Twilight Valley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Consilium Meeting

+5
Premsyl
Thistle
roadnottaken
Lexi
tsameti
9 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Consilium Meeting - Page 3 Empty Re: Consilium Meeting

Post by Guest Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:22 am

"Sup, man," Zero replied to Kai. "I'm Zero, Libertine. Heya," he said, looking at Ekko. Were they a couple? They looked like a couple. Or maybe related. Then the Apostates all started kissing Kai's ass, and Zero just watched.

Tyria smiled at Starling's question; she had to work at provoking students to think, where it seemed to come naturally to him. She tried not to let her concern show on her face as Theo started speaking. Why would he quote scripture to her? Was he completely unaware of her meaning? As Phrymides returned, she decided to leave Theo in the hands of her and Starling.

"Theo, as a Mystagogue, I consider you a student -- which means that I'm much more tolerant of what you might say. As long as you continue to say it intelligently. However, when you label an act as 'cruel' in the future, you may want to consider your audience, and whether or not they had a hand in the act," she said, smiling to take the sting out of the words.

Looking around the table to make sure everyone was listening, she continued. "The purpose of life is to craft the Soul before it is released. We know that Legacies shape the Soul. Were Niles Plotski executed, we release his Soul as it has been crafted." She paused to let the words sink in. "Excision offers the man a second chance at crafting his Soul, without the taint of such a Legacy."

Tyria smiled and stood. "Now, please excuse me. I have a favor to collect," she said with a wink at Starling.

Catching Jammer's eye as she approached the Arrow table, the music transitioned into Dean Martin's "Sway". She approached West and held her hand out.

Tyria loved dances. It was so interesting to watch what people did during them.

West watched Kai and Ekko wander off, and then noted Joshua leave distractedly. He was worried about Ankh's silence. Did she think he had something to do with all of this? Her look earlier seemed to say so. He saw Tyria approach and blanched as she held out her hand.

Fuck me running.

With an apologetic look to Ankh, he released her hand and stood up, joining Tyria on the dance floor, and they began to dance.

Jammer rolled his eyes at the the ruckus Kai caused and the fact that Gwen was never going to change. Stopping a waiter, he got a gin and tonic. When Tyria looked at him, he knew what she wanted, and concentrated, changing the music. Did anyone not owe the woman a favor?

"Slow your roll," he told Ollie, taking a large swallow. "Don't run out on free booze -- that's rule number one."

Last edited by West on Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:35 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Premsyl Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:34 am

"You know you're right when you're right. Rule number one is important. It's why it's number one."

Ollie motions to a waiter, ordering a Crown and Coke. He's heard the song that's playing before, probably on some commercial somewhere. Catchy old tune.
Premsyl
Premsyl

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:45 am

That didn't really answer his question but he wasn't going to push it. He had been a little bit of jerk but he wasn't about to withhold opinions simply because they weren't what someone wanted to hear. He had done enough of that while Asleep. But if Tyria still stood by the Consilium's descion then that was her choice to make and he respected her for it. He could debate a judgement but it wasn't his place to demand it be overturned and he knew that.
When Tyria leaves he keeps talking to Starling. "This is the first I've heard of legacies. What are they?"
Thistle
Thistle

Back to top Go down

Post by tsameti Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:19 am

Consilium Meeting - Page 3 Rubybluebar
Ruby absently flicks her wrist, and the sound of the music dims to a more manageable level, but in a moment she reconsiders cheerfully when the song switches to something more classy and she tunes the sound back up just a little bit.
"Well, it's certainly been exciting. The true shame's been that so many of our youngest got themselves sent home, it's been awful dangerous these days. As for news, I've been out of town so long I've lost track."

"Oh! This is a lovely song..." She takes a moment to enjoy it, a little melancholy that she doesn't have anyone to dance with, then returns her attention to Vex. "You know, we must ask Mr Fiddler if he will play us a song later. His concert was really one of the nicer moments the Consilium has had up till now."

Spoiler:

Consilium Meeting - Page 3 Phrymbarblue

Phrymides helpfully takes the liberty to answer Theo's question. "Oh a Legacy is a very interesting thing. When we all Awakened, we witnessed the Watchtowers, and the Watchtowers changed our souls. A Legacy however, is a very deliberate attempt to alter your own soul. A Legacy can be an amazing source of power, or as many believe, a path to Enlightenment. It's like taking your Awakening into your own hands and leading it in the direction you want to go, instead of where the Watchtower tells you to." She looks sheepish for a moment, "I wouldn't mess with them myself, I don't think you can undo something so drastic... and I'm always worried I might change my mind afterwards."
tsameti
tsameti

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:43 am

Apotheosis leaned forward intently. Here was something he didn't know, and he intended to fix that. "So I'm quessing it's permanent, correct? How is it accomplished, the soul crafting? What sort of Legacies are there? What effects does the crafting have exactly?" his voice has a tinge of excitement and he listens with rapt attention to any answer given.
Thistle
Thistle

Back to top Go down

Post by roadnottaken Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:56 am

Animus follows him. "I could use some food myself."

Once they're away from the Arrow table, Animus continues. "Fiddler and I were talking about forming a cabal. Would you like to join us?"
roadnottaken
roadnottaken

Back to top Go down

Post by West Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:04 am

Ekko smiles at each person she is introduced to and offers a hand to each in turn. "It is very nice to meet you. I am looking forward to working with you all."

As West gets up and moves to the dancing area with Tyria, Ankh continues to push her food around. She is not very hungry and is certainly not very comfortable with all of these people around her. Especially since she barely knows any of them.

Turning to Undrichmann, she smiles politely. "I am sorry sir. If you will excuse me, I am in need of the ladies room."

She stands and makes her way to the restroom, where she splashes some cold water on her face and takes a few deep breaths. Somehow, she has just become an important person and she is not sure she wants to be.She also still needs to inform Kai that he is supposed to be teaming up with the Ekko girl to find Dr. Roberts.

Should she do that after the party? Nah, better tell him sooner rather then later. That way he can choose when he wants to begin the search. She decides to wait until he's done making his rounds and saying hello.

Besides, she wants to hang out in the bathroom for at least a little bit longer.
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kai Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:26 am

Kai looks up at West dancing with Tyria.
Interesting "Well, I was going to introduce you to Tyria, but it looks like West is the man about town right now." he says, pointing Tyria out. "Most of the others I don't know. Even though we've been here a little while, we haven't spent much time chatting. It's mostly been doing what we do best."

Vex

Vex smiles at Ruby. "Why don't you see if you can use your charms and talk him into it. I have to go and have a word with one of our new Heralds." Vex politely excuses herself and walks over to Gwen.
"May I have a word with you away from your table?"
Kai
Kai

Back to top Go down

Post by jmiland1 Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:43 pm

Joshua looks to Animus, then starts picking out some food. "Day is full of surprises," he says to no one in particular. He doesn't answer for a while. Once he has his plate filled up, he looks up and nods. "I think that would be good, yeah. These are dangerous times; we all need to stick together." He glances to the Apostate table, where Zero is. "Just you and Fiddler, or... uh?"
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Post by West Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:59 pm

Ankh steps out of the restroom and heads straight for the dance floor. She didn't know what this Tyria woman thought she was doing, but West was her date.

Walking up next to them, Ankh taps Tyria on the shoulder. "Excuse me, Tyria? I believe you are dancing with my date. Do you mind?" She makes a motion indicating she has every intention of cutting in.

Ekko looks at the dance floor, and then looks back at Kai. "You know, thats not a bad idea. Want to dance?"
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by roadnottaken Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:08 pm

Animus shrugs. "So far just the two of us. He must have heard us discussing, but then he slipped off without saying anything, so I don't know where he stands."
roadnottaken
roadnottaken

Back to top Go down

Post by jmiland1 Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:21 pm

"I see," Joshua says. "Was there anyone else you were thinking of asking? Or will the three of us be enough, do you think?"
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Post by roadnottaken Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:38 pm

"I'd say just the three of us. I just don't know anyone else well enough to feel comfortable forming a cabal with them."
roadnottaken
roadnottaken

Back to top Go down

Post by jmiland1 Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:07 pm

Joshua pops a canape in his mouth and chews slowly, thinking. "Three's good," he determines. "Not too unwieldy, but strong and stable. Hopefully enough interplay that we can learn each other's strengths well enough to use good tactics." He seems to be mostly musing to himself. "That sounds good to me."
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:21 pm

Tyria smiled at Ankh. "Of course I don't mind, Provost. I just needed someone to break the ice with. By the way," she said, giving Ankh a quick once-over, "I love your dress." Tyria stepped away to let Ankh take her place. Catching a waiter, she ordered a kir and sat down to watch.

"Hey, uh, thanks," West said, taking Ankh's hand and putting his hand on her waist. As they began to dance, he gave her a concerned look. "Everything better? I feel the same way."

Back to top Go down

Post by Kai Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:31 pm

"Uh, sure." Kai says as he allows Ekko to lead him to the dance floor. "I usually have...uh...a bit of prep time before dancing. This is a little unexpected."

Shit. Would be a slow dance. Now I have to try to dance and find interesting conversation...
Kai
Kai

Back to top Go down

Post by roadnottaken Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:16 pm

Animus looks around the room. "We should probably find Fiddler and work out a name, then."
roadnottaken
roadnottaken

Back to top Go down

Post by jmiland1 Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:23 pm

"Yes, I suppose so. And as the new junior Sentinel I probably ought to get to know the people I'll be--" He stops, on the verge of saying 'policing.' "Working with," he finishes.
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Post by tsameti Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:28 pm

Consilium Meeting - Page 3 Gwennybluebar

Hoping she hasn't gotten herself into trouble, Gwen gets up to walk with Vex. "Yes Vex?"

Phrymides is a little bit overwhelmed by Theo's rapid questions. "I really don't know much more than that. I mean, the best way to learn is to meet somebody who's done it already. The only ones I know a little about... require a lot of dedication. You have to give up... uh... certain things about yourself." Clearly uncomfortable with where the conversation is going, Phrym turns again to chat with Porter.

Consilium Meeting - Page 3 Rubybluebar

Ruby sighs. She wasn't sure if the woman was being cruelly sarcastic, or politely dismissive. At least she gave the airs of politeness, and she carries herself well. The room is getting too chaotic to make sense of things, everyone's running around and Tyria dancing with a Magister. Knowing Tyria, that's scandalous enough in its own right. Seeing Fiddler and his friends off away from the crowd, Ruby heads over.
"Hello Fiddler, Animus, Joshua. Good to see you again. It's getting so rowdy in here it's hard to think isn't it?"
tsameti
tsameti

Back to top Go down

Post by Kai Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:36 pm

Vex

Vex looks at Gwen. "After you and your friends have your little party, we've been given our first assignment. There are a couple mages the Consillium knows about that aren't Banishers, but did not show up here as requested. You and I have been requested to go and find one of them and bring them before the Consillium. Now go and enjoy your drinks lovely, but do try not to drink to much. Consillium business is best performed without a nasty hangover."

Vex waits for an Acknowledgment, and then walks over to Phrymides. "And how have you been dear?"
Kai
Kai

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:18 pm

Starling slides his legs off the table, and looks over to Theo, "It's not so simple as an answer to a question." He licks his lips lightly and sets down the glass, "A soul is an incredibly complex piece of work, and it takes quite the effort just to know it, let alone mould it."

He watches Ruby leave again, and then looks over to Vex as she walks up once more, "I hate to say it again, but weren't you told not a few moments ago that we were discussing business?"
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kai Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:30 pm

Vex

She smiles at Starling. "Business that's so important that Tyria stands up and has a dance in the middle of it. We must be discussing something of utmost importance then. I guess next time I'll have to find someone who can see into twilight to inform me of the reservation tags sitting on the table that I obviously can't see. Aren't you just adorable when trying to be ornery. Its mildly attractive." She smiles at Phrymides once more.

"When you get a chance to get away from this pressing business, I would like to chat." She walks back over to Ruby.

"Sorry about the dismissal. I had to say hi to a couple of friends and inform Gwen of some business we need to attend to."
Kai
Kai

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:03 pm

Theo was a little disappointed. He had hoped in depth answers, or at least a couple specifics. With normal mages he would have assumed they were just trying to be mysterious and mystical (or that they didn't know) and so would have kept asking till he had answers to his previous line of inquiry.
With the Mysterium, it generally meant they didn't think you were ready or worthy of such information. So he decided to follow Starlings lead.
"How do you gain that foundation of understanding?"
Thistle
Thistle

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:08 pm

"Through study and meditation. There is much to learn, and everyone is always learning." He slides his empty champagne glass onto a passing waiter's tray, waiting for him to continue on before speaking again. "It's a journey, one that can take a lifetime."
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:22 pm

"Do you have any personal recommendation on mediation techniques or sources of information on the topic?" Theo asked. He knew a couple breathing exercises but not much beyond that. Truth be known he had tried a couple times with little success. But then, he hadn't considered it too important beyond a relaxation method.
Thistle
Thistle

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:55 pm

Starling leans back in his chair, almost purring out the words as he evades the question. "Tyria wanted to know your thoughts on the political climate. I do as well; when you're ready to learn these things, you will come to us outside of a social gathering." He stands gracefully, and holds out a hand to Phrym, "Fancy a dance, dear?"
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by tsameti Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:16 pm

"Why Starling, I would be most delighted." Phrymides smiles generously and gives an overly theatrical curtsy, but it hides her relief from getting away from the table for a moment. She lets him lead, and they sweep out onto the dance floor.
tsameti
tsameti

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:43 pm

With his curiosity unsatisfied, Theo would have to look into the matter latter. He got up and wandered the room a bit, listening to the music, and watching the dance. It was always facinating to watch the footwork. The grace that could be seen at times was hypontizing.
He settled against a wall, looking out over the crowd of people, and watched the interactons taking place.
Thistle
Thistle

Back to top Go down

Post by shouldabeenadog Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:39 pm

Captain walks up to Zero, and the heavy weight of authority seems to follow him, like labradors with their teeth bared.
"Greetings Zero, I am Captain. You don't respect me, and you shouldn't. I haven't earned it. You don't fear me, and you shouldn't, because we both serve the same cause. I just want to know one thing. If I ever call for help, will you be at my back, ready to fight against the lie?"
shouldabeenadog
shouldabeenadog

Back to top Go down

Post by jmiland1 Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:30 am

[color:6f79=9933aa]Joshua nods to Ruby as she comes over. "For a city with a history of disappearing magi, Sacramento seems rather populous right now," he says.
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:48 am

"Dude," Zero replied, "Are you sure you're in the right Order?" He bobs his head, looking for Joshua.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kai Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:25 am

Vex

Vex waited for Ruby's response before shaking her hand again. Vex was almost on the verge of looking a little upset.
"Enjoy the rest of the evening here. I'm afraid I must excuse myself for the rest of the evening and get some rest. I will see you soon." with that, Vex turns around and walks over to West and Ankh and gives them both a kiss on the cheek.
"Thank you. And not that Kai would hear it from me, but pass that along to him as well."
Vex walks over to John Dee. "Could you find me someplace pretty to go dear? Maybe a beach? If I begged and said please?" She added with a smile. "It can be anywhere. I can find my way home."
Kai
Kai

Back to top Go down

Post by shouldabeenadog Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:10 pm

Captain actually laughs, a deep, doting grandfather laugh "I get that a lot. Yes, I'm a libertine, an open-sourcer if you are curious. You should come by to my place and we can talk politics some time. I'd like to know all of the libertine's views, so that I make sure they are represented in the consilium. But I won't keep you." He hands a card with an address and phone number. "Anytime you aren't busy will be fine for me." He walks out, speaks with his crew, before the lot of them walk home.
shouldabeenadog
shouldabeenadog

Back to top Go down

Post by West Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:09 pm

Ekko smiles and places her hands where they need to be for the slow dance. Then she remembers she is a terrible dancer and starts to feel awkward.

What was I thinking?

She tires her best to keep the movements slow and flowing, but she seems very stiff and unsure of herself.

Ankh looks over her shoulder at Kai and Ekko and smiles at West.

"Looks like Kai found a friend. Should we warn her about him?"
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:13 pm

Zero watched Captain leave and almost cried. That's who he was supposed to trip with now?

~~

John Dee paused, with his fork in his mouth as Vex spoke. He looked at her -- she knew he wasn't supposed to do 'personal requests'. Still, it had probably been a long time since anyone had just done her a favor. He knew how that felt.

The Portal sliced it's way into existence, showing an azure ocean cresting on sand that looked liked powdered sugar.

"The dolphins show up around two," John said, mouth still full.

~~

West looked where she motioned and answered, "Probably." He didn't make any move to stop dancing with her, though.

Last edited by West on Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Kai Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:14 pm

"You're amazing love" Vex said as she began to step through the portal. "I owe you one." and with that she stepped through the portal and sat down in the sand and stared off into the ocean.
Kai
Kai

Back to top Go down

Post by tsameti Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:37 pm

Ruby had been trying to introduce Vex to the Ladder proto-cabal, but she had trouble getting a word in edgewise as they seemed fairly absorbed in their own conversation. Vex turns and leaves before Ruby can say anything, and Ruby sighs.
"What? Oh, yes. It is getting to be a big place these days isn't it? For awhile it was so quiet too. Now we've got a city full of soldiers..." she smiles at Joshua to let him know she means no offense, "I just think it's important that we have some culture in this city too, don't you think?"
tsameti
tsameti

Back to top Go down

Post by tsameti Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:38 pm

Hoping to get ready for the party, Gwenivelle says goodbye to everyone she's met and heads out.
tsameti
tsameti

Back to top Go down

Post by Kai Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:21 pm

Kai danced to an easy pace
"Relax. Just follow my feet. Listen, I have to go and chat with some 'people' at a club here. I think it would be useful for a Guardian to come along for two reasons. One, it would be nice to have backup in case my proposition isn't well received, and two, to have another set of ears making sure I'm doing my part to protect the Veil. We will be talking to Vampires."
Kai
Kai

Back to top Go down

Post by West Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:56 pm

Ekko relaxes as Kai takes the lead and smiles. "That sounds like it might be fun. Yeah, I'm game. So tell me Kai, exactly what can you do?"

Her eyes sparkle with mischeif as she asks him this question.
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jmiland1 Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:16 pm

Joshua shrugs to Ruby. "Culture is all well and good," he says. "But the time for it is after everything is secure. Understand," he adds, his voice going a bit lower--no need for everyone to hear this, after all, not that they could over Jammer's music--"I don't want to be a soldier. I want to be able to relax so that we can rebuild." Anyone good at reading people can tell he's lying, at least to himself. "But so long as there is a need for the Arrows, I will gladly spend my life defending the Pentacle. That's my duty."
This bit, at least, seems to be truth.
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Post by Kai Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:20 pm

Ah, so THIS was playful flirting. How am I supposed to answer this question?
"My talents are almost always situational" Kai smiles at her. "Its been a while since I've had a nice slow dance though. You aren't doing to bad yourself. Are you enjoying Sacramento so far?"
Kai
Kai

Back to top Go down

Post by West Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:28 pm

Ekko blushes at the compliment and shakes her head. "No I am a terrible dancer. I don't even know why I asked you to suffer through my two left feet. So far the city seems fine. It seems as though things are definitly not boring here."
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kai Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:38 pm

Kai chuckles. "I don't get sent to boring places. If I get sent somewhere boring, someone has poorly allocated resources." Kai chuckles a little, covering up a very serious undertone.
Kai
Kai

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:50 pm

West watched the flash of light and watched Undrichmann slip away. Looking down at Ankh in his arms, and her amazing red number, he made a decision. The lunch winding down, so he slowed down, and led her over to John Dee.

Hell, he was a Councilor now.

"Paris," he told the other Provost. "I'll call you in the morning."

The slash of light rotated open on a night sky, and the city lit in all of it's glory. 1:00 p.m. in Sacramento was only a footfall away from 10:00 p.m. on the Seine now.

Watching them go through, and the Portal close, Tyria decided it was time for her to leave, as well. Waving to the Mystagogues, she left the ballroom.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kai Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:26 am

As Kai watched the rest of the place wrapping up, and finished up his dance with Ekko.
"Looks like it's winding down." he handed her a card with his info on it. "The place I'm going to is called Avalon. I usually show up around 8, and was hired by a vampire named Davis a couple months back to bounce for the place. If you have any issues getting there or getting in, or just happen to come across a boring moment" Kai gives a sly grin "my number is on that card."
Kai
Kai

Back to top Go down

Post by West Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:18 pm

Ekko nods and takes the card. "All right. I'll see you there. And I can get out of these stuffy clothes too." She smiles, waves, and leaves the party.
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:44 pm

~~Narration~~

As the mid-day turns to afternoon, people leave one by one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3