Twilight Valley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Avalon (open)

+9
DaevaDude
Quinn
Yawgmoth
shouldabeenadog
deltadream
Premsyl
Lexi
West
Laufrey
13 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Avalon (open) - Page 3 Empty Re: Avalon (open)

Post by Bodecia Albion Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:27 pm

Mariel suddenly feels a little unsure. Hadn't she seen Heathcliff talking with the group Circe was chatting in?

He has to be kin, though, she reasons. This sort of human would never have the confidence to approach me...right? Right??!

She takes a moment to mime sipping at her drink. EWWW! The hand that had touched Heathcliff's in greeting smelled vaguely of...barnyard.

Thanks for the tip, she said dryly, forcing herself to turn away from Circe.

So, she continued conversationally, do you work at a riding stable?
Bodecia Albion
Bodecia Albion

Back to top Go down

Post by Fractured Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:04 pm

Heathcliff fought to keep down the initial surge of panic. I showered! How can she tell! But seventeen years of marriage and working for the government had taught him how to bullshit at the drop of a hat.

"No, you must have noticed my new cologne," he chuckles,"It's called Cheval. It's terrible, and seems to resist soap."

From ice cold to conversational. Heathcliff was making progress. He risked a smile. "I work for Sacramento's Housing Authority. We are very busy, so many sad cases in this city. Are you from here, Mariel?"
Fractured
Fractured

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodecia Albion Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:21 pm

Mariel's eyes widen imperceptably, and then she resumes her former expression.

That's not cologne. She glances at Heathcliff's fingernails. Men. They never really scrub under their nails.

No, I came here looking for some kin of mine, she said simply, unsure whether she was dealing with a human or not. Mother hasn't been able to reach them, and was worried.

Mariel has made a career out of telling the truth, but still being as deceptive as hell.
Bodecia Albion
Bodecia Albion

Back to top Go down

Post by shouldabeenadog Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:22 pm

"I wish you well in that endeavor Madam Sabri. Pardon me, but I must now retire for the night." Regina gives a polite nod of her head, from a superior to a junior, and then leaves the building, she has to prepare for the Prince's meeting.
shouldabeenadog
shouldabeenadog

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:28 pm

Obf 2

Sabri bows respectfully to Regina as she departs, and the Rakshasa feels it prudent to do the same, not entirely comfortable in this venue. She leaves, pleased that she has found a fellow Invictus member, possibly one with whom to have business dealings with later.
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by Fractured Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:51 pm

Heathcliff nods knowingly. "Yes, I understand," he says, and decides it is time to reveal that his, in fact, Kindred. He was pleased with how well his Discipline worked. "My sire is abroad at the moment. Spain, I think. He is one of the Sanctified. Do you belong to a covenant, Mariel?"
Fractured
Fractured

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodecia Albion Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:04 pm

Mariel's head jerks up at the words Sanctified and Spain.

She is pleased that Heathcliff isn't human; making conversation with such a lowly kine would drag her self-esteem down quite a few notches.

What is your sire's name? she asks quickly, wondering if this could possibly be her own sire as well. God, how I've missed him. Mariel starts to feel hot and bothered as she remembers the one who'd claimed her life.

I really need to get something to eat, she thinks, trying to substitute one desire for another to distract herself.

I'm a Sanctified novitiate. And you?
Bodecia Albion
Bodecia Albion

Back to top Go down

Post by Fractured Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:23 pm

Aha! Now I have her attention.

"He goes by Sebastian. If you had met him, you would certainly remember him, he is quite afflicted by the Nosferatu curse. He was disappointed to see that his Childe was not disfigured. I think that's why he left," Heathcliff says, and doesn't sound the least disappointed.

"I haven't joined any Covenant yet. I've only been Kindred for a year or so. I figured I'd have plenty of time to decide what direction I wanted the rest of my nights to take," he says, then decides to risk flirting. "But I hadn't met you yet."

Damn, I'm smooth.
Fractured
Fractured

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodecia Albion Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:50 pm

Nosferatu? Well, that makes sense, thought Mariel, looking at Heathcliff. DUH. Then she sighs. This Sebastian was clearly not her Sire. Damn it.

And now Heathcliff likes me? EWWWWW!!!!

Mariel keeps her face from showing her feelings, and smiles at Heathcliff. Well, I'm just a novitiate myself, she says modestly, neglecting to mention that she'd been a novitiate for..what?...50-some years, now. Maybe it's time I moved up a little, learned some new tricks,she thinks.

I think you would find the Lancea Sanctum very interesting, she continues. It's a comfort to know that we all have a place in God's plan, and that we needn't feel guilt in the way we must survive.

Mariel flashes him a beautiful smile, and leans in closer to Heathcliff.

I'd be happy to continue our conversation at a later time, but I need to grab a bite to eat. Or you could come with, if you're interested, she continued, looking at him with her deep green, mesmerizing eyes. I'd love to know how you hide your nature that way- I had NO idea that you were Kindred like me. You're so good at it! Mariel looks through long eyelashes and touches Heathcliff's hand, giving it a little caress.

Spoiler:
Bodecia Albion
Bodecia Albion

Back to top Go down

Post by Fractured Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:07 pm

Guilt. Heathcliff was very familiar with guilt. It had been with him every night of his Requiem. Sometimes it was sharp, and cut across his senses, other times it was a low, dull bassline in the pit of his stomach.

Right now, though, with this gorgeous creature touching his hand, he couldn't hear it at all. He tries to keep his tone even and his features calm as Fortune had clearly decided to make up for earlier.

"Sure, I don't have anything pressing at the moment. Let's go."
Fractured
Fractured

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodecia Albion Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:26 pm

Mariel feels like the cat who ate the canary. Although, better not count my canaries before they're hatched, she thinks, and adopts an I-am-SO-interested-in YOU face. Which isn't altogether false, because she really DOES want to learn what Heathcliff knows.

She takes Heathcliff's hand and leads the way to her car. I might need a hand with the soft-top, she says, smiling.

[Continue interaction in new thread: In Mariel's Car]

She doesn't even look at Circe once as she exits the elegant Avalon.
Bodecia Albion
Bodecia Albion

Back to top Go down

Post by FreshCK Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:14 pm

Father Black growls silently along with his Beast. Seems he arrived at just the wrong time. Many unfamiliar vampires were leaving one by one and apparently the Prince wasn't seeing anybody else tonight. At least he was able to figure out that there were other survivors.

Benton exits Avalon and rides off into the night.
FreshCK
FreshCK

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3