Twilight Valley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A less empty Orchestra than usual (attn O'dell's group)

+4
druidspath
Bodecia Albion
Aeolus
Benjamin
8 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

A less empty Orchestra than usual (attn O'dell's group) - Page 3 Empty Re: A less empty Orchestra than usual (attn O'dell's group)

Post by Rosyn Fri May 29, 2009 2:31 pm

Sable slowly sinks out of her chair and dashes over to the stage and before anyone really notices she left she's up at the mic again. She didn't know a whole lot of happy songs but she really liked this one as it reminded her of the sweet wet smell of rain. "Somewhere over the rainbow, way up high, there's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby." Its obvious to the other changelings that whatever had turned her into the twisted little swamp creature had also given her this magical voice. To the other patrons, they see a sad little homeless girl with an oddly entrancing voice. "Somewhere over the rainbow, Skies are blue, And the dreams that you dare to dream, Really do come true. Someday I'll wish upon a star and wake up where the clouds are far, Behind me. Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me." Unlike the song she sang before her eerie, sad voice is actually filled with the soaring sound of hope and the contrasting happiness is sure to stun the others. She seems lost in the lyrics. "Somewhere over the rainbow, Bluebirds fly. Birds fly over the rainbow. Why then, oh why can't I? If happy little bluebirds fly beyond the rainbow. Why, oh why can't I?" Once again the last words of the song echo eerily in the microphone as she backs away, her expression is completely different however. She stands on the stage blinking at the crowd as though the happy message of the song had actually effected her. A little smile creeps across her froggy lips but its immediately lost when she realizes she had been standing there getting stared at with no song playing. Her fear washes back over her and she give the short stiff bow from before and scampers back to Derry feeling safer near her shining beauty.
Rosyn
Rosyn

Back to top Go down

A less empty Orchestra than usual (attn O'dell's group) - Page 3 Empty Re: A less empty Orchestra than usual (attn O'dell's group)

Post by Bodecia Albion Fri May 29, 2009 9:55 pm

Derry whistles through her teeth, and claps...Yeah, Sable! WOOO!

Her enthusiasm is infectious, and others in the bar applaud as well.
Bodecia Albion
Bodecia Albion

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Fri May 29, 2009 11:23 pm

Kyle laughs with her at the very idea that he's a role model. "I know, I'd never call myself that, but Garrik keeps saying it, so it might be true. And flirting is totally fine with me, it's just that I didn't want to go spinning your wheels expecting to get somewhere only to get mad when I get distracted by someone else's charms. It's not a smirch on your charms, just a response on behalf of my self-imposed restrictions."
Benjamin
Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodecia Albion Fri May 29, 2009 11:51 pm

Ok, we'll agree that my charms are totally unsmirched, then. Rolling Eyes

Derry heads back to the table to check up on the others. She takes Sable's clinging with a good grace, and says with a smile That was really good. I love that song.
Bodecia Albion
Bodecia Albion

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodecia Albion Fri May 29, 2009 11:54 pm

Derry takes a seat next to Nightfall. Having fun?
Bodecia Albion
Bodecia Albion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosyn Sat May 30, 2009 12:15 am

Sable just can't take it any more all the compliments and attention, she just ...has to get out of here! When Derry moves to sit with Nightfall, Sable turns and creeps toward the door. Soon she's wriggling back through the drain down the street and crawling under the city again where its dark, wet and lonely...Just like she likes it!
Rosyn
Rosyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Aeolus Sat May 30, 2009 5:35 am

"Wher'd she go?" Joshua blinked at Derry; he wouldn't notice, if she were angry or irritated. "Thnks for takin' me out byth'way." Not waiting for any answer, he got up and looked for the toilets - he knew a great trick to avoid really bad hangovers.
Aeolus
Aeolus

Back to top Go down

Post by OBSN Sat May 30, 2009 12:07 pm

"Well, she was certainly an interesting young woman." Johnathan passively watches Joshua go before looking around at the dwindling crowd. "Does he have anywhere to go? Wasn't he with Conrad?" He decides that at this point he should probably switch over to drinking water.
OBSN
OBSN

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodecia Albion Sat May 30, 2009 12:31 pm

color=violet]Yep, and he's going home with Conrad, too,[/color] says Derry. Or at least, not home with me.

She frowns slightly. There's a point at which alcohol just slows a person down so much that they're not fun anymore, and Joshua is quite a bit over that line.

Where IS Conrad anyway??? He's been gone ages! I hope he didn't just scarper off with Zuke and leave without any word!

Derry turns to Johnathan. So, you going to the Ren Faire tomorrow?
Bodecia Albion
Bodecia Albion

Back to top Go down

Post by OBSN Sat May 30, 2009 5:19 pm

Johnathan thinks for a moment. "Yes actually, might be I could do a little shopping. It might even be fun too, and its important to get involved with court events I guess. You work there right? I can't say I've ever been to one." I really hope that I won't have to speak in period english.
OBSN
OBSN

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodecia Albion Sat May 30, 2009 7:57 pm

Oh, you'll love it. So many people, wanting so many things. Lots of drama. A regular bonanza. Would you like a wristband? There's a special party after the gate closes, and you have to have a wristband to stay.

What would you shop for? asks Derry with some curiosity. This changeling really plays it close to the vest, and she doesn't know much more about him than when he first walked in.
Bodecia Albion
Bodecia Albion

Back to top Go down

Post by OBSN Sat May 30, 2009 8:53 pm

"Sure, I'll take a wristband. As far as shopping, I saw a flier about one of us who has a weaponry stall at the faire, I'm going on a little expedition soon and figured that it couldn't hurt to take a look. A special party you say? Sounds like fun. What exactly do you do at the faire?" Johnathan asks.

He can't help but take a quick glance at his watch, considering going to look for Conrad.
OBSN
OBSN

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodecia Albion Sat May 30, 2009 9:22 pm

Derry almost snorts at his answer. Of COURSE, he's interested in sharp metal pointy things. What guy isn't?! Typical, she thinks.

I have a little business called Heart's Desire Woodworks. I make all kinds of things with wood- panpipes, ocarinas, flutes, walking staves, little boxes, carved animals- that kind of thing.

Derry looks at the men's room door. Would you mind checking on Joshua for me? I can't exactly investigate to make sure he's not passed out in there. She sighs heavily. And if Conrad's not back by the time you return, I guess we should go look for him.
Bodecia Albion
Bodecia Albion

Back to top Go down

Post by OBSN Sat May 30, 2009 11:12 pm

"That's sounds interesting" Johnathan says in response to Derry's first statement."Maybe I'll see you there tomorrow."

He gives a short groan as he stands up and looks around. "Let's see where Joshua got himself to." He walks off to the restroom to see if he can find him.
OBSN
OBSN

Back to top Go down

Post by Aeolus Sun May 31, 2009 4:46 am

The plan was really simple - you make yourself throw up so that there's less alcohol to enter your system over the time you're asleep.
Of course, that's only the theory, but Joshua was a firm believer in this and after he had thrown up most of his stomach's contents (and oppressed the urge to vomit his guts out - what do they say, once you've popped you can't stop?) he was carefully washing himself, so that he doesn't look too messed up when he leaves the restroom.
Outside he nearly bumped into Jonathan. He grinned and made a circle with his thumb and index finger: everything worked as planned so far.
Aeolus
Aeolus

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodecia Albion Sun May 31, 2009 10:37 pm

Derry waited impatiently at the table and wondered where the older changeling had run off to with Zuke. She amuses herself thinking of the two of them hitting it off in the dark alley behind the bar. Now, that would be something to see.

I am SO ready to go home, she thinks, drumming her fingernails on the table. Even if I'll be alone.

She looks around the place. No one really catches her fancy, and if Nightfall is interested, he's not saying.
Bodecia Albion
Bodecia Albion

Back to top Go down

Post by OBSN Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:08 am

"Alright there guy?" Johnathan asks with a slight smile, as they make their way back through the bar to the table."I think that we're breaking up for the night. We should probably find Conrad and get you squared away, if that's all right with you." I guess he's probably had a pretty exciting day, didn't they say he just made it out? If he is going to attend the fair tomorrow, he would like to do it with a good nights sleep ahead of time.
OBSN
OBSN

Back to top Go down

Post by Aeolus Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:06 pm

"Cann't I promisd Kyle .. stay here to talk." Joshua gave Jonathan a weak smile and sat down at their table again, looking for Kyle, as if to reinforce his objection. Yeah, he was tired; this probably had been the longest day of his entire life.
Aeolus
Aeolus

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodecia Albion Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:45 pm

Fine, said Derry flatly, with the tone of voice that makes you know it's completely not fine.

Johnathan, come with me if you would? I don't want to be poking around in dark alleys all by myself.
Bodecia Albion
Bodecia Albion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:08 pm

(( OOC: WOW I'm so sorry this thread wasn't sending me notifies. ))

Nightfall finally roused himself from his reverie, thinking about the first time he had come here, and met Arch and Lisaundra. Ages ago. He belatedly realized Derry had spoken to him, and that Johnathan had been talking about weapons at the faire before leaving to find... Joshua, was it?

He wiped his mouth and made walking motions with his fingers and pointed to Derry.

Maybe he'd tell Marlo that Winter had someone for the Lonely March, after all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodecia Albion Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:04 pm

Ok, I guess Kyle can keep Joshua company. Derry considers for a bit. I'm thinking maybe Conrad wanted a little fresh air, and he and Zuke are just outside chatting.

Derry finishes her sparkling water and bangs the glass down on the table. Let's roll!
Bodecia Albion
Bodecia Albion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:12 pm

Nightfall smiled and nodded, standing up to leave. Quickly, he finished off his beer, which a happy shrug. Can't leave something like that now, can he?

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodecia Albion Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:18 pm

Derry headed out the front door with Nightfall (and Johnathan if he decides to follow). It's a beautiful spring evening, with a cool breeze blowing. She looks around. Any ideas where to look?, she asks Nightfall.
Bodecia Albion
Bodecia Albion

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:29 pm

"I just wanted to ask you," Kyle asks Joshua. "Do you have a place to stay at night? I know I didn't right out of the hedge. If you don't, I'd like to offer either my place or a hotel room until you get on your feet."
Benjamin
Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:33 pm

Nightfall waves his hand around in a circular motion, indicating they should walk around the Orchestra.

He honestly had no idea where old men took younger men.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodecia Albion Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:41 pm

Sounds like a plan. Umm...do you smell something...herbal?
Bodecia Albion
Bodecia Albion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:52 pm

Nightfall grins and nods. It had been a while for him, even before, but who didn't know that smell?

He tilted his head toward the alley, to see if she wanted to go, or wait for them here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:54 pm

(( The people going to the alley need to move here. ))
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Aeolus Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:44 am

Boy, Derry was pissed for some reason. Was it because Conrad and... Zeeke? left without properly saying goodbye? His mind was too sluggish for this and he decided to just watch them leave and close his eyes for just a second..

He didn't know how long he has been dozing as Kyle started talking to him. He noticed that he hadn't planned further than this evening (and even that plan was overthrown by the spontaneous urge to get drunk) and that a guy with a coyote head was talking to him. He smiled weakly at this thought; he had to get used to this and Kyle really wasn't so bad.
"No I..dunno where t'sleep t'night" by now his smile has turned into a sad, pleading look "but.. dun wanna be alone."
Aeolus
Aeolus

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodecia Albion Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:42 pm

We found Conrad! announced Derry, with a real sense of accomplishment. I'm ready to head home- a full day tomorrow, you know. She gives Kyle and Joshua wristbands and walks toward the door.
Bodecia Albion
Bodecia Albion

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:08 pm

Kyle puts on his empathetic face, because as much as he wanted to take that group of girls looking at him from across the room home, kin took priority. "Aw, don't worry Joshua," Kyle helps him up. "We can go to my place. I got a comfortable bed, special sheets that don't stain and you can stay there for awhile until we get you settled in."

It had been what? A couple of hours since he had gotten some from that redhead? He was sure that he could survive one night with Rosie Palm's company. It would be an interesting change of pace. As long as it didn't become a habit or anything.
Benjamin
Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by OBSN Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:17 pm

"If that's all taken care of then, I'll bid you all a good night, take care." Says Johnathan. He stands from his seat, slips his coat back on and makes his way out into the street, fishing in his pocket for another cigarette.
OBSN
OBSN

Back to top Go down

Post by druidspath Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:25 am

Conrad steps in for just o moment.

Well folks, im headed home. If anyone needs a place to crash and another beer, come on. There's always room for us types.

Conrad moves to Conrads Studio
druidspath
druidspath

Back to top Go down

Post by Aeolus Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:44 am

"T'morro?" Joshua looks at the wristband in confusion before hesticks it in his pocket. Then, everyone left and it seemed to be only him and Kyle left. "Th'nkyou..are we goin home too?"
Aeolus
Aeolus

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:03 pm

"That's why I'm helping you into my car, Tall, drunk and blue eyed." And it's true, either Kyle has secret magical powers of teleportation or Joshua's having trouble keeping track of where he exactly is at any given moment. They're in the parking lot, it's late and the night air is warm. Once Kyle gets Joshua buckled into his backseat, he takes him back to his apartment to sleep his first night of freedom off.
Benjamin
Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3