Twilight Valley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shadows (Attn: Leigh,Elle,Reed,Shadow)

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Shadows (Attn: Leigh,Elle,Reed,Shadow) - Page 2 Empty Re: Shadows (Attn: Leigh,Elle,Reed,Shadow)

Post by Guest Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:04 pm

Shadow's statement stopped Leighanne in her tracks she could leave it was her choice that calmed her enough that she thought over everything the woman had said she looks at her "OK then maybe you are right, maybe I will see what you can do to help me, but I'm warning you if anyone threatens me in anyway I am so outta here what ever happened to me doesn't like to be threatened or trapped at all and your little helpers need to learn that or they may get hurt if they approach everyone the way they approached me." with that she sat back in the chair and looked at Shadow once more "Maybe I will take that drink after all I'm feeling a bit better maybe I can hold it down."

Back to top Go down

Shadows (Attn: Leigh,Elle,Reed,Shadow) - Page 2 Empty Re: Shadows (Attn: Leigh,Elle,Reed,Shadow)

Post by West Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:10 pm

The tall man comes into the room and places a tall glass on the table next to Leighanne.

Shadow nods. "Good. Drink and relax. I have something I must attend to at the moment. I will be back shortly to check on you and we can talk more about people threatening you then. I will also figure out who would be best to help you. Feel free to roam the house if you wish."

With that, she turns and walks down the hall entering the library where everyone was waiting for her.

"My apologies for making you wait. The young are sometimes more difficult then we expect. Now, Nicolo, since you were the one suggesting a new Harpy for us, I would like to know whom you have in mind for the position."
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:22 pm

Leighanne watches Shadow leave the room and she picks up the drink smelling it before putting it to her lips the coppery scent fills her nostrils and and she revels in the smell for a brief moment before downing the entirety of the glass before putting it back on the table.

Getting up she looks around the room she is currently in she decided to head out of the room and down the hall peaking her head in different rooms as she walks she finds one that has a bed in it deciding she wants to do something normal she walks in and sits on the bed a feeling of exhaustion washing over her she lies down on the bed and wills herself to sleep as if nothing has changed and her world hasn't been turned upside down.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:37 pm

Elle looks at Nicolo, having told Shadow at the Court that she believed that Rahyna should remain their harpy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:05 pm

Neil kept his face impassive unsure of what Nicolo would say but ready to offer support if he brought up a good point.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:38 am

"Madame Seneschal -- forgive us for taking you away from your duties. I wish you'd let us know so we could have rescheduled. Let me get to my points so everyone can have their say and we can reach a conclusion quickly."

Nicolo did not sit but paced and gestured as he spoke, his eyes animated and passionate. "It is my understanding it is not a necessity that this city's Primogen Council retains a Harpy. After doing some research, I'm not even sure why a Harpy is even necessary for the tasks we have been assigned. If we are to serve the Prince in an advisory position in matters of policy, I am really at a loss as to what we could possibly need an appointed Harpy for.

From what I know, a Harpy is basically a fashionista. A trend-setter. A Kindred elite who is up on who's who of the city and is able to make or break someone's reputation with a whisper of gossip.

The Prince may need his own Harpy for public relations work. In that instance, He can utilize the position to sway public opinion this way or that, but frankly, that is not our job. Our job is to watch for the reality of public opinion, not the manufactured version, and advise His Highness how best he might cope with it.

Finally, the least possible effective Harpy is an appointed Harpy. People see them as propaganda tools or even shills for the Prince or the group that has hired them. A truly effective Harpy attains their influence and position unofficially by their own popularity and the power it brings them, being more respected for it.

Nothing against dear Rayhna -- I am sure she is a lovely girl. But I don't truly believe this council requires a Harpy, and if it did, I'm not convinced that appointing one is the route we would want to take. I'm also not entirely sure having her serve as both the Harpy and the Daeva Pricus is not a conflict of interest."

Nicolo stopped talking and faced the room. "What say you? Have you any thoughts?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:43 am

Elle's jaw drops, horrifed.

She doesnt say anything, politely waiting for Shadow to speak.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:06 am

"Elle? Why do you look so horrified? Have I said something to offend you, il mio caro?" Nicolo grinned. "Surely, the Prince had some good reason for choosing you as one of his most trusted and wise advisors. You must have some sort of opinion you can share. Don't be shy now. It's never seemed to be an issue for you in the past..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:46 am

A small smile appeared on Neil's lips as he sees Elle speechless for the first, and probablt last, time "Well..." Neil paused as he considered his words carefully "You certainly bring up interesting points, and while I may argue certain specifics I think you may be right in the conflict of interest. I may be wrong but I'm not sure if our harpy should be a Pricus of any clan" He looked at the others taking in their responses so he could plan his next move.

Back to top Go down

Post by West Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:38 am

Shadow looks at Nicolo. "Really? Ok, then I'll just give Karsh a call and inform him that he shouldn't be the Priscus and the Harpy at the same time because it's a conflict of interests. Not to mention the Harpy's job entails a great deal more then simple trend setting and gossip. The Primogen's Harpy is our personal secretary. Who do you think the neonates will go to when they wish to speak with one of us? We have the Prince's ear, the entire city knows this. Why do we need a Harpy? Because we need someone who is looking out for our interests, not just the Prince's. And, personally, I could use the assistance. Now, as for Rahyna, she has already shown she can do the job. Her being Priscus of her clan has nothing to do with being a Harpy, other then making her a tad bit more influencial. So, to put it bluntly, Nicolo. I disagree with you. In every aspect. Anyone else?"

Shadows (Attn: Leigh,Elle,Reed,Shadow) - Page 2 Shadowbanner
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:52 am

"I'm sorry, Madame Seneschal. You addressed those statements to me, let me have my rebuttal before turning it over to someone else. I did explain to you the difference between the Prince's Harpy and the Primogen's Harpy. There should be one person controlling His Highness' PR. We should not have our own PR. We are simply advisors to The Crown, not our own entity to indulge in our own press.

If Karsh needs an extra set of hands, let him have an assistant Harpy so that he may control the press and make sure it's consistent, rather than having it come from two different sources and risk it being contradictory and making His Highness look foolish and weak.

If the populace needs to speak with us, do not put a layer in between us and them. Let them come directly to us. I do not see the wisdom in making things more complicated, making them jump through hoops, or risking their concerns be muddied by an "interpreter" put between us and them.

If you need a private secretary, then hire one.

If you want to continue to work with Rayna, then do so. No one is stopping you. But I maintain, I do not think we need a Harpy."

Nicolo's eyes flashed dark as he maintained his focus on the Seneschal.

Back to top Go down

Post by West Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:59 am

Shadows eyes narrow. "Do not tell me the difference between the Prince's Harpy and the Primogen Harpy as if I was embraced yesterday, child. I was around hundreds of years before you were even born, before the Primogen Council was reduced to nothing but the Prince's lackys and lap dogs. I know exactly what their jobs entail. The Prince has asked us to choose a Harpy and that is what we will do. If you personally do not feel we need one, then don't bother yourself with this decision. I feel we do need one, now do you think you can quiet yourself long enough to hear others opinions? Or did Longinus box your ears this evening?"

West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:05 am

Nicolo stands his ground, folds his arms over his chest, gives her half a smirk, and prepares himself to listen.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:12 am

Erika had stopped her browsing several minutes ago, to listen to the back and forth between the two. She didn't particularly show any emotion, beyond her quick movements to a chair, where her leg slid up over the other in a ladylike crossing. "Personally, the only person I would consider fit for the position is Rahyna. She has done it well in the past, and any other options I would consider..well, we're already here." She then turns her gaze to Nicolo, and then looks back to Shadow.
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:30 am

Neil looks to the others, considering what he has heard. One thing was certain with the exception of Nicolo the others seemed adamant on keeping Rhayna and this was not a battle he felt needed to be fought. He looks at Nicolo for a moment before shaking his head "Well as I said before some stability in the time of change may be useful and I have heard nothing but praise. So unless anyone can give a solid reason against her my vote remains as I stated at the meeting."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:36 pm

The prince told us to select a harpy, not to make our own decision on whatever the fuck we want. Perhaps you didnt not hear his instructions because you were too busy cuddling up to Bella. It is completely insane to go against the princes wishe's. I would just love to see what the Prince thought of you blatantly ignoring his instructions as your first act as a Primogen. It is not our job to decide whether or not we need a Harpy, it's our job to pick who it is.

If the fireworks werent enough warning? I think we are all very lucky that the rest of us are more apt to follow the instructions of our prince.

Rahyna. That is my vote.

She says, leaning back in her chair.

Back to top Go down

Post by West Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:50 pm

Shadow holds up a hand, hoping to stave off any nasty retorts to Elle's statement. "Whoa, slow down there killer. Yes, the Prince instructed us to pick a Harpy, however, the Prince also picked each person in this room because he felt you could think for yourselves, not blindly follow like sheep. I understand how you feel Elle, however there is no need to be nasty or rude. I am not fond of rude."

She looks at them all in turn as she says this. "Now, it would seem the vote has been cast and the choice is Rahyna. I am very glad we could come to this conclusion in such a timely fashion. Now, I have a very new kindred in my parlor telling me that someone threatened to send dogs after her." She looks at Elle. "You wouldn't happen to know anything about that, would you?"

West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:55 pm

You can ask Reed what I said as well. I believe my words were that if she did not come with us we would inform the hounds, and that they would most likely come after her if she did not get acknowledged by you. I said nothing about 'sending' Hounds after her. Of course, the woman is a bit hysterical so she might have taken what I said the wrong way.

Would you like me to apologize to her? I did in fact get her here safely to you, and had her considerably calmer than when I found her Lady Shadow.

Back to top Go down

Post by West Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:31 pm

Shadow closes her eyes and shakes her head. "Elle, you do not have the authority to bring the Hounds down upon anyone, not even a new kindred. That is the first thing. The second thing is very simple, you must watch what you say to new kindred very carefully, or you will easily have a misunderstanding. They do not know our terms nevermind this one doesn't even know what she is. Next time, please choose your words more carefully."

West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:39 pm

I certainly do not have the power, I was just mentioning what could happen. But, as you wish Lady Shadow, I will choose my words with the utmost care and diligence so we do not have a repeat of the current situation. she nods.

Back to top Go down

Post by West Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:41 pm

Shadow nods. "Well, the situation is now currently resolved. Now, Nicolo, I must speak with you about Confession. I need to do this at your earliest convienence. Is there anything else that needs to be brought to the table?"

West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:38 pm

I have nothing else that needs to be addressed... Elle comments, rising.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:53 pm

"Beyond admiration of your library, I have nothing else to add."
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:25 pm

Nicolo smiled. It never occurred to Elle that he had spoken to His Highness privately and had already secured permission to not fill the position of Harpy if they so chose. But she was such a hopped-up little fool, she would rather jump to conclusions than ask a simple question. Or maybe she just needed a fix... How the Prince ever thought she could keep her mind straight enough to make even the simplest of decisions or recommendations was beyond him. And already she seemed to be making careless mistakes simply bringing in a neonate. Well, there you had it; the shining jewel of the Primogen Council... The Crown must be swelling with pride.

It was obvious he was to be a loan wolf among pups on leashes. And again he wondered what he was doing here. Why was he wanted to actually think when it was obvious they just wanted a Council that would rubber stamp the status quo? Well, nothing could be done about it now.

"I appreciate you all hearing me out. I'm sure Rayhna will continue to make a fine Harpy. I have nothing else either so I will bid you all a sera fine. Madame Seneschal, would you like me to wait while you finish with your other business? We can take care of your confession here if you like?"

Back to top Go down

Post by West Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:45 pm

Shadow shakes her head. "No, that will not be necessary, Nicolo. I will contact you when I am able. I have a feeling this will be a long night for me. Thank you all for coming."

West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:04 pm

Elle rises and heads out, nodding to Neil, Erica, and casting Nicolo a slight glare, hating a smug look on anyones face, the girl loathing being out of the loop.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:07 pm

Erika stands, and bows her head politely. "If you'll excuse me then." and makes her way out, following Elle to the road before she makes her own way into the city.
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:21 pm

"I'm so sorry to hear that. In that case, I wish you much patience and peace." He smiled at her genuinely, gave her a wink and headed toward the door, anxious to make sure the 430 was OK, having not left her in anyone's hands.

Back to top Go down

Post by West Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:45 pm

Shadow watched Nicolo leave, thinking that one can only be trouble for her immediate future. She leaves the library and walks down the hjall back to the parlor. She picks up the book she was trying to read earlier and settles in to wait for Rahyna to arrive.

West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by West Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:03 pm

Rahyna shows up at the chapter house and enters without knocking she sees Shadow sitting curled up with a book in a chair "Shadow how are you this evening I hope all is well with you."

Shadow looks up and smiles as she sets the book aside. "Well enough, Primogen Harpy, I hope the night finds you healthy."

Rahyna gives Shadow a knowing smile "Oh I still hold that title? That is wonderfull news I am doing well this evening thank you for asking." looking around the room Rahyna notices that there is an empty glass on one of the tables looking to Shadow she asks "Have you been entertaining this evening?"

Shadow shrugs. "Not really. New neonate, Nos I think. She didn't have a clue as to what she was. Elle brought her to me. I got her calmed down and under control. Unfortunately I am going to have to find a surrogate sire for her. I am trying to remember all of the Nos in the city and who would be suitable." She motions to a chair. "Have a seat. What did you need to speak to me about?"

Rahyna takes the offered seat and looks at Shadow "Well I actually had a couple of things one I need to know what ever I can about Mrs. Elle Moraine and second I do believe I will be moving back into the Chapter House here with you for a while you have room don't you."

Shadow nods. "Yes, of course. There is room enough for all the Dragons. But, what about your Museum? As for Ms. Moraine, I will see what I can find out."

"My museum is taken care of Jackson is very capable on that I just feel for the time being I want to be closer to family." she gives Shadow an all to familure look that says she wants to bel close to her not necessarily anyone else.

"Well, if that is your wish. I just don't want anyone to think you are living here because I cannot do this job on my own. That would not bode well."

"Not at all I have done all I need to make sure the museum is up and running Jackson is capable and with the new position of Prisucs this seems a better place less kine hanging around and also I am use to living in the chapter house it was I did before I am getting quite lonley by myself at the museum... now if you want to move in with me that would work too but that would look alot worse than me moving in here." she smiles at Shadow.

"Yes this is true. Besides, I don't think it would be any less busy if I were to go there. And I would probably need three of the museum rooms for my libraries alone. Yes, I think you staying here will be a much better solution. I will make sure a room is made ready for you then."

"Thank you once again you have helped me out a great deal." Rahyna raises from her chair and walks over to Shadow and takes her hand reveling the ice cold feeling she leans over and whispers to her like a mother would to her child "I will be here within a week and Madame Seneshal I can think of no one better to advise the prince."

Shadow laughs at this. "Oh I can, but thank you. I look forward to your return. Now, I must go and seek out a suitable Nosferatu to take this new one off my hands."

"See you in a few days then" she smiles brightly and raises to her full height and turns and leaves.
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:50 pm

Neil left with only a few words of farewell he was not sure how he felt about tonight but he knew he needed to speak with Nicolo, he would do that soon but for now he had other plans. Hoping in his car he drove off thinking about his next step.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2