to return to Torpor. It was like finding an unknown family member.

"I'm sure that we would be delighted, and honored, to join House Millarr," he said. "I will do my best to justify your faith in me."

A fourth.

Asa sifted through the city's residents, then remembered something. "I'm not sure if you know, but Lioni's Childe, Aurelie, has left the city with her ghoul."

Back to top Go down

Post by West Mon May 18, 2009 7:44 am

Zoe blinks and stares at Asa for a long moment.

"I suppose that is for the best. She was always rather...........different from the rest of us. Lioni never offered her membership because she did not feel the woman was really Invictus material. I guess she was right."

She leans back in the chair again and waves a dismissive hand toward Asa. "No matter. She was Lioni's childe, not mine. I am sure Aurelle will do fine in whatever endeavors she chooses. I do hope she never figures out how to change her blood though. Lioni refused to show her that.

Anyway, I will perform the induction whenever you are ready for it. If you wish for me to remain awake, I can do that as well. It is up to you really. It makes little difference to me."
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 18, 2009 12:40 pm

Asa nodded, curious if Aurelie's Torpor had changed her, or if Lioni has simply had... a Malkovian moment. It mattered little, with her having left the city. Perhaps he had let his shock at Lioni's death make him overly harsh about Doorman Darren.

Turning his thoughts to her other words, he considered them. As weak as the Invictus were now, she would be a welcome addition, as well as easing the burden of managing, protecting, and building the House holdings. Not to mention an excellent ally in political situations.

"There are several reasons I would ask you to stay Risen," he finally said, "but I also have no idea if we will be able to resolve the Bethem situation -- the man that took the rest of the House. Considering that, if we are unsuccessful, it would mean the end of House Millarr. Were you to return to Torpor, you would know the eventual outcome, and be able to continue the Dynasty if the worst happens."

It was an odd feeling -- already, to put the continuity of the House before a potential resource for the City. Asa understood, though, that this would be exactly the consideration he would want given to Ishani and himself when they fell into Torpor. As the final safeguard for a Dynasty, Eclipsed members would have to be protected.

Wouldn't they?

Back to top Go down

Post by West Mon May 18, 2009 9:57 pm

Zoe nods, considering his words for a moment. "I understand what you are saying and I appreciate the ideas. However, if you and the Reeve were to fall then it would be a very simple thing for this monstrosity to find and kill me as I would then have no protection. So, either way, the House would fall. Not only that, but I cannot guarentee that I would be able to wake from torpor a second time. I was with Icarus, Davis, and Lioni for a good number of years. The severing of their connections made it possible for me to awaken. I will not have those years tucked under my belt with you and the Reeve. So, maybe I should return to torpor, or consider the option, after Bethem has been destroyed."
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 18, 2009 10:17 pm

"That does make sense," Asa said, "and we can use all the help we can get. Since you'll be with us, would you prefer the Asylum or Avalon? I can always move to the Lily. We also need to call the Invictus," he mused, thinking out loud as much as he was speaking to Zoe.

"And you know the Reeve? Or just through your... connection?" he asked.

Back to top Go down

Post by West Mon May 18, 2009 10:57 pm

Zoe laughs. "No wonder Lioni liked you. You're quick on the uptake. I would prefer Asylum, as Lioni and I have living quarters there and my.....tastes run more in that direction. It seems very popular with the kindred as well."

At the mention of the Reeve, she shakes her head. "No, I only know her peripherally. As I know you."

Last edited by Frost on Tue May 19, 2009 8:20 am; edited 1 time in total
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 18, 2009 11:35 pm

"It has been, actually. Baron Quinton's Childe threw a fashion show there that did very well," he began to say, then stopped as he realized she already knew. That was going to take some getting used to.

"That works out well, too, since I had hoped that Aurelie would manage it. I'll see if I can bring the Reeve by, since she has a new Deputy, or you'll meet her at the Covenant meeting. What does induction entail?" he asked, curious.

It was already fascinating to think that he and Ishani would be telepathically linked.

Back to top Go down

Post by West Tue May 19, 2009 8:20 am

Zoe looks at Asa abruptly. "What blood do you hail from Prince Clarke?"
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 19, 2009 10:05 am

Asa thought for a few moments, as he overcame his unease. Although he had come to realize the commitment a Dynastic membership required, it was another thing to suddenly be speaking of things he had kept hidden for so long. Only Ishani, the Reeve, knew.

"I had to deduce by research," he finally said, "but I'm fairly certain that I am of the Sotoha blood. I believe my sire was ronin."

Back to top Go down

Post by West Tue May 19, 2009 9:25 pm

Zoe stands and walks around the room once before stopping in front of Asa and inspecting him carefully.

"First, there is the dynastic compact. This is a document agreed to by all parties stating what is expected of all parties during the time of torpor in regards to the estate of the House. Basically, this means you list what you expect from me, I list what I expect from you, ect."

She walks back to the desk and sits on the end of it. "Then, there is the expected blood bond. After that, there is the Oath of Fealty taken by all House members to eachother. Then, the House is complete."
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 19, 2009 9:31 pm

Asa mulled over her words for several seconds.

"The Blood bond complicates things," he said slowly. "I'm under the impression that the Reeve's Blood does not possess this quality."

It was incredibly difficult, to keep speaking of things so private with someone he had really just met, and he became more uneasy at the fact that Ishani wasn't present as well, as the price seemed to keep escalating.

Back to top Go down

Post by West Tue May 19, 2009 9:35 pm

Zoe looks at him sharply. "Is she Kallisti? Tell me you are not in love with a Kallisti. That would be a grave mistake, especially for a Sotoha."
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 19, 2009 9:43 pm

"No," Asa replied, unsure of what a Kallisti was, or what stigma that Blood seemed to carry.

Asa paced a bit, and then gave Zoe an apologetic look. "Would you mind if I called to see if she was available? As you can tell, I was ignorant of what a Dynasty consisted of, and now we're speaking of things very personal. I am free to share my personal details, but cannot do the same for her, without her consent."

Back to top Go down

Post by West Tue May 19, 2009 9:47 pm

Zoe motions to the phone on Asa's desk. "Be my guest. You should probably ask her if she wants to join first too, before you assume. Joining a House is a very big and intimate decision. It's like getting married. She may not be ready or willing to agree."
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 19, 2009 10:04 pm

Asa nodded, and picked up the phone. Finding out there was another Millarr member did change things, significantly.

"Are you busy at the moment?" he asked, after a moment or two.

"Can you come over to Avalon? There's someone I'd like you to meet -- the last Millarr," he said. "We're having a discussion you should be here for."

"Great, thanks," Asa said, and hung up.

He turned to Zoe. "She'll be here shortly," he explained.

Back to top Go down

Post by West Tue May 19, 2009 10:09 pm

Zoe moved back to her chair and settled in to wait for the Reeve.

((Ten minutes of silence pass before there is a soft knock at the door))

Ishani enters the room and her eyes immediately go to the woman in the chair. She gives her a measuring look before moving to sit in the chair next to her. She nods in deferential respect to the woman, then looks at Asa.

"Ok, what is this about?"

Meeting At Avalon Ishanibanner2
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 19, 2009 10:18 pm

"This is Alder Lady Soldier Zoe Miller, esteemed member of the House Millarr," Asa introduced her. "Lady Miller, this is Alder Lady Reeve Ishani Naetesh," he concluded.

"Lady Miller is the final true member of House Millar," he began to explain. "The Final Deaths of her House roused her from Torpor, and she came to see me. We've been discussing the Dynasty, and apparently I was quite ignorant of the commitments it requires."

"Apparently, we will all become linked telepathically. In addition, there is some paperwork and an Oath of Fealty, but she also said there is a Blood bond," he summarized.

Asa let his Tateme slip away, so that Ishani could see the idea distressed him.

Back to top Go down

Post by West Tue May 19, 2009 10:22 pm

Ishani sits back in her chair and looks at Asa. She shakes her head and sighs.

"A blood bond is possible. It can be done. However, it will hurt all of us. Drinking my vitae will cause you pain, and drinking yours will cause me pain. None of us will gain any sustinence from the vitae."

She watches Asa for a moment. "Are you sure you want to do this? You're talking about making a commitment that will last the remainder of your requiem."
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 19, 2009 10:35 pm

Asa had been thinking about it, while they had waited. The material advantages were unimportant to him, in the final analysis. The idea that one, or both of them, would have protection in Torpor was.

And that's what it really came down to. There were several ways that security, albeit not as effective, could be achieved.

Ishani's implied agreement with whatever he chose affirmed the decision he had already made.

"Lady Miller, I apologize, but I find myself unwilling to be bonded by Blood," he said. "I greatly enjoy the relationship I share with Ishani, and don't want anything to alter that."

Why hadn't Lioni told him this?

Back to top Go down

Post by West Tue May 19, 2009 10:49 pm

Ishani shot Asa a sharp look. "What the hell are you talking about? When did I say anything like that? Christ Asa, what do you want? Do you want to do this or not? I never said it would jeapordize anything. I was making sure you knew what you wanted."

Her anger was obvious in her eyes as she stared at him.

Zoe bows her head to Asa. "If that is your wish. I can understand yuour position."
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 19, 2009 11:04 pm

"I just found all of this out twenty minutes ago," Asa replied to Ishani, not particularly wanting to have an argument to clarify a misunderstanding right now.

"I believe so," Asa turned to Zoe. "I'll move my personal effects from here to The Lily as soon as possible."

Back to top Go down

Post by West Tue May 19, 2009 11:07 pm

Ishani looks from Zoe to Asa. Without a word, she stands and walks out of the office.

Zoe shrugs. "No hurry. I will need time to settle-" She watches Ishani leave with a frown. "-in. Uh, yeah I suppose I will be going now. Let me know if you change your mind. You know where to find me."
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 19, 2009 11:17 pm

Well, that went smashingly.

"Thank you," he said to Zoe, and watched her leave.

He waited several minutes before he threw the desk chair into the TV.

Recomposing himself, he made his way downstairs to see Olivette and find out who called.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down