Twilight Valley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

After The Asylum (ATTN: Roxie, Veritas)

2 posters

Go down

After The Asylum (ATTN: Roxie, Veritas) Empty After The Asylum (ATTN: Roxie, Veritas)

Post by Guest Mon May 18, 2009 9:18 pm

Dog and Roxie took the cab to the Ordo Dracul chapter house in silence, finally arriving. Dog was still trying to figure out how get got stuck actually being useful. Fucking weirdass night. Zoe, Roxie, Mateo, what was next?

They approached the door, and Dog knocked. He still wasn't sure if letting Roxie listen in had been all that smart, but at least she wasn't a Primogen. He'd have to tell Veritas he'd been a bit of a blabbermouth even thouugh she'd probably figure it out.

Any way you sliced it, it'd be hard to turn down the help from hairballs of death on a Blood Hunt.

After The Asylum (ATTN: Roxie, Veritas) Dognoprobanner

Last edited by West on Tue May 19, 2009 10:08 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

After The Asylum (ATTN: Roxie, Veritas) Empty Re: After The Asylum (ATTN: Roxie, Veritas)

Post by Benjamin Mon May 18, 2009 9:51 pm

"So, is there anything I'd need to know about this Vertias? Gets mad if someone says some specific word or is wearing green? She one of those hardliner Invictus with the names and titles and stuff?" Roxie didn't want to get off on the wrong foot with anyone or anything, and offending her Clan's Priscus was certainly on the list of things you don't do if you want to see the next night in a new domain.
Benjamin
Benjamin

Back to top Go down

After The Asylum (ATTN: Roxie, Veritas) Empty Re: After The Asylum (ATTN: Roxie, Veritas)

Post by Guest Mon May 18, 2009 9:58 pm

Dog gave Roxie a look. "We're Gangrels, KB, everything makes us mad," he said with an almost-smile.

"I've only seen her twice," he shrugged, "it ain't like I know her all that well. Just talk straight."

"Oh... yeah," he added. "She doesn't much care for a person stayin' wolf while she's talkin' to them."

Back to top Go down

Post by West Mon May 18, 2009 10:03 pm

Mr. Welner comes to the door and opens it. He looks at Dog and addresses him, mainly because it is a face he recognizes.

"I am sorry sir, but Oracle Shadow is not in at the moment."
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Mon May 18, 2009 10:25 pm

"I meant more mad than usual." Roxie amends.

When the doorman opened the door, Roxie made an effort to stand up just a little straighter. She also kept a tight reign on her tongue. "I'm sorry, but I'm looking for, uh, Veritas"
Benjamin
Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by West Mon May 18, 2009 10:54 pm

Mr. Welner nods and smiles. "She is in. Please follow me."

He opens the door wider and lets them in, then leads them down a long hall to a door. Knocking on the door he turns back to Dog and Roxie. "Rampent Dragon Pr4iscus Veritas will be with you shortly. Please wait here."

He turns and heads back down the hallway.

Veritas answers the door a few minutes later and a large smile spreads across her face as she sees Dog.

"Ye canna keep yerself away eh?" Then she sees Roxie. "Or is this business?"

After The Asylum (ATTN: Roxie, Veritas) Veritasbanner
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 18, 2009 10:57 pm

"Hey, you know, I figured if I could keep rustlin' them up..." Dog replied with a smile.

"This here's K... Roxie, she wandered into the Asylum," he added, his smile fading away.

Back to top Go down

Post by West Mon May 18, 2009 10:59 pm

Veritas frowns. "And ye brought her to me why exactly?"
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Mon May 18, 2009 11:10 pm

Roxie has this look on her face. It seems to be made up of one part 'encountering a foreign accent', two parts 'oshit Ordo Dracul', and a pinch of 'new vampire reaction' and just enough 'respect the scary vampire authority figure so she won't eat you' to spice it up a bit.

"I, uh, just rolled into town and was trying to get myself recognized, all official-like, before I went about my buisness. Miss Veritas. I was wandering around what I guessed was the rack for a few hours before I ran into Dog here."
Benjamin
Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 18, 2009 11:15 pm

"She's a clannie," Dog added, pulling his cigarettes out.

Fair enough question, considering last time he brought her a claws wannabe.

Back to top Go down

Post by West Mon May 18, 2009 11:34 pm

Veritas smiles. "Oh aye, come in."

She opens the door wider and walks into the room. Getting her own smoke out of the nightstand, she motions Roxie toward a chair. "Where ye come from, lass? I canna acknowledge ye, but I can get ye in t'see the Seneschal. Provided ye promise to follow all our laws, blah blah blah."

She lights the smoke and tosses the lighter to Dog, then sits on the bed.
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Mon May 18, 2009 11:58 pm

Keep it simple, Roxie reminded herself. Simple always works best.

"I've been riding the trains for awhile now. Catch a ride on one of the freight trains at a station, stay on till the next stop and take a little break in the cities for a few nights to fill up. Been thinking about settling down for awhile now, but didn't want to spend the next 'coupla decades in a tiny burg like Truckee, know what I'm 'sayin?
Benjamin
Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 19, 2009 12:36 am

Dog picked up the lighter, and tried to listen in. Tried to care enough about what was being said. KB was chatty. Not as bad as whatever-the-fuck that was at Sunny Delights party, but... still...

Dog took a seat. Maybe being eye level with asses would pass the time.

Back to top Go down

Post by West Tue May 19, 2009 8:03 am

Veritas nods. "Aye, canna say I havna been there before."

She looks over at Dog and rolls her eyes. "Pay attention, Mutt." Then she turns back to Roxie. "D'ye hail for a covenent perhaps? So I can get ye in touch wi' yer head."
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Tue May 19, 2009 12:53 pm

"Nope, Not much chance for that on the tracks."

Well, not anymore, she thought.

"Someone in the Circle did me a good turn once, If they have a presence here I wouldn't mind talking to them for a bit."
Benjamin
Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 19, 2009 3:03 pm

"I am," Dog replied, lighting his cigarette.

How could he not, when she said things like that.

He took a drag, feeling the smoke scrape across the back of throat and into his lungs, glad that he was already dead.

Crone, huh? Funny. If he'd had to have guessed, he would have said Carthian.

Back to top Go down

Post by West Tue May 19, 2009 7:28 pm

Veritas makes a face and takes a drag off her smoke. "If ye want to head in that direction. I am not fond of the witches, meself."

That was an understatement to be sure. Veritas hated the Crone with the passion of a thousand fiery suns, but she would not slander them in front of a potential member. She would be pissed if someone did that with the Dragons and she may hate them more then final death, but she would be respectful.

"I canna say who is in charge there no' though. But I can see if I can find one for ye, if ye'd like."
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Tue May 19, 2009 8:00 pm

Roxie notes the face and does this birdy little twist of her neck, cocking it back and to the side so she's looking at Veritas with one of her eyes. The most it reminds you of is a Crow looking at something interesting.

"Is that the sentiment held by the rest of the city?"
Benjamin
Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by West Tue May 19, 2009 8:08 pm

She shakes her head. "Nay, just me." She says with a smile. "I donna ken a lot about the Crone here, but I ken their church and I ken one of their warriors. He's in the sewers right no' though. I will introduce ye."
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 19, 2009 8:41 pm

"Speaking of warriors, I met a werewolf," Dog chimed in.

Maybe he could say his bit and get back to doing what he was doing. Which wasn't much, but it beat sitting around talking about churches -- even if the scenery was nice.

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Tue May 19, 2009 8:45 pm

Roxie de-birds her movements and starts looking at Veritas like a person again.

"I'd appreciate it."
Benjamin
Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by West Tue May 19, 2009 8:48 pm

She turns sharp green eyes to Dog. "Ye met a what?"
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 19, 2009 8:52 pm

"Werewolf," Dog repeated. "You know, big, hairy, grrrrrr, claws... but he was person-fied. Seems as if some of his pack got killed, too."

Now this was much more interesting to talk about. He wasn't a train-spotting crone, after all.

"Oh, and Primogen Pretty Claws tried to eavesdrop, but KB kept an eye out," he added.

Back to top Go down

Post by West Tue May 19, 2009 9:31 pm

Veritas rolls her eyes again. Dog''s continued use of nicknames drove her insane, one reason why she called him Mutt. To see how he liked it.

"And who in the sam hell is Primogen Pretty Claws and KB? Christ lad, speak normal english for those of us who donna ken Dog speak."
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Tue May 19, 2009 9:34 pm

"I think I'm KB, and I don't know what Primogen Pretty Claws's name is, but I think he was either hitting on or trying to feed from the werewolf"
Benjamin
Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 19, 2009 9:37 pm

"Marius," he said with a who else? look.

"Mebbe he likes 'em like that," Dog added.

Back to top Go down

Post by West Tue May 19, 2009 9:39 pm

Veritas thorws her hands up in exasperation and looks at Dog. "Would ye learn to use names, man! D'ye have any idea how much of a pain in me arse it is to try an' figure out what the hell yer talkin' abou' half the time?"

Her scottish accent thickens noticably as she gets more aggitated.

"An' what the fuck does KB mean?"
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Tue May 19, 2009 9:40 pm

Roxie mumbles something under her breath.

"What wasn't to like?"
Benjamin
Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by West Tue May 19, 2009 9:42 pm

With a growl, she stands and begins to pace between the two seated kindred. "So, what yer tellin' me is, we have werewolves in the city? An' how did yer chat go then?"
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 19, 2009 9:46 pm

Dog kicked Roxie's shoe. "Apparently nicknames piss her off, too," he said. She could probably tell, but better safe than sorry.

"Yeah, of course we do -- didn't you hear the howl a couple of weeks ago?" Dog answered and asked.

"It went pretty fuckin' good, for talkin' to The People," he said. "We took care of the important stuff, and then he told me half his pack got killed."

Back to top Go down

Post by West Tue May 19, 2009 9:51 pm

Veritas looks from Dog to Roxie. "Ye two need a minute alone?"

Without waiting for an answer, she continues to speak and pace. "Aye, I heard the howl. Dinna mean shit, though. I donna ken a lot abou' "The People" and I never wanted to learn, either. Anywa', who killed his pack?"
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 19, 2009 10:03 pm

Dog started to answer her first question then closed his mouth as she continued.

"He didn't say -- but ain't many that could take on more than one at a time," Dog said.

He thought for a moment, then continued. In for a penny, in for a pound. "I was actually thinkin' of finding 'em, after Lioni was killed, to see if I could work out a bargain for help finding her killer -- but now I'm figgerin' same guy might've got his pack, too."

Back to top Go down

Post by West Tue May 19, 2009 10:06 pm

"'Tis possible. If he can take on three old and nasty kindred, he can take on a werewolf or two. So, did he say anythin' else of importance?"

She isgnores the earlier attempt to answer her question as it was rhetorical and she really didn't want to know what Dog's intentions were toward Roxie.
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 21, 2009 9:34 pm

"Yeah," Dog shrugged. "They said they wanted in, if we were huntin'. At least, two of 'em do. Dunno about any others in the city. I'll probably run with 'em if we ain't doin' nothing about it."

Back to top Go down

Post by West Thu May 21, 2009 9:41 pm

Her face turns very cold as she looks at Dog. Then, she turns her attention back to Roxie.

"I will get ye a meetin' wi' the Seneschal and get ye acknowledged. Then, we can go find a Crone."
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Thu May 21, 2009 9:44 pm

Roxie clicks her heels together.

"Much appreciated Priscus Veritas."
Benjamin
Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 24, 2009 12:26 am

Dog looks down at legs as the heels click. It's a good excuse.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down