Twilight Valley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Consilium Meeting

+5
Premsyl
Thistle
roadnottaken
Lexi
tsameti
9 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Consilium Meeting - Page 2 Empty Re: Consilium Meeting

Post by jmiland1 Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:01 am

Joshua is busy letting the threads of Matter that surround him go, so he is not in violation of the rules, when he hears his name. Then he pieces the words in the rest of the sentence together. Looking up at Andrade, his eyes widen in surprise. He looks to the rest of the Arrows just before standing, looking to see... is this perhaps a joke? But no such confirmation comes. He gets to his feet, trying not to look at anyone in particular, before finally being allowed to sit again.
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Post by Kai Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:18 am

Kai had been having trouble staying focused, seeing the new Guardian,
Snowball's chance he though to himself, and managed to stay off in a daze until his name was announced as Sentinel.
Excuse me what? Kai stood to be acknowledged. He would have to read up on what his new duties were, as soon as he found out how he had inherited them in the first place.

Undrichmann took his seat at the Arrows table, obviously not terribly happy about his new calling ,but not really upset either. He would be hunting for Cartright's killer, and the clues were already beginning to add up on who it could be.

Vex looked around and decided to introduce herself to the newest addition to the Sacramento Guardians. "My, Sacramento's Guardians are really getting a facelift. And it's about time to. I'm Vex, and you are?" Introducing herself to Ekko.
Kai
Kai

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:38 am

Fiddler sat and listened, while enjoying the champagne. wish I could have something stronger he thought, but he didn't want to break the protocol of the meeting.

He relinquished his spells reluctantly, and the absence of his shields made him uncomfortable. He replaced these feelings with more drink, and continued to sit in relative silence. interesting appointments he thought, and he focused on remembering names and faces that he hadn't already met.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:53 am

Andrade spoke again. "The first formal act of this Consilium is the disposition of Niles Plotski, confirmed Cultist of the Doomsday Clock," she said turning to Zilker.

"Niles Plotski has been found guilty, and judgment has been passed: The Mage known as Niles Plotski is to rejoin the Fallen World as a Sleeper, and have all supernal ability excised. His link to Stygia will be severed, and his name stricken from the Watchtower of the Lead Coin. If anyone has any business with Niles," Zilker said, "please see me. After the excision, his memories will be altered and he will return to the Fallen Lie as a true Sleeper."

Many looked uncomfortable at the pronouncement, and some faces showed surprise that this was even possible. Niles Plotski would lose the ability to summon magic forever. Tyria Primoria looked as if she wanted to cry at the thought of such destruction. West shifted uncomfortably at an Awakened subjected to the Lie once more.

Nodding, Andrade continued. "The next order of business is cabals. This Consilium formally recognizes three: the 9 Link Chain, the Neidan, and the Whispers of Nyx. Do any wish to declare the formation of a new cabal to be recognized?

Consilium Meeting - Page 2 Andradebanner

Consilium Meeting - Page 2 Zilkerbanner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kai Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:11 pm

Vex smiled to herself as Niles judgment was passed. Rot in hell bastard
Kai
Kai

Back to top Go down

Post by West Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:36 pm

Ekko turns to Vex with a smile and extends one of her small hands. "I am Ekko, it is very nice to meet you."

Consilium Meeting - Page 2 Ekkobanner

Ankh stands when her name is called and looks around at all the new faces. She seems nervous and looks at West as if yo say "This is your fault" before returning to her seat. She'll have to grill West later on exactly what the hell she is supposed to be doing with this new job.
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tsameti Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:27 pm

Consilium Meeting - Page 2 Rubybluebar
On hearing that Captain has been elevated to leadership of the Libertines, Ruby is aghast. He's not a bad man, but he has inexcusably brutish tendencies and in her opinion, a habit for extremism. But the Heirarch has spoken, and Ruby's not about to throw a wrench in things just yet.
She is however delighted to hear that traitor Niles' punishment will be to Fall, rather than Death or worse. To preserve a life is mercy, he'll still have a chance to find God on his own time.
Finally, when the cabals are declared it sets Ruby for a spin. The hoarders are no longer a Cabal and Tyria in 9 Chain? What will happen to the museum... she shoots a look at Phrymides.

Who catches the look and shrugs. She'll probably still be assisting Tyria.
tsameti
tsameti

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:45 pm

Theo was stunned by the sentence passed on Niles. He hadn't even known such a thing was possible and it chilled him to know the Consilium would condem someone like that. It seemed to him that with any crime worthy of such punishment (and he doubted any truely existed) it would be better if the criminal were killed. Indeed death seemed almost better. If not for preserving the sanctity of the soul, then for the pratical reason of making sure they would not be a threat. Perhaps most disturbing of all, it set a presedent.
Thistle
Thistle

Back to top Go down

Post by Kai Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:15 pm

Kai looks at Joshua.
"That was...unexpected, and judging by your face, seems you think so to." It was very unexpected, at least formally. All the stuff he had done was a shoot from the hip "OK go here, kill these people, go there, find out why these people died." Bah. Now he would be the enforcer of the Lex Magica. Kinda like being internal affairs strong arm. Kai figured he would just get used to a solo path.

Vex shook Ekko's hand. "It will be lovely working with proper Guardians again. Now maybe we can get back to our original missions. The new leadership is much better on the eyes as well."
Kai
Kai

Back to top Go down

Post by West Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:42 pm

Ekko laughs. "Zilker? No he isn't half bad looking. Probably all business though. A lot of the Guardians in Japan are like that, all work and no play. I mean, God forbid they smile, it might break their face."

She laughs, then he face turns serious again. "Are we going to be working with them?" She asks, pointing to Kai and Joshua.

Consilium Meeting - Page 2 Ekkobanner
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jmiland1 Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:13 pm

Joshua nods to Kai, "It's... Yes. Completely unexpected." He keeps his voice low, not wanting to be heard beyond their table. "Mystifying. I'm sure there are others better qualified..." He goes quiet, then gestures with his hand as though waving the words away. "Best not to talk about it here," he murmurs, and sits back in his chair, one hand on his coffee.
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Post by Kai Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:49 pm

Kai looked at Joshua and his voice lowered to a whisper "Maybe, but it I'm sure Undrichmann pulled some strings to help us get this. He's being pushed out you see, you can read it on his face. I think he pushed to keep a strong arrow presence here." What's she pointing over here for? Talking to Vex no less. Damn. There goes my 1 in a million.
"Keep your chin up. Hopefully mages will be on their best behavior and this will mean nothing more than a title of respect" Kai chuckled. Fat chance.

Vex

"Talk about all business. Those two are Arrows. I don't know much about Joshua, though I might make an effort" she says sizing him up, "the other is Kai, and I don't think he likes me much. He apparently has a distaste for Guardians. As for working with them, they are sentinels. If they show up, it means you've ignored the Lex Magica, and if you're working with them on something like that, then it means you are probably helping them enforce the law on someone close to you."
Kai
Kai

Back to top Go down

Post by Kai Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:18 pm

Vex clarifies her last statement as if just understanding Ekko's question, "That means the entire Lex Magica, not just the parts involving our beliefs of secrecy.
Kai
Kai

Back to top Go down

Post by tsameti Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:36 pm

Consilium Meeting - Page 2 Gwennybluebar
Gwenivelle shifts uncomfortably as the awkward silence is broken by whispered conversations. How many of these people don't belong to a cabal? Do they think the Consilium will be cool with Pentacle Mages running around as free agents? The Apostates got away with it for a while, but that was changing fast. Even Jimmy was starting to feel pressure to join the parade, although she knows he'll hold off as long as he can.
Plus, hell it'd probably be humiliating for this Andrade if no one in her district had the guts to step up. Gwenny thanks her lucky stars that she's pretty much committed to the Nyx.
tsameti
tsameti

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:39 pm

Starling watches the crowd, his legs propped up on the table in a rather casual manner. He was curious how many, if any, of the numerous apostates and others had even bothered yet. He takes another sip of champagne, and waits.
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:57 pm

After a long silence, with a bemused look, Andrade continued. "Well, then, with that, I shall conclude the first Consilium of Sacramento. All Mages here are recognized by the Consilium; any not present will be assumed to be Banishers, Seers, or rogues. Please enjoy your meals, and rumor has it that Jammer is throwing a party later," she finished with a smile.

Leaning over, she whispered to Zilker, "With so many singles running around for the Banishers, I suppose nature will take it's course."

Standing, she walked over to John Dee and nodded. A Portal sliced open, and she stepped through.

John closed the Portal and sat down. Zilker nodded to Ekko, who opened the doors to let the waiters in.

The formal portion of the Consilium was over.

(( This thread will remain open for posting/socializing until Friday, which should allow other in-progress threads to wrap up. Reminder: Any *new* thread that starts assumes *this* thread has fully happened. ))

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:02 pm

Zilker carried his plate over to sit with the other Whispers as Ekko returned to her seat.

Seeing this, West jumped up and did the same --joining the Neidan--, with look of relief.

Tyria, with a slight look of exasperation at the two men, followed suit but left her meal on the table. She sat with Ruby, Phrymides, and the other Mystagogues.

John Dee continued to sit at the long row with only Captain for company while he ate and watched the gathering.

Last edited by West on Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Premsyl Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:12 pm

Ollie is taken aback at the sentence passed on the mage cultist. He wonders if they could actually do that before he realizes that in a room full of mages that the question was more along the lines of what couldn't they do? Ollie couldn't imagine going back, and it had only been a little over a year since he'd awakened.

Ollie looks around when the cabals issue comes up. He hadn't given much thought to it before, it had never seemed that important. Maybe he'd keep hanging out with Rip and Doc, did that count?

After the talking ended he sat there nibbling at a piece of bread, wondering what will happen next.
Premsyl
Premsyl

Back to top Go down

Post by West Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:14 pm

Ankh looks at Kai with a curious expression on her face, while she pushes her food around on her plate. "Can you explain something to me Kai? Why is it that the Arrows are sitting with the Arrows, the Guardians are sitting with the Guardians, and the Free Council are sitting with the Free Council? Don't you people ever mingle like normal people?"

Ekko nods in response to Vex. "So then going over to all the rest of the people here and introducing myself would be a bad thing?"
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kai Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:23 pm

Kai nods at Ankh "I guess everyone has their own reasons, but mine is for no other reason than I'm not terribly social. I don't think anyone will begrudge you introducing yourself, especially with your new title. Congratulations by the way. I think they chose well, though you may go through a few growing pains first."

Vex

"Oh no dear. Theres a whole world of mages waiting to meet you" you can't tell whether shes being facetious or not. "Besides, we have to be just as social as anyone of the Mysetrium if we are going to keep our fingers on the pulse of Sacramento"
Kai
Kai

Back to top Go down

Post by West Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:32 pm

Ekko smiles, shaking her head and standing. "Ok I am going to go introduce myself to the people that matter at least. I'll be back."

She strides over to the 'Arrow" table with a smile. "Hi, I'm Ekko, uh kinda new. I just wanted to say congradulations and I can't speak for the other Guardians, but if you ever need my help at least, you have it."

She extends her hand to West first, then Joshua, then Kai, Undrichmann and last Ankh.
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:53 pm

Fiddler thought about mentioning his cabal, but at this point, it was really more of a partnership, what with the catastrophe they had suffered after only 2 days of existing.

He watched as the group started to mingle, thinking, maybe this won't be such a bad party after all... I could use some relaxing after all that bloodshed. He finished his glass.

Turning towards Animus, Fiddler said, "I guess we should try to shore up our cabal before trying to get recognized." He looked around the room before adding, "Shall we have a go at it now?"

Back to top Go down

Post by roadnottaken Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:02 pm

Animus thinks for a moment. "Joshua and Zero are the only two others I really know at this point. Maybe we should start by asking them?"
roadnottaken
roadnottaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:06 pm

Apotheosis order's a seafood paella. He eats methodically, first the clams, then the mussles, then scampi, cuttle fish, rice and finishing off with the shrimp. While he makes several comments on its spicyness, those who can smell the dish don't think it smells that hot. He doesn't talk too much while finishing off his meal, devoting his time to enjoying the meal, rather than to conversation.
Thistle
Thistle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:09 pm

Porter sits back and enjoys the meal. He politely listens to some of the conversations around him. He was never one to know what to say or when in these social settings. He does incline his head in a slight bow to Tyria when she joins the Mystagogues at the table.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:13 pm

Starling looks across the table at Porter, and grins wide, "Why so quiet? We're all supposed to be friends here." He leans against the table, taking a few bites of the lobster on his plate.
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kai Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:17 pm

Kai stands up and as Ekko introduces herself and bows then extends his hand out
"Welcome to Sacramento. I'm Kai."

Is that really the best you could come up with? Keep smiling. You certainly have nothing else going. Besides, if she was paying attention, she already knows your name dumbass

"We certainly have high hopes for what the new people of the Guardians bring to the table"
Kai
Kai

Back to top Go down

Post by West Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:24 pm

Ekko smiles. "Well I will certainly try to meet those hopes, but I can't promise anything. I was actually hoping to introduce myself to all the Mages here, but some of them seem very.........introverted."

She looks around at the rest of the room uncertainly.
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:37 pm

"So," Tyria said with a smile at the others. "Analysis?"

Zero slipped away from the table he was at and joined Jammer and the other Apostates. He knew where the cool table was.

"You're awfully quiet," West said, touching Ankh's hand after greeting Ekko.

Zilker finished and sat down next to Phrymides. "Just so you know, we're all starting with clean slates," he said with a wink. He then got up, spoke to John, and stepped through the newly created Portal.

"Yeah, dog, party," Jammer replied to Ollie. He watched Zilker leave; then, concentrating briefly, he released an Imago which filled the room with music.

Back to top Go down

Post by tsameti Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:39 pm

The shackles of decorum thrown off, Gwenny finally relaxes.
She's a little lost when Zilker vanishes, but she makes a beeline over to the Apostate table to greet them all. "Holy shit, that was crazy right?" She nods to acknowledge Ollie, who she doesn't recognize.

Ruby gets up to stretch, seriously disappointed that she will not have a chance to meet Andrade properly. She excuses herself politely and makes her way over to welcome John Dee back to Sacramento. "Well, I'm glad to see you John!" She greets Captain as well, as politely as she can. "Captain, congratulations. I know the Council will be blessed with your leadership. John, what have they had you doing these days?"

Phrymides practically leaps over to the Arrow table, curious to find out more about the city's power players. "Hello, I'm Phrymides! Are you miss Ankh, mr West? (Should I call you by your titles? Oh, I'm sorry!) I'm really very excited for the changes they're making anyway." She slides into the closest vacant seat, fairly close to West. "I've heard such unbelievable things about the work your team has been doing here, really it's so crazy!"
tsameti
tsameti

Back to top Go down

Post by Kai Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:47 pm

Kai looks at the newcomer to the table and talks to Ekko
"Well, this is Phrymides. West and Ankh are my Cabal mates, and Joshua is a fairly new Arrow here in town, and already making waves. If you would like, I could introduce you to the people I know or know of. I need to meet the others myself"
Kai looked at his food remaining. It was pretty good, but he could go for chinese takeout later anyway.

Vex

Vex watched over the room paying particular attention to what was happening at the Arrow table.
I guess its just me they don't like. Now that Niles is gone, this just certainly won't do
She stands up and heads over to Tyria. "So how have you been lately. You don't call, write, or text. Business is that busy these days?"
Kai
Kai

Back to top Go down

Post by West Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:55 pm

Ankh squeezes West's hand with a smile. "I'm fine. Just a little overwhelmed is all."

When Phrym walks over and sits down and starts yammering, Ankh smiles at her and nods, but West can tell she is not listening to a word the woman is saying.

Ekko smiles and nods. "That would be helpful, thanks." She waves good-bye to the others at the table and waits to see which direction Kai heads in.
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by roadnottaken Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:01 pm

Animus notices Zero slip away, wondering if he had just given his answer. He walks over to Joshua, slightly nervous about the number of other people who seem to be gathering at that table.

"Congratulations on your new title, Joshua."
roadnottaken
roadnottaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Premsyl Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:05 pm

Ollie puts on a charming smile, nodding back at Gwen. "Yeah, crazy shit. All serious and that. I've never really been to a.. uhh.. meeting like this, I guess. Seems like it might be really important for some folks. Glad the official part's over, though. I'm Ollie."
Premsyl
Premsyl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:09 pm

West nodded at Ankh and then stared at Phrymides talking a mile a minute with a look of wonder. "So, uh, we're OK about Avalon?" he said when she finally slowed down.

"I will, I promise," Tyria smiled at Vex. "If you'll excuse us? We were discussing Mysteries," she said, dismissing the Guardian. After Vex had left, Tyria asked the other Mystagogues again, "So? Analysis?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:22 pm

Finishing his meal, Theo considers Tyria's question. After some thought he answers. "I can't speak of the politcal appointments. Not enough information for a proper understanding of why they were made. They did seem to cause some suprise, especially for those called.
"I can't say I agree with the punishment given but again I'm ignorant of the circumstances. Still it seems very heavy handed."

Pausing for a second he goes on. "The announcment itself could be political in nature. A thought to be put into the minds of local mages, while at them same time getting rid of an enemy to the Awakened community. If the Consilium is capable of carrying out such a sentence it would serve to deter the undermining of its power and be a motivation to be on its good side. Even if they don't use it at all after this case, the threat of such a punishment would still be in the back of minds.
"That along with the recognition of cabals seem to be working towards the goal of consolidating power and an effort towards getting a better organization of the community."

Taking a small sip from a glass of beer he continues. "But I don't feel I know enough to trust even vague speculations. More information is needed."
Thistle
Thistle

Back to top Go down

Post by tsameti Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:23 pm

"Yea Ollie, cool. Call me Gwenny, everybody calls me that... everybody that doesn't use the B word anyway."

Seeing an opportunity Bourbon begins to tell the story of how Gwenivelle got picked up by the Guardians, much to her embarrassment.

"They weren't even decent shirts,"
she exclaims.

"I know!" Jimmy guffaws, "she thought her Jedi mind trick was so smooth too! Until they call security, and she tries to Vulgar her way out of there."

"Ugh... when the paradox hit I started hearing voices! Dolly Parton kept telling me to invest in aggregate steel for like two days."

Consilium Meeting - Page 2 Phrymbarblue
"Oh, no I'm sorry about that! You just surprised me a little, that's all." Phrymides sees the hand... and doesn't skip a beat. "I'm sure the city will be much safer with you all on the job!" She turns to extend congratulations to Kai as smoothly as she can. "And you must be Kai. It's nice to meet our senior Sentinel. I'm Phrymides."
tsameti
tsameti

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:26 pm

Fiddler nodded to Animus, but rather than follow him to the crowd of people congratulating Joshua, he decided to grab a drink first. He gave Animus a wave, and departed to find something with a little punch to it, always makes a gathering like this better... he thought.

Back to top Go down

Post by Premsyl Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:56 pm

Ollie listens to Gwen's story, a grin spreading across his face as the story goes on. At the end he laughs.

"Aw geez, that sucks! I think if I had a country singer giving me financial advice in my head I'd go batshit. You coming to Jammer's party later, Gwenny?"
Premsyl
Premsyl

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:37 pm

Starling slides his plate onto the table, and props his feet back up. "It's certainly an interesting choice for punishment. Creative enough, if you ask me." He takes another sip of champagne, "I'm surprised no other cabals seem to have sprung up though...enough people to settle on about ten of them, I'd say."
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:50 am

"Interesting? Creative? I may not have much experince but it seems more than that. Do you think it mercifull? It bears all the hallmarks of cruelty to me.
"Yes, to not murder is to follow Wisdom. But there are worse things than murder for those that are Wise. To intentionaly prevent an awakening is one, stealing a soul is another. What is this punishment if not both things at once? How much worse! To send someone back into Sleep and the Lie.... It violates the very divinty within all people and taints the souls of those who pass that judgement. I hope with all my heart that it was a bluff."
Thistle
Thistle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:06 am

Tyria watched Theo thoughtfully. Usually such... fervor was found within the Guardians' ranks, not the Mystagogues. Not that it was a bad thing; quite the opposite. If such passion could be turned towards his work, he would go far... as long as he was objective enough to see past his own opinions.

"It was no bluff," she said softly. "Niles Plotski is also a father, who indoctrinated his son. Are we to punish the son for the sins of his father? Unto the seventh generation, even?"

She glanced at the Arrows' table and held back her smile at Phrymides for fear of marginalizing the current conversation.

"Ok," Jammer said, somewhat distracted by maintaining the music. "So how the hell did you go from being pinched to joining? And Herald?" he asked Gweniville.

Back to top Go down

Post by tsameti Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:31 am

Gwenny scoffs."Shit, young Padawan, I am the party. Heh, you'll be surprised, a lot of these people are more fun than they seem."
Jammer's question takes her by surprise a little. "I dunno really. After I got lifted they put my dumb ass under house arrest. I started asking questions, shit about paradox and where this stuff comes from, the shit no one told us at first. And the answers just made sense. Make no mistake, the Council rocks pretty hard most of the time, but their new age science stuff never made sense to me. Gimme a Cauldron and a broomstick bitches! That's how I roll." She rocks the shocker for emphasis, but down low just in case the big cheeses are watching.
"Almost forgot, Jammer you want me to grab some cups and drinks for later? And I could use an extra pair of hands Ollie, you game?"

Bourbon busts a broad-ass grin and starts getting into the beat of Jammer's music, most of the other Apostates start having some fun too and the table's volume starts to rise.
Only one seems not to be enjoying herself, she sits fuming as she throws disgusted looks at Gwenivelle.

The Apostates introduce themselves to Zero, and collectively try to deduce his music tastes.
tsameti
tsameti

Back to top Go down

Post by Kai Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:32 am

Kai turns to Phrymides "Thank you. I should hope that the title will never mean anything. But we know how things like that seem to be going these days."

He turns back to Ekko and leads her to the table with Jammer.
"Ekko, this is Jammer. His club already is quickly becoming the apostate contact point and safehouse. He will be invaluable in helping us protect the Apostates from the banisher threat. This" he turns to Gwen " is Gwen. I just met her last night. Congrats on your new title Gwen." Kai turns to Zero "I don't think we've met before. I'm Kai of the Arrows, and this is Ekko of the Guardians."

Vex

She had suspected a quick dismissal from Tyria. It would take a while before she could even begin talking to the other established pentacle mages again. She made her way over to Captain. She had never even heard of him before and here he was already a councilor.
"Hello Captain. I don't think I've ever met you before, and yet here you are councilor of the Free Council. Apparently good looks are a prerequisite to obtain these positions."
Kai
Kai

Back to top Go down

Post by tsameti Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:31 am

Consilium Meeting - Page 2 Rubybluebar

Ruby makes pleasant small talk with the surprisingly quiet Dee. The arrival of Lucrecia Vex interrupts them though. Ruby doesn't know much about Vex beyond her reputation, which is admittedly not very flattering. "Miss Vex," she offers in respectful greeting.

The awful ruckus coming from the Apostate table grows increasingly maddening. The worst part is the music. "You wouldn't mind if I tuned out a little bit of this ruckus, would you?" She asks politely while she prepares a quick Control Sound spell to shield this side of the room from poor taste.

Consilium Meeting - Page 2 Phrymbarblue

Phrymides feels a little put out at her reception by the Arrows. They're so disciplined, she decides in growing admiration. She's also a bit disappointed that she wasn't recognized as Herald. Tyria had seemed to be hinting she was the front running candidate. She returns to the Mystagogue table as the newer arrivals seem a bit lost and Tyria can be intimidating at first. "Hello Mr. Porter. What did you think of Sacramento so far?"

Kai's arrival precipitates a stunned silence among the Apostates. At first it's almost as if he did something wrong, but then they all break out in a chorus of excited voices.

"Holy shit! You're one of the Neidan, right?"
"The Addy A. guys!"
"Oh my God, I saw you guys at the Block Party, you straight dropped one of those Banisher fuckheads!"
"Stone COLD."
"It was the craziest thing I've seen since the last 'Die Hard'"

Kai can barely get a word in edgewise.

Gwenny grins with embarrassment at Ekko. "Hey, I'm sorry I didn't meet you earlier. I didn't realize you're with the Whispers. If you can pull this guy away from my friends, tell him thanks. Him and the others? They really saved our asses putting the Banishers in their place. Oh yea, you absolutely have to come to the party after this, I need someone cool in the Nyx to hang with or I'll go crazy."
tsameti
tsameti

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:36 am

Starling continues sipping his champagne and watches Theo with a sly look on his face. "Tell me then, darling...what would you have done in her place?" He watches Tyria for her reaction to the question, and pushes his chair back just enough to settle on two legs without falling over.
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Premsyl Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:37 am

Ollie's begun nodding his head, drumming his fingers to the music.

"Yeah, I'm game. Just let me know when you're ready to go so I can grab my ride from the front desk."
Premsyl
Premsyl

Back to top Go down

Post by Kai Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:43 am

Kai looks a little uncomfortable that it's gotten around that he was in the Banisher fight at Sac U. He scratches the back of his head nervously and looks down.
At least the disguise got past the sleeper world

Vex

Vex looks at Ruby "Not at all dear. Certainly not my taste." She shot a glance over at the Apostate table. Jammer was certainly going to prove useful. "How have things been amongst the Mystagogues?"
I would tell you how things have been going amongst my little circle of friends, but thats just been made public knowledge
Kai
Kai

Back to top Go down

Post by jmiland1 Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:48 am

Joshua nods to Ekko, and to Phrym, when they both come to introduce themselves, but he still seems in a bit of a daze. When Animus comes over a look of clarity crosses Joshua's face, and the corners of his mouth turn up a bit--about the closest to a smile he's bound to give under such circumstances.
"Thank you, Animus. I appreciate it. I think I may grab a bite to eat," he says, looking over to West for permission and immediately feeling foolish for doing so. "Perhaps you'd like to join me?" he asks Animus as he gets up.
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:54 am

"I think you mean third and fourth generation but maybe there was a verse I had missed." Theo stopped short, he hadn't meant to blurt that out. He must seem like a little know it all. He had hoped to avoid that. More self control would be needed in the future but he might as well finish what he started. Addressing Tyria's question "The proper biblical reply would be "so long as they repent not, and hate, saith the Lord" and in a way I agree, in that the son's accountablility hinges on his own actions and desicions, not his father's. But it's the manner of wrath and punishment I'm concerned about, not who bears responsibility. To take away enlightment, even the enlightment of an evil person... to me it is nothing less than the destruction of a very essential part of who that person is. I see it as the death of a soul. Can any honestly say they can pass such a sentence with fairness? Can they say with absolute certainty it is the right thing to do? I don't think anyone could"
Theo pauses then he goes on "As I said before, I don't have a real grasp of the situation but I can't think of anything that would merit such a thing. Death, to me is preferable.
"Just what is the cult of the doomsday clock? Maybe if I knew more, it might help."
Thistle
Thistle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next